Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   2 New restaurants opening soon. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/5502-2-new-restaurants-opening-soon.html)

Sparky 06-01-2010 11:08

2 New restaurants opening soon.

Hi thought i would pass on this hot off the press info :-
The chef from Centric and his daughter have taken over the lease for Can Andreu and will be open in time for San Antoni. The name will be Es Canto or something like that.
The couple who used to have El Pozo Chinese are opening a new restaurant in what was Bar Gigi (a few years ago). I don't know what it will be called yet but it is in Roger de Flor just along from the car park.

its cd 06-01-2010 11:20

Ex Centric chef venture sounds promising ...... have always liked centric out of season but found it a bit hit and miss when busy ............... one for my list for next visit

Great news that locals are feeling confident enough to open new businesses

Sparky 06-01-2010 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by its cd (Post 38108)
Great news that locals are feeling confident enough to open new businesses

That's exactly what i thought CD and i wish them both well in their new ventures. :D

Belladonna 06-01-2010 12:08

What will be happening in Centric then? Have they got a new chef?

BonysLad 06-01-2010 12:41

Sparky,

That's interesting cos the Chef and his wife live in our block. When we moved in he was the chef at Neptuno 11 ( which is now the Halifax ) but despite quite a bit of local support , never really took off with the tourist trade. I can recall the tapas there ( like Neptuno 1 ) was pretty exceptional and the other food pretty good. At least it's not fallen into the hands of our far eastern friends !!!!!

Keep us posted !!!!

BonysLad :)

Sparky 06-01-2010 13:08

Hi Bella, i suppose Centric will be looking for a new chef. Apparently their 5year lease was up and the ex wife of the owner is going to be taking it over.

BL we used to like Neptuno dos, great tapas and much cleaner than Neptuno, i was sad when it went. But am pleased that the old Can Andreu is reopening and is serving Mallorcan fair. Although i enjoy a good chino i really think there are more than enough of them in PP.

lollipop 06-01-2010 14:52

Yes Sparky, they do appear to be opening in time for San Antoni,I saw the advert for a special menu last night. Glad its not going to stand empty.

gpm 06-01-2010 17:04

I thought the chef of Centric was Tony,s brother. Hope Tony and his son are staying.I, ll never forget wee Tony running up and down the street with a Spanish flag when Spain won the Euro football cup.

Smiddy 07-01-2010 12:26

Yep! Neptuno 2 was a good restaurant, never understood why people crowded into packed restaurants in the square yet this air-conditioned gem sat only a few feet away, virtualy empty.

BonysLad 07-01-2010 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiddy (Post 38129)
Yep! Neptuno 2 was a good restaurant, never understood why people crowded into packed restaurants in the square yet this air-conditioned gem sat only a few feet away, virtualy empty.

Smiddy,

Happy New Year !!!!!.

Yeah shame I know but I sleep much better at night knowing that all that money from the Bank of Scotland is under me bed !!!!!

BonysLad :D:D

ray 07-01-2010 21:08

Centric have a good pedigree, and I suppose even a Chinese is better than GIgis being emptyfor so long. Can andreu shut because restaurants in the area struggle to survive on mid day MDDs,even good ones, they need people dining out in the evening:)

Smiddy 08-01-2010 13:17

BL! And a Happy New Year to you and Mrs BL! Are you over next week for San Anton?

Don't want to worry you, but the empty old furniture street along the street, saw a couple of our Far Eastern friends giving it a lick of paint the other week:eek:

Sparky 08-01-2010 13:23

Smiddy, yes it is going to be Chinese run but not a restaurant. They have put loads of shelving in there now so it is going to be a shop of some sort.;)

BonysLad 08-01-2010 18:34

Smiddy,

No mate , off to Oz for six weeks . Have just booked one of the best restaurants in Perth for our 40th wedding anniversary ( two weeks Sunday ), waterside on the Swan river ( but makes PP prices look like eating in Old Ronald MacDonalds !!!!! ) , hopefully be a warm, warm evening .

Before you say it, a double murder would have been a shorter sentence,mate, but you know what an old romantic I am !!!!!

Sparky

Sounds like another Euro shop to me :(:(

BonysLad :):)

Sparky 15-01-2010 16:42

The new Chinese in Roger de Flor have done a leaflet drop today, it is called "Mishan" and will be open all year from 12:00 to 16:00 and 18:30 to 24:00.