Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 11:24
Super Moderator

Thumbs up New Years Eve celebrations in JK's and Nostalgia.

Had a brilliant time here in PP, we started the evening in JK's where they had live music, a fantastic free hot and cold buffet of prawns, salmon, cold meats, ribs, wings, chicken satay skewers, sausage rolls etc etc.
We moved on to Nostalgia at about 11pm, they had a great free, finger buffet with home made scotch eggs, quiches, prawns and much more. Just before midnight we were given little bags containing 12 grapes to be eaten with each strike of the clock and a glass of Cava. Colin as usual was playing some fab music.
We decided to go back to JK's for the UK new year, more grapes and Cava, by 2:30am we had had enough and headed home.
All in all it was a great night with a fantastic atmosphere in both bars and i would like to say a big thank you to Jane, Kevin, Marshall, Andy and Annie (JK's) and Michaela, Colin, Lee and Yolande (Nostalgia) i know how hard you all worked to make it a special evening.
There was a family who were moving from bar to bar who i thought were very disrespectful, one of the young boys walked out of JK's with one of the balloon table decorations and tied it to a car wing mirror up the road, the grandmother of the group decided it was fun to throw the grapes around the bar in Nostalgia and they knocked drinks over in both venues, didn't bother to apologise or clean up their mess . But apart from those morons everyone else was civilized and just had a good time.
Old 02-01-2010, 21:05

We saw in the New Year at trio,yes it is quite costly but a brilliant night,love to watch the locals dance. Food and drink flowed freely but have to admit to failing to stay for ensamadas and hot chocolate but mainly because we were so full. Happy New Year to everyone out there. Glad you had a good night sparky.
Old 02-01-2010, 22:42

Smile

Think it must be about time glasgow and the surrounding towns took a leaf outa PP's book !

Many Lounges/Cafes/Bars CHARGE for christmas/new year... just to get in ! Even in the outskirts of Glasgow.. £5 ticket, for Christmas eve !

Sounds like u had a great time sparky !

Miriam
Old 02-01-2010, 23:06

Miriam, it is the same here in the Southend area but much more. We paid £15 each just to go into our golf club new years eve - nothing more then entry AND we pay an annual fee plus many extras - rip off! Plus there was a premium on drinks!
I actually thought of all those recent posts stating PP was a rip off - sorry but if, what I have read about Christmas and also New Year in PP are anything to go by, then perhaps we should have a thread stating that UK is a rip off!! It 1s also great to read that the atmosphere in PP was so good too with everyone joining in. I know where I would prefer to be.
PP offered excellent (free) weather too around the Christmas period - UK that would have been an extra! lol
Old 02-01-2010, 23:08
Super Moderator

Thanks Miriam and Lollipop yes we had a really good time, it's not just Glasgow Miriam, many places in the Plymouth area charge as well.
Forgot to mention that a few of us hardy souls who ventured into JK's for a "hair of the dog" yesterday afternoon were treated to platefuls of leftovers, ideal for the post party munchies YUM.
Old 02-01-2010, 23:23

Sparky - you ARE rubbing it in! lol
Glad you had a great time and thanks again for your daily reports which I love to read.
Happy 2010 - just feel I have to meet you in 2010 and I look forward to it.
Old 03-01-2010, 00:30

sounds like you had a great new year in PP Sparky ...... like many others I too am grateful for your daily posts and also look forward to saying Hola to you next time we are in PP which is definitely at Easter but for a few days sooner if have my way.

We all refused to pay to go into any pubs or bars at home and had a great house party at a friends house ....... just a group of families but with all the children and teenagers and their boyfriends and girlfriends it was quite a number of us and we had a wonderful time
Old 03-01-2010, 00:49

Good for you CD - wish we had gone that route too! Great you had good time. Happy 2010 and lets drink to many a good time as an owner or visitor to Puerto Pollensa.

Last edited by eleanor; 03-01-2010 at 00:52.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:07
Super Moderator

Thank you for your comments Eleanor and CD i am happy to do it and am glad you enjoy reading them.
If you send me a PM before you come out we can arrange to meet up .
Old 03-01-2010, 18:24

Hi Sparky

We too enjoy your input into so many ways regarding PP. We have been owners in PP for many years and would love to met up. We are retired and come out about 4/5 times a year the next being 7 days from 25th Feb and then again 3 weeks from 21 May. We have made many friends in PP over the years and just love the place. Either send us a message to our in box or we will post again a little nearer the time.
Old 03-01-2010, 21:47

Smile New Years Eve

We are just back from a fantastic week in PP. We also spent New Year's eve in JK's and were very impressed with the outstanding free buffet and friendly atmosphere. We would like to pass on our thanks to the management and staff of JK's who made this a memorable evening for us both.

We have been coming to PP for over 20 years but this is the first time at the festive period. We enjoyed it so much we will be returning at the end of the year again to add to the other visits we have planned for 2010.
Closed Thread