Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Hostal Paris (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/5460-hostal-paris.html)

Smiddy 13-12-2009 01:00

Hostal Paris

ventured in to Hostal Paris for the first time late last night
to hear the fabulous Carol Kidd sing with along
with the band The Hustlers
great night but had to cut it short due to early morning flight home

Lorenzo 13-12-2009 12:11

Hostal Paris

Yes Hostal Paris is a good place to meet for a drink throughout the year - and The Hustlers - well they are just fantastic! They deserve every success!

Smiddy 13-12-2009 19:24

Lorenzo, Don't know if they had backed Carol Kidd before but they did a very good job, Carol is not just any old singer, a big name, has played on the same bill as some guy called Sinatra. Nice of her to give a free gig in PP, that's the beauty of PP , you never know what your going to get.

BonysLad 13-12-2009 21:33

Smiddy,

You kiddin ?? Carol is a great singer ( and from Glasgow !!! ). Married a trombonist I believe ?? . What she doing in PP ??? She certainly warmed up for "Old Blue Eyes " when he appeared only once in Glasgow . Is she living there ???

BonysLad :):)

Sparky 14-12-2009 02:26

She was in Nostalgia having a drink on Saturday night and said she is coming back to PP in Jan or Feb.
Will you still be in Oz BL ?;)

BonysLad 14-12-2009 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 37706)
She was in Nostalgia having a drink on Saturday night and said she is coming back to PP in Jan or Feb.
Will you still be in Oz BL ?;)

Sparky, Yes but I'd love to know if she is living in Mallorca now ??

Going through my CD collection as we speak ( 100's but as you would imagine, being me, they are completely randomly stored !!!! ) Am sure I have a couple of her old CDs somewhere . If you get the chance get your friends at Nostalgia to offer her a slot. If Colin can get the right backingtapes she'd be a wow. If you see her again tell her there's a " horn player" after her !!!

Thanks again and Merry Crimble !!!

BonysLad :D:D

Smiddy 14-12-2009 17:26

BL, i think she has stayed around the PP area for a while, but is moving to a flat across from El Pozo as she needs the internet connections for gigs etc. You'd have loved it BL, she even brought a tear to Parkies eye during the recent tribute to Johhnie Mercer gig in Glasgow.

Here's hoping it won't be her last gig in PP, somehow i don't think so!

BonysLad 14-12-2009 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiddy (Post 37718)
BL, i think she has stayed around the PP area for a while, but is moving to a flat across from El Pozo as she needs the internet connections for gigs etc. You'd have loved it BL, she even brought a tear to Parkies eye during the recent tribute to Johhnie Mercer gig in Glasgow.

Here's hoping it won't be her last gig in PP, somehow i don't think so!

Smiddy,

Blimey , just a few yards from me, eh ?? Bet when she hears me practising she'll probably upsticks to Alcudia !!! :D:D

Seriously though, great news

BonysLad :)