Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 18:07

Default Tribeka May 2010

We were in PP two weeks ago and had a couple of great meals at Tribeca's.
It has always been a favourite of ours and after this visit, still is!
The interior has been altered a little since we were last there and now has a feeling of much more space and is lighter and brighter.
Superb value, with all starters 5 euros, all mains 10 euros and all deserts 5 euros! The quality of food is excellent with a nice choice on the menu and good wines to go with. It was busy both times and this made for a good atmosphere - I would advise that you book so as not to be dissapointed!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2010, 21:03

Good to know another reasonably priced place to eat, but with a good atmosphere. Can't wait to try it! (10 sleeps to go!).

Thanks snowy!

Janey
Old 13-06-2010, 16:51

Was in P.P. last week, was also in 'Tribeca' last week.
Can only concur with Snowy's report. Excellent meal, excellent service, definately worth a trip down Formentor Road. One of the best meals of the Hol. Don't expect quantity, but do expect quality. In my humble opinion 'good value for money'.
Old 22-06-2010, 08:10

Hi All
i so glad that Tribeca is still open, it has been a favourite of ours for a couple of years now .

back in P.P in september , does anyone know if Tribeca still run by Maureen and her partner ??
Old 22-06-2010, 11:17

Please note SNOWY is not me shame got two names nealy the same.
Old 22-06-2010, 11:34

Tribeca is still run by Adam and Julie. They have had it for 10 years now and it is still open (hasn't closed). Maureen and Kenny worked there 2 seasons ago
Old 22-06-2010, 15:51

thanks for the info on tribeca, will def check it out when we get there in september !
Old 23-06-2010, 00:10

Tribeca has always been our favourite. Julie and Adam seem to freshen up the decor on a regular basis and I agree the latest layout gives a more spacious feeling. Excellent food, very tasty and beautifully presented, friendly and efficient service, and in my opinion great value for money. They could give other restaurants a lesson in how to keep the food and service spot on even when they are really busy. They work really hard and deserve to do well (no I'm not related - just a big fan!)
Old 27-06-2010, 11:48

I am sorry to say that my son and I tried Tribeca last week as a result of reading the reviews on here.

The experience left me feeling very upset and bitter.

We arrived at about 9 p.m. and although we had not booked and there were a couple of tables free we were left standing by the door for a while without beeing acknowledged. (We were properly attired!)

Anyway all was fine when we were seated, browsed the menu, ordered some drinks (fairly poor wine list I have to say - not enough Mallorcan wines and not enough by the glass) and ordered food which on the menu looked promising.

Starters came and were a little disappointing - only just worth 5 euros we thought.

We then sat there for what seemed like ages waiting for our main courses - bear in mind that we are two hungry males who had been working on the apartment during the day and needed sustenance!

I politely asked the waitress (blonde haired lady about 40ish) if our main courses would be long? Immediately she took a very aggressive attitude and stated that they always leave 20 minutes between starter and main course and that she could tell me exactly what time we ordered our food! CRICKEY - I only asked! "Calm down dear" I said

She than left and returned stating " your main course will be one minute - SIR!!" Oooo we thought and tucked into our main courses which again were only just worth 10 Euros.

When we had finished I asked for the bill which was bought to the table by a young lad who I beleive was German. The saucer was launched at the table from about 2 feet behind my left shoulder - taken by surprise I said to my son "was it something I said?" At this point the young lad rushed hostilely over to the table demanding to know what was wrong and that he could show me the exact time that we had ordered and been served.

We did not leave a tip!! We will never return!!
Old 27-06-2010, 19:20

Blimey! Not a good experience then! That reminds me of the old days in mainland Spain, feeling like a piece of tourist meat.
Old 27-06-2010, 22:35

Totally agree with your review Gommar Goffer, we'd been to Tribecca before and had minor grumbles (like no air con despite note to contrary on door) but last year was the pits and we were treated abyssmally for no obvious reason, it seems to be a hit or a miss for sure but we won't be going again
Old 27-06-2010, 22:38

Nice to know it not just me!
Old 28-06-2010, 13:19

We tried Tribeca not last year the year before - the night we went, there was a thin lady outside sweeping up (think she was scottish) who when we asked for a table quickly told us we would have to book and and come back later, even though it was quite early and the restaurant was empty. Anyway I remember the food being ok, nothing special but we thought the atmosphere was very stuffy and we didn't find this lady particularly child friendly which is unusual for PP. Maybe we just got a bad night - but its not somewhere I would put on my must go list!!
Old 28-06-2010, 15:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
Nice to know it not just me!
Quite agree with you. We had never been in this place, but called in when we were in PP in mid-May.

Things were still very quiet then, and almost nobody was about. It was certainly too cold to eat outside, so we gave it a try. There were maybe three other couples in the restaurant, and when we walked in, there was a table remaining by the window.

We sat there and the female owner? (British - Approx 40ish?, cannot really remember) tutted really loudly, and made her annoyance clear.

Sadly, only my wife saw her do this, and kept quiet about it until we had left the restaurant, as she knows that I would have simply told her where to go, and walked out.

On a positive note, the food was good, with a simple 5/10 Euros pricing structure, making it comparable with many of the circa Euro 13/15 MDD's available elsewhere.

Oddly, the beer that I was served with was tiny, in the smallest bottle possible, making it seem that I had to order them constantly to get any degree of liquid!

I tried to be friendly with the lady, but she clearly didn't want to know.

We will certainly never go back there.

The area has so many great restaurants, with staff who will do the very best for you, even when they are really busy. Why-on-earth would you choose to support one with such a dreadful attitute to their customers?
Old 28-06-2010, 19:45

Goodness me this forum really is an excellent source of info, one of the highlights of PP is the food for us, we work bloody hard all year to enjoy this aspect ,so for us a family of four it is a really big deal both financially & pleasure wise to receive poor food or service.By reading your comments helps us to not make so many blunders , so a big thanks to you all.