Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-10-2008, 17:30

Default Can Ferra

Came across a website for this place.

A favourite of many visitors to PP.

Bodega Can Ferra
Sponsored Links
Old 22-10-2008, 18:41

In 10 years of living in PP I've never actually eaten here - which is shameful really as the owners are friends of ours and their little boy is one of my son's best friends!! I'm pleased to hear that visitors rate their restaurant highly though, and I can see we'll have to make the effort to visit next year!!
Old 23-10-2008, 14:46

Default Ca'n Ferra

One of our favourites without a doubt. We always eat there a couple of times a week when in PP. Its not pretentious and serves excellant food including local dishes at very reasonable prices. Its usually busy even in winter and the atmosphere is good. We'll be there sometime next week for sure as we arrive Wednesday. Can't wait!
Old 23-10-2008, 21:59

We had lunch at C'an Ferra a couple of times in September and were pleasantly surprised by the value and service.

To be honest, it's one of those places where I'd certainly want to sit inside, rather than on the narrow pavement with the world and his dog and associated pushchairs constantly banging into the back of my seat!

Grumpy old man!
Old 24-10-2008, 11:13

Disorderly - surely the hustle and bustle of outdoor life in the port is part of the attraction - people watching and all that!

We always go the C'an Ferrar - or Martin's as it is otherwise known - great value and Toni and Gillem? the two brothers who run it are always so happy to see you. It really is a familly affair with mum and the wives cooking and dad overseeing things!

If you have a special occassion to celebrate try their special lamb meal. You need to order the day before and then just turn up at the time you booked for. Tapas to start then the lamb meal carved at the table and then usually fresh fruit to finish. Was about 18 euros a head. The lamb is to die for!!
Old 24-10-2008, 13:14

A great recommendation that we will take up on our next trip.

Please don't misunderstand me, I too enjoy the hustle and bustle of people watching, I'd just prefer to be a little more removed from the immediate action, if you see what I mean!
Old 31-10-2008, 12:15

Smile Best paella

We always order the House paella which is so good!We love thae atmosphere and the ambiance of the place!
We ate there twice this October and twice in June and loved the meals!
Try the homemade deserts!
Old 31-10-2008, 22:06

Default Little People

Had the house Paella twice over the last couple of weeks ........... fantastic on both occasions
Old 02-11-2008, 18:49

A million thank you`s Portofan. We just love C`an Ferra, especially our 6 year old son who was beside himself with excitement when I showed him your link, and couldn`t undrestand why we were not just hopping on the plane for dinner. " But mum it`s not THAT far". We were elsewhere this halloween so will have to wait until Easter to sample the bream again, but your link will keep me going thanks, TT
Old 08-11-2009, 16:17

Default C'an Ferra - bit disappointing

I really don't like to post this review ......... and I truly hope it was a one off

We took friends of ours to C'an Ferra last week ....... they were new to PP

We have been fans of C'an Ferra for over 15 years and have never been disappointed

Let me first say .......... we had House Paella and it was fantastic as usual. Daughter had Meatballs and Chips and that too was lovelly

One of our friends had chicken which came raw in the middle and had to be sent back .......... which Tony dealt with wonderfully

It was only after we left that my Dad mentioned that his fish had been cold in the inside ( he had ordered battered hake ...... but fish being cooked but cold on the inside suggests reheating which is not a good idea with fish at anytiem and certainlynot what you want to serve to an 80 year old ) and our other friend mentioned that although his meat ( can;t remember what he had ) was fine all of his vegetables, including the chips had arrived luke warm. To top this we also found out that the "returned" cicken came back with the same veg which was by then cold.

I was so upset they'd waited until we left to say something. If I had known, I would have mentioned it because I am sure it was a one off.

I was quite upset because it is one of the places I ALWAYS take new people

Has anyone else experienced any drop in quality ? Are they having any problems ?

What I am really hoping is that loads of you tell me you have eaten there recently and it was great so that I won't be afraid of taking friends there again
Old 08-11-2009, 22:14

Hi CD,

I agree you must have hit Can Ferra on an off day, we have been eating here for many many years and have not been disappointed. Ranging from grilled fish to the special lamb they get my vote. Will be back again on our next visit.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:04

We have also been eating here for many years and never had a problem.So sorry to hear that you had this happen.The food here has been consistantly good for all of our visits and we always look forward to our visits here.We can only think that somehow the kitchen staff had a communication breakdown with your table.Hopefully very much a one off.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:42

Must have been just one of those nights. We have eaten there many many times ( including twice in the last month)and can't remember being disappointed. Tony is such a good host that I'm sure he would have sorted it out if he'd known. Perhaps they were having problems in the kitchen with staff sickness etc but I'm sure it would have been a one-off. Its certainly one of the most popular restuarants in PP with both holiday makers and locals alike.
Old 09-11-2009, 23:34

Golfaholics ........... agree with every word you have said and am so pleased you have had meals of their normal standard recently. As I said, if my friends /family had said something when we were there I KNOW it would have been sorted out

I know how great the place has been over the years ........... what I needed to hear ( thank you ) is that people have had the usual great service very recently ............ then I can just put last week's experience down to an off night and look forward to my return in the New Year
Old 10-11-2009, 01:06

Talking

My first visit to this restaurant was on my first virst to PP( I think about 20 years ago) and I loved it. And have returned as often as I can drag my OH ( the steak n chips man).
On a slightly funnier note, last nov we too, took a new PP visitor to Can Ferra. Food was absolutely great, no prob there. But the service... really disjointed. Now I don't know the names of the owners... but the wee guy, that I presume is one of the owners, was serving, taking orders... then he wasnt... then he was... then he wasnt. There was a lady around the bar area... maybe his wife ?... growling, dishing out daggers in his direction !
Eventually we sussed...he had a card school going at the table at the very back of the restaurant... and service was being interupted every time it was his turn !
Took absolutely nothing away from the evening at all, if anything just enhanced it.... as everyone -APART FROM THE WEE GUY- was totally aware of the scene being played out before us !

Miriam