Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 20:15

Default Autumn Leaves

Pollenca Town quieter today than most Sundays, it being All Saints Day, and a lot of folk taking flowers to the local cemeteries. So I find myself enjoying a quiet beer at the foot of the Calvari whilst BLT roams the few stalls open for business. Lovely, lovely Autumn day here with the warm sun on my face and one or two leaves just fluttering down around me. Shirtsleeve order but comfortable enough to sit in the full glare of the sun.

Don't reckon there'll be too many days left for al fresco dining so grabbed a table at La Pasada d'Ariant, in the corner of the Square and settled down to a leisurely lunch.

MDD at 18 euros ( drinks extra ) which looked good and so it proved. Squid rings with salad to start , entrecote beef in pepper sauce and completed with sweet yogurt with summer berries. Must have been quite a perfect day cos BLT , and I , agreed on most things today, including our dining choices where we both had the same.

Most tables taken outside , mainly with three generations of families, Mum & Dad , kiddies plus Grandfolk. Really rate this restaurant , think the food is of the highest order and difficult to fault in anyway. Service attentive and friendly , washed all down with a good bottle of Macia Battle . Most enjoyable way of passing a couple of hours and we watched as the remnants of the market were cleared away.

Nothing rushed, sun shone nicely , a perfect scene and example that you see of al fresco dining on the continent on the telly or in ads. watched by a couple of cats and the odd leaf fluttered down past our happy selves.

Magic

BonysLad

Postcript,

was magic til my boiler blew a fuse tonight. Could be out tomorrow gathering leaves to heat hot water !!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2009, 20:35

Sounds idyllic, BL. Wish the weather had been the same here in the UK...
Old 02-11-2009, 00:12

BL Not Pat
Old 02-11-2009, 11:04

Snowy,

No mate. When you is a "god " you can swap em abaht a bit !!!!!

( Pat spent the whole day on her knees praying for the souls of Halloween celebrants !!!!! ).

Take care mi amigo

BonysLad
Old 04-11-2009, 12:42

Went to La Pasada when I was over in mid October. We were the only people there on a very quiet Sunday evening in the old town. Very good food, our main course of lamb cooked in honey and (I think) rosemary was especially good. We were well looked after by an extremely friendly Columbian waitress. I would recommend this place.
Old 04-11-2009, 18:19
Banned

"Lovely, lovely Autumn day here with the warm sun on my face and one or two leaves just fluttering down around me. Shirtsleeve order but comfortable enough to sit in the full glare of the sun.

Don't reckon there'll be too many days left for al fresco dining so grabbed a table at La Pasada d'Ariant, in the corner of the Square and settled down to a leisurely lunch."

Blimey...........you really know how to rub it in and make people jealous !!!!!!!!!!!

I'll carry on working and keep Britain running until my next visit in December !!!!!!!!