Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Ca'n Cuarassa (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/5301-can-cuarassa.html)

Olivers Army 12-10-2009 15:07

Ca'n Cuarassa

Just thought I should pop something down to praise this wonderful restaurant yet again!

Went there last Thursday evening & settled on the excellent value M.D.D for 29 Euros...

However due to a translation error, the veal turned out to be veal liver! Cue 3 of us delicately spitting out our meat and wondering what to do. I quietly approached the M'd and the response was absolutely stunning - not only did he apologise, but we were also told to choose absolutely anything off the menu to replace the main!

Fantastic service, fantastic food - easily our favourite restaurant in the PP area.

Well done yet again!

BonysLad 12-10-2009 16:59

Glad to hear this restaurant is up to it's usual high standards.

Hannah,

This is definitely a must for you cos you can park right outside , and if you're early enough an aperitif viewing the light going over the bay on a good night.

BonysLad ::):)

ray 12-10-2009 20:07

it's the same people as Stay, and haven't had a bad meal at either

Grandad 13-10-2009 15:15

Ca'n Carusa which is the sister to Stay is excellent value if you have the menu of the day. When y0u consider all the courses and the drinks and coffee is included for about 30 euro it is cheap compared with other restaurants. I ofton go there in the winter months and their New Years eve party is also excellent value.

Belladonna 18-10-2009 19:01

That has been a really good couple of posts for me. I never realised they were connected as they have such a different way of cooking and presentation. Also, have never used them as a MDD restaurant, as CC has always been one of the "special" evening restaurants for us. Will now obviously give them a try on this for our winter visits.

its cd 18-10-2009 21:37

C'an C ; Stay or La Llonja

A Question

If you intended visiting just 1 of the 3 above and you were planning on the MDD which one would it be

This is a real question for when we come over first week in Nov

My instinct is Stay .............. but I think that is more about sticking with what I know .............. have never eaten al La Llonja and have eaten just a couple of times at C'an c but only a la carte

Belladonna 19-10-2009 11:14

Out of these 3 I am going to go forCC as I love the place anyway for its atmosphere and location, and I havent tried the MDD before so it seems like a very safe bet!
LL and Stay are pretty equal in their way of dining and location - although Stay does seem to have the edge, but different type of ambience from CC.

pescador2009 19-10-2009 20:54

I ate at both Stay and La Llonja in June this year. I preferred La Llonja but Stay may be nicer in Autumn/Winter. My (our) visit to Stay was spoiled by 'the view'. Most outside tables looked directly on the the moored Formentor cruise/ferry boats which totally blocked the southerly view of the bay towards Alcudia. At La Llonja we had a wonderful view of the bay and the mountains from the first floor. If dining inside (most probable for Winter) they both differ. I would say that Stay was more modern/swish - some may say a little 'flash', whereas La Llonja is somewhat more traditional. At the end of the day they both serve excellent food and both provide excellent service. The choice is yours.....

Belladonna 19-10-2009 21:48

I have to agree with you there about the view being spoiled at Stay. We only go there at lunch times to take in the view and when its ruined like that it spoils the whole thing doesnt it?! Only noticed it this year, but must admit we dont usually visit high season so I suppose its like it all season long at some point during the day.