Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   restaurants where you can park very close (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/5295-restaurants-where-you-can-park-very-close.html)

Hannah70 10-10-2009 16:05

restaurants where you can park very close

Hello All

We are coming to PP next week and bringing my elderly Dad with us. We thought it would be a lovely idea because he used to really enjoy his holidays in PP with Mum but since she died he hasn't gone anywhere or done anything. Anyway, it seemed like a good idea at the time but now I'm actually starting to think about the logistics of it all and am starting to panic. We are staying in a lovely villa in La Font and although I will do quite a bit of cooking, it would be nice to take Dad out for a meal at least once a day. Dad walks with a stick and is a bit lazy! The restaurants have to be easily accessible, cosy and friendly - good food would be a bonus too!!

Here is my list so far, along with my reasons for choosing each. I would love it if anyone could add their thoughts to my list.

C'an Joseps - should be able to park closeby. Josep makes us feel like a family friend whenever we see him.
Loz Zarzoles - good food, nice surroundings - should be easy to park nearby
Various restaurants on the square - parking should be Ok round the back somewhere
L'Aup - easy to park right outside, never been though
Tangos - the new location makes parking and access a real winner
Coral - should be easy to park at that end of town and Dad likes it
Pepe's in Cala St Vicente - easy parking, good, honest food and VERY friendly

Would like to take him to the Brisas and Hostal Bahia or maybe the Sis Pins. We never managed to find a parking space in the carpark by the marina in the Summer. Is it always packed or do you think October should be ok for parking.

Does anyone have any other relaxed, friendly, easy accessible restaurants that they could think of. Dad likes every kind of food except curries.

We really want to take him to La Vitoria too but not sure if we'll manage to persuade him to walk up the few steps to the top!

Also, when we usually go to Pollensa we park in a sort of dirt track type carpark right on the edge of town close to the main road but that's too far for Dad. Any ideas where is a better/closer place to park for Pollensa old town.

I'd better stop asking questions now. This is such a great site.
Thanking you all in advance.
Hannah

snowy2007 10-10-2009 18:07

You could try O'Lume drop him off then park if there are no spaces outside. Jamie will treat him like a King.

El Posito is also very good and very Spanish and friendly

Jimbo the Jambo 10-10-2009 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowy2007 (Post 36101)
You could try O'Lume drop him off then park if there are no spaces outside. Jamie will treat him like a King.

El Posito is also very good and very Spanish and friendly

Good advice Snowy, freinds of ours are going out on Sunday and O'Lume is top of the list I gave them for eating out.

cheers,

jimbo

whaleywanderer 11-10-2009 10:42

I always find Trio never disappoints and you can park right outside. Good inclusive menu at approx €16. Excellent quality food with friendly service.

Hannah70 11-10-2009 14:10

thanks so much for those replies
I had forgotten about O'Lume - i have always wanted to try it, taking Dad would be the perfect excuse.
El posito looks good too - possibly a really good authentic experience.
Trios - I've never been there either but the parking couldn't be better and if you say the food it good too then that's perfect.

thank you to everyone - this is a great site and everyone is so helpful and wise. It's great to be able to share such a huge knowledgebase.

my next task is to find somewhere busy and friendly and authentic for a special (special as in experience not pricey) Sunday family lunch with Dad. Any ideas?

ray 11-10-2009 14:45

for easy parking and excellent food, try can curassa or either of the llenaire restaurants- easy parking outside can josep surely some mistake!!Enjoy your holiday wherever you go

PeRu 12-10-2009 00:29

Tango is always great value - and one of the loveliest locations in or near the Port.
El Ancla is great both evenings and daytimes.
Ikebana is great value, and a very pleasant location at any time of the day.
Galeon is great too.
All of these have ample parking very close by.
Hope this is of some help.

PeRu

snowy2007 12-10-2009 08:04

Hannah why not get a Taxi into old town Market day Sunday loads of people lots of life and have lunch in the square come on people who knows best food on the square in old town thers'e always El Temple just a little walk away.

debz1 12-10-2009 12:26

Good idea snowy:)

Get the taxi to drop you off at the rank and you just have to walk a few steps to the square. Can highly recommend Il Giardino! Go on Sunday for lunch, or buy some pastries from their patisserie round the corner and take to the restaurant to eat with a coffee.What a great why to spend an hour or so reading the Sunday papers and people watching. Even spotted old BonysLad and despite desparately trying to hide he clocked us :D

BonysLad 12-10-2009 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by debz1 (Post 36133)
Good idea snowy:)

Get the taxi to drop you off at the rank and you just have to walk a few steps to the square. Can highly recommend Il Giardino! Go on Sunday for lunch, or buy some pastries from their patisserie round the corner and take to the restaurant to eat with a coffee.What a great why to spend an hour or so reading the Sunday papers and people watching. Even spotted old BonysLad and despite desparately trying to hide he clocked us :D

Debs,

Errrrrrr,

I think you meant young BonysLad :D:

Can't believe what practices you were reading about in the " News of the World " !!!! Image totally shattered in my mind now, can't wait to tell Snowy !!!

BonysLad :D