Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 17:19
Founder

Default Taberna del Temple - closed day etc.?

Hi all,

we're thinking of having another break at the end of this month & would like to try the Taberna del Temple (after all the great comments). As it involves an evening venture into the old town, can anyone tell me if they have a closed day & if/when they are likely to be closing for the winter?

Also is there a difference between the lunch & evening dishes? Any set menu? etc. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2009, 19:41

Last year when we wanted to eat at El Temple it was closed on Thursday. It may well be different this year but last year we went on Saturday and booked the meal the evening before (they were open!)

Hope this helps!

Jane
Old 05-10-2009, 19:57

Their web page for you, doesn't seem to be an English translation, but it has their email address, hope this help, great web page BTW

Contacto : GALLARDO IMBELLONI SL - 07460 POLLENĮA
Old 06-10-2009, 08:56

Is it me or does the interior of the restaurant shown on the website look completely different from the real one?
Old 06-10-2009, 09:00

I dont know mate, thats one I haven't been inside, I did think it looked very swish, its defiantly in Pollensa, I must be the one?
Old 06-10-2009, 09:06

Thats not the same Temple we were in a couple of weeks ago. We were in the one opposite Cantonet which I thought was the only one.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:29

The one on the website is definitely not the one we went to in April... surely there can't be two restaurants in Pollensa with the same (or very similar) names? To be honest I also didn't think that the address given on the website sounded familiar either but I could well be wrong. Can anyone elucidate?
Old 06-10-2009, 09:32

Having just looked again at the website I notice that their menu is 'under construction' - the pictures of the food also didn't seem to resemble the sort of food we ate earlier in the year... the plot thickens!
Old 06-10-2009, 09:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate1 View Post
Having just looked again at the website I notice that their menu is 'under construction' - the pictures of the food also didn't seem to resemble the sort of food we ate earlier in the year... the plot thickens!
Agree!! It does seem very strange!
Old 06-10-2009, 09:43

If its el Temple we are talking about that cant be the right web page, its a small place isn't it with a terrace out the back.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:45

We ate at el Temple last Friday. Even after a few g and ts doesn't look anything like. The place we ate at very rustic, just up the hill from Font Del Gall.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:55
Founder

Thanks for the replies! My guess is that it is a 'template' website that is under construction & still has some standard images showing.

I think that the address is right.

If it's closed on a Thu that's OK as we are thinking of going out Fri-Wed. Can anyone else comment on the food, menu etc. as it seems that plenty of you have visited...
Old 06-10-2009, 10:24

Many thanks for sorting this out Pollensa - it was all getting a bit spooky there for a minute!

When we went in April it was a weekday lunchtime. A few locals came in for aperitifs but we were the only diners. Don't think he was really expecting any because most of the dishes weren't available, but he rustled up two gorgeous steaks for us. Can't remember what the children had - possibly chicken escalopes, again very good. In the evening (and possibly lunchtimes in season) he offers a very good range of tapas and the rest of the menu is quite traditional. It's probably more of an evening destination simply because it looks so beautiful then - lots of candles in this atmospheric old stone building. We didn't use the garden because it was raining but I have been told it is equally lovely. I was impressed by the quality of the food and the genuinely friendly and caring service; he couldn't have made us feel more welcome. A good wine list too. I will definitely be visiting again in October - now Ca'n Costa is, alas, no more Taverna del Temple is probably the Pollensa restaurant we would go to for our 'grown-ups' night out'.
Old 06-10-2009, 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensa View Post
Thanks for the replies! My guess is that it is a 'template' website that is under construction & still has some standard images showing.

I think that the address is right.

If it's closed on a Thu that's OK as we are thinking of going out Fri-Wed. Can anyone else comment on the food, menu etc. as it seems that plenty of you have visited...

Thatīs very misleading to have a template website showing a restaurant that is completely different from the real thing!! We love El Temple , didnīt even know it was there until our daughter introduced us to it when she was working in Can Costa 3 years ago, but it is certainly a no frills place just a cosy little taverna serving great food!

pollensa, when we go we normally order a selection of tapas to start... listed on the menu as raciones. The owner will guide you as to how much to order and you can get half raciones as well! For mains I love the pork in a honey and curry sauce but he has specials every day and there is always a great choice.

Enjoy

Last edited by debz1; 07-10-2009 at 12:44. Reason: typo
Old 06-10-2009, 15:39

Although the photograph on the website is not how I remember El Temple from our visits in 2007 and 2008 I have the business card of La Taberna del Temple and the address , telephone number and email address match up with those on the website.
El Temple is one of our favourites because of the quality of the local food, the rustic charm and the very friendly service.
Like Debz1 one of our family favourites is the pork in a honey and mild curry sauce.
Bon appetit