Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-09-2009, 12:22

Default Best MDD for Family of 5

Hi Guys

We are really looking forward to heading to PP a week on Saturday (heres hoping the weather has improved!).
We were last there 3 years ago when the pound was at the dizzy heights of 1.5 Euro.

Has anyone one got any suggestion for some good family restaurants around PP or Pollensa town (or slightly further afield as we have a car) that have good value set menus? There are 5 of us (2A and 3 under 11s) so budget is tighter!!

Thanks in advance for your replies!!

Last edited by stairpark; 29-09-2009 at 13:29.
Sponsored Links
Old 29-09-2009, 14:01

Pepes opposite the Flora do starter,main and desert plus a drink for 8.50 euros before 9.30 in the evening - not "posh nosh" but big portions and great value if you have the nippers in tow, I think that it is even cheaper for the kids!
Old 29-09-2009, 15:08

Yes, I would agree re Pepes. Our children are 13 and 7 and they love Pepes - it is a very laid back atmosphere which our children like

Last edited by Calle De Pescador; 29-09-2009 at 21:18.
Old 29-09-2009, 15:25

we loved Trio not far from the square about 5 mins walk i think. cant remember price but great value
Old 29-09-2009, 16:00
Super Moderator

Hi Stairpark and welcome to PP.com, there are a lot of people who have taken time to write reviews on this section. Please scroll through the different posts and you will find all the info you want.
Old 29-09-2009, 16:20

Default best MDD

Stairpark, Don't know if you or the kids like Chinese food, if so i would recommend the Serenity Coast, just to the left of the church they do MDD,s at 8 and 10 E, you'll get very good food and the restaurant itself is top-class. You'll feel as if you're in a very expensive restaurant but obviously it,s not.
Old 29-09-2009, 17:24

A big thanks to those who have taken the time to give suggestions, its greatly appreciated. I am new to this forum but it looks great! Think I may become addicted!!
Old 29-09-2009, 18:55

Trio and Tango .... both 16euros plus tax each for 3 courses plus wine/beer/soft drinks and if the kids can't eat a full 3 courses they can order from the kids menu or probably better choice and value from ordering a starter portion of pasta as a main

C'an Ferra - not a set meal but you will eat for around 15euros a head easily and the food is great

We found a place called El Brio in the old town ......... 14 euros for a set meal with drink ......... think you needed to order before 8.30pm but with 3 under 11's I wouldn't think that would be too much of a problem

Little Italy - providing you are careful .......... the Pizza's are really great and really big .......... if you steer away from the speciality ones you will pay about 8euros each and they will easily do for 2 children .......... just avoid the starters and puds as they can bump up the price ........ have a pizza , admire the great view and then walk back to the centre and get an ice cream each from the Helados hut for your desert
Old 08-04-2010, 22:32

Just come back from a week over Easter and as some of our party of 6 were on a tight budget we made full use of the MDD option so thought I'd update this thread.

Trio and Tango were reliable as always ....... with tax the MDD is about 17euros and that is for starter; main; desert; half a bottle of Faustino or a beer (or a soft drink if you must!) bread, olives and alioli and complimentary liqueur but probably that was based upon the sheer number of meals we've had in here over the years

We had mains (bigger shoulder of lamb than you can sensibly eat); desert. Bottle of wine and 4 soft drinks in Bar Coral for just under 20euros a head and also got complimentary schnapps

We had the special Easter MDD in C'an Josep ( went there after forum recommendations and weren’t disappointed ) again starters ( Cod and Vegetable crepes ; ravioli or soup ) mains ( Lamb ; cod baked with veg and something else I can't remember ) and a selection of deserts, bread olives alioli, water and 2 bottles of wine and I am pretty sure they would have opened a third had there been anyone else drinking it with me ( joke ) then a complimentary schnapps Cost was 19.75 Euros each and is normally 14.50 when not Easter for similar

And then the revelation of the week........... the 12.50euro menu of the day at Maxims ......... before I discuss the food, I must say I have slated Maxims in the past, not because of the quality of food but because the service has been surely and just too fast and leaves you feeling like you are on a conveyor belt and they just can’t wait to get you out of the place..... not last week ( there again only half full ) .......... we had 3 courses, a glass of wine or beer or soft and bread and olives ( I think we may have paid an extra euro each for this - can't remember ) ...... Starters were soup; serrano parmesan and date salad or something else. Mains were fish; pork in pepper sauce or chicken in mushroom sauce and deserts were tiramasu or creme caramel but they obliged some of our party with ice cream as a substitute

So basically ....... we ate really well for an average of less than 20euros per head ( with exception of a few occasions where one or other of us went "off piste" .... but that was from desire to choose something else rather than dislike of what could have been chosen as part of the mdd )

By the way , I do know we could eat for even less if we wanted to and I also know we could get great mdd's at lunch but we didn't want that and although we didn't want to spend loads each evening , we didn't really want to compromise either ..... we wern't actively looking to "do it on the cheap" we were just mindful of everyones budget