Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   a challenge to all you pollensa experts (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/5222-challenge-all-you-pollensa-experts.html)

tombadino 18-09-2009 15:54

a challenge to all you pollensa experts

Hi
We are about to embark on yet another holiday in Pollensa. Three weeks of bliss we hope! The pint of this thread is that we always eat up in the old town usually in the square and this visit we have promised to eat further afield , possibly in the port, old town ,csv we dont mind but what we are looking for is good if not great food. We like to eat a variety of traditional mayorcan fare as well as stuff aimed at tourists ( we are not stuffy and realise Majorca is a holiday Island) We challenge all of you to give us the name of the place you would choose to eat your last meal ever on the island.We promise to choose six and report back on here with the verdicts! Not looking for cheap , expensive, style , etc just your honest opinion on the number one best place to eat. No second choices just the best place ! We travel on Saturday so there is just a few hours left ot note down the places to go to. Just a bit of fun and hope yur up for it.
Regards Steve Ps Directions would be good!

PP76 18-09-2009 16:09

We would go to Can Pacienci, on the road between the Port and Pollensa.
We have been going here for the last 33 years and it has always been excellent.:)

PP76

Sparky 18-09-2009 16:11

I have 2 favourites and will not choose between them, they are El Posito and O'Lume and the directions are clearly posted on the Sticky at the beginning of this section.:D

tombadino 18-09-2009 16:14

Thanks guys
Directions for Can paienci?
Thanks again

sws97sdg 18-09-2009 16:16

I am not an expert, just been going for a while, I couldn't choose, so for the port for food and service it would have to be Tiberi, and in the town La Font Del Gall purely for the great food that I haven't found anywhere else, good luck in deciding where to go, directions as sparky m8 says in the sticky

graham 18-09-2009 16:17

Challenge

Mine would be Las Zarzales suckling pig

kate1 18-09-2009 16:27

La Llonja - especially on a sunny day, though it's lovely during the evening too. It's at the Marina in the port - in front of the yacht club. Have an aperitif there first - sitting outside by the pool - if it's warm enough!

Kezza66 18-09-2009 16:28

Taberna del Temple - Pollenca Town - typically Mallorcan with excellent friendly service

Quelys 18-09-2009 16:52

La Parra for the Suckling Pig (on Juan XXIII just before the traffic lights)

PP76 18-09-2009 18:04

Directions for Can paienci?

Tombadino,

You will need to drive or take a Taxi, Can Pacienci is on the right hand side of the main road between the Port and Pollensa. It is between the turn off for CSV and the first roundabout for Pollensa. Hope this helps.
Have a great time, I'm sure you will enjoy your meals at any of the restaurants you select.

PP76

carolyn 18-09-2009 18:47

El Posito for me. Great menu del dia and seafood excellent. If you want something specific ask Toni or Chris and Im sure they will accomodate!

Gommar Goffer 18-09-2009 19:14

Oh I do lament the fall from grace of The Ivy Garden, for that is where we would have gone without a doubt.

So instead it would now probably be off to C'an Ferrar for their lamb special meal. Unpretentious, good value and good quality and really blow the budget on some super Mallorcan wines. :D

GG

Hunter 18-09-2009 19:17

La Terrassa at Alcanada

Directions........go to Alcudia and follow the signs to Alcanada It is a small place. You wont get lost.If you do ask someone or take a taxi from Pollensa.

There is a restaurant and a cafe/restaurant. The cafe is cheaper and the food is great. Get a table for lunch with two seats with a view of Alcudia bay. It doesnt get much better.A great way to spend a long leisurely lunch/afternoon.

snowy2007 18-09-2009 20:14

Got to be O'Lume and El Poisto

Belladonna 18-09-2009 23:20

Bogavante! At the top end of Alcudia Marina. Lovely restaurant, I suppose you would put it down as modern Mallorcan . Lovely food, good choice of wines and excellent service.