Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-09-2009, 06:14

Default Eating Out 16-30 August

Sunday - we were tired from the early start so decided on Hibiscus. 3 course with glass of wine (as there were 3 of us having wine we were given a bottle) for €16, cant remember what the others had but I had chicken croquettes, chicken in pepper sauce with chips and vegetable and ice cream, all very nice, everyone was pleased with their meal, quick service, nice friendly waiter and waitress. When we arrived at 8pm the restaurant was empty but after having sat down the restaurant started filling up.

Monday - niece's birthday so went to Nicos, not been there since it moved to the Square. Love the pina coladas and they didnt disappoint. Shared starter which I think included chicken wings, onion rings, deep fried cheese and mozerella sticks. Hamburgers for most of us about €25 a head I think. Only trouble we found the chairs very uncomfortable.

Tuesday - Pascalino. Really like this restaurant, food lovely and the staff are always very friendly and accommodating. Think it was about €20 a head which included couple of Malibu and cokes (gigantic measure) couple of large beers and 4 fresh orange juices (didnt switch on to keeping the bills till later on in the holiday).

Wednesday - as it was market day decided that we would cook in that night so ordered spit roast chickens from Store Formentor (€9 each) and made a ratouille and roast potatoes. We bought a range of vegetables and lots of nice fresh fruit, the white skin nectarines in particular was delicious, for about €12, a lot cheaper than our local farmers market. All went down very well and for desert we walked up to the Ice Cream hut.

Thursday - La Piazza in the Square - another one of our favourites, always find the staff very helpful and obliging. We had mixed starter and deep fried cambaret between 4 of us which was very nice and the girls had garlic bread, mains were lasagne, chicken in gorgonzola sauce x 2 came with roast potatoes and fresh veg very tasty, pizzas, spaghetti meatballs, everyone enjoyed their food, had my favourite pudding of Panacotta, the chocolate mousse went down well as did the apple pie. We had a large jug of sangria, 5freshly squeezed orange juices, couple of bottles of water, 2 cappachinos. For 6 of us with the tip it came to €180 which I think was good value, much nicer quality and obviously surroundings then anywhere I could go at home here in the UK.

Friday - Tango - got the bus up and got off at LLenaire. Bit of a walk to Tangos but nice to see a bit of the resort I dont normally see as we stay at the other end just behind the Pine Walk, and the view of the bay is well worth the walk. Had booked a table which I think is a must in peak season. 6menus of the day at €16.80 each which included bread and ali oli. Cant remember exactly what everyone had but I had the egg mayonaise which is a meal in itself followed by port fillet cant remember desert. The food never disappoints at Tangos always the same quality and the staff again are very friendly. The only thing we personally dont like is the entertainment we were sitting quite near to the singer and found him too loud and all the songs sounded the same, I never liked the other couple when Tangos were in their old home, also the tables were a bit crammed in but as the music was loud couldn't hear the conversation (not that I wanted to listen in) of the people on the table next to me which was only about 6 inches away from me. Next year when we go (fingers crossed we can get there) I will book a table upstairs. The bill came to €120 as we had a couple of extras like 2 milkshakes, a large beer, and water. Excellent value again, and the taxis to take us back to the port arrived quickly.

Saturday - Eolo - been done up this year nice new tables and chairs, managed to get a table outside which was good as another hot night. No starters, bottle of rose, couple of fresh orange juices, apple juice, couple of large beers, all had pizza with couple of orders of chips, an Eolo salad, tomato and mozzerella salad, the pizzas were delicious as was all the accompainments, think it worked out about €17 ahead - mucher nicer than Pizza Express in my opinion.

During the week we had been up to Al Frescos for lunch the do a very nice range of baguettes, ciabattas and all their quiches and salads etc are very nice, we also had baguettes from the Voramar supermarket a couple of days these are very good value, love that supermarket.

We found the port to be a bit quieter this year, the Square would be emptish about 8pm but by 9pm it would be buzzing maybe people were eating later this year, it was very hot some nights.

Anyway hope I haven't bored you too much will write up second week soon.
Sponsored Links
Old 19-09-2009, 07:38
Founder

Thanks very much for the report Joanne. Of course we're not bored! It's always interesting to see where people go & which places they enjoy.

Am looking forward to week 2.
Old 19-09-2009, 08:26

Loved reading your report, Joanne!
Old 19-09-2009, 09:16
Super Moderator

Great report Joanne, thank you for taking the time to write it, look forward to reading about the 2nd week.
It was interesting to see your comment about people eating later because we have noticed it as well.
Old 19-09-2009, 11:24

Really enjoyed your report Joanne. Thanks for taking the time to write it up, it took me ages to write mine! I love the Voramar supermarket too, I know it's only small but I can spend ages in there. Looking forward to week 2.

Last edited by LK1960; 19-09-2009 at 11:27.