Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 23:11

Post Timberman's 2nd week

Our first week has been superb, weather has been fantastic not a cloud in the sky so far. It's been the hottest holiday for a number of years.

Friday Another very hot day so we decide on a restaurant with air con. we had enjoyed C'an Josep the previous week so we headed there. Drinks at the Miramar first. 6 adults again.
Shared starters of Garlic prawns,Mussells and Octopus all superb, 2 Sea Bream Mallorcan, 1 Fish of the day, 2 Shoulder of Lamb and 1 Spinach and Ricotta Raviolli. 2 large beers 2 jugs Sangria, 1 bottle house Rose, 2 large bottles water and 2 desserts can't recall what they were. Ist class food and service again. as soon as we arrived Josep was so welcoming and remembered our names from the previous week. A superb restaurant.
Bill 173 Euros

Saturday We decided to eat a late lunch today as my son and GF are off home tonight. I havn't tried this restaurant before and I was determined to try Ikebana and we were not dissapointed. Even though the sign says Paella by order evenings only, they were only too happy to make one for us. No starters, Paella for 2, 1 Canneloni, 2 pork loin, 1 steak. 3 large beers 1 small, 2 cokes large water. Bill 66 euros. The Paella was superb no wonder the locals come here for it.

Sunday Just the 2 of us tonight. After a bit of wandering and drinks at Bonys and Bar Cultural, it's very quiet in the square tonight so we decide on Centric where there are plenty of tables. Allways enjoyed the suckling pig here, so thats me sorted and shoulder of lamb for Mrs TM. Bottle of house white, water and Cortados. Bill 47 Euros. Very enjoyable but it's very hot in the square tonight.

Monday We havn't been to Tango's since it moved so I have booked a table there.Drinks overlooking the beach at Tamerells. Lovely restaurant and great setting looking out over the sea. One of the busiest restaurants we have been to this holiday. The food was very good service excellent and good entertainment by a singer.
1 Fish of the day, 1 suckling pig, 1 steak and peppar sauce and a beef Strogonof for me. 2 bottles house white, 2 large beers, 2 large bottles water, 1 lemon mousse and a couple of cortados. Bill 100 euros. Thoroughly enjoyed it here great service and apparently their here to stay.

Tuesday Just the 2 of us again. Had a long day on the beach and feeling a bit frazzled, so we decide not to go too far and as theres a restaurant right behind where we stay it's off to Sparrow Bar.
Drinks on the front terrace first, then we go to the terrace at the rear it's very nice here. Steak in peppar sauce for me and Chicken in a Marsalla sauce for Mrs TM. 1 large beer 1 small, bottle of water and just a glass of Rosado.
The steak was cooked to perfection (Med Rare) and was superb and Mrs TM raved about her meal as well, both meals served with a side dish of mixed veg. The service from a young Scottish lad and an English girl was very good,
The bill was just 33 euros.

Wednesday I still havn't eaten in the old town yet so we head off to Pollensa. I want to try El Temple but the others are feeling fussy tonight and want something a little more ordinary. So more wandering on a very hot evening until we pass a bar playing live music and in fairness he is very good playing a mixture of Beatles, Rolling Stones, Eagles etc so we decide to stop for a drink but end up having a meal as well at LuLu's. It;s a very British restaurant so the food reflects it. All Homemade 1 steak and Ale pie, 2 Chicken and Leek pie and 1 Chicken Chasseur. 3 Large beers 1 Martinin and lemonade, 1 bottle Rose and a very large water plenty of home made desserts but too full. A nice little restaurant good service and the food was in fact very good. Bill 91 Euros.

Thursday Last night and we have to be up at 4.30am for our return trip, so nobody wants to go too far. We decide on drinks by the beach for one last look, at Tamerells and then back to the Sparrow as it's only a 2 minute walk to the apartment.Lost the receipt for this but I think it was a couple of carbonarras, I think a couple of fish dishes. All very nice. Few large beers water and a bottle of white for around 60 Euros. This is definately an underated restaurant as we allways have good meals here and very reasonable.

So that ends our 2 weeks of a superb holiday in a superb resort that has definately not lost any of it's charm, although I thought the restaurants were in the main quieter this year. We've had a cross section of excellent meals and would go to all of these restaurants again.

Feels like I have written war and peace. Hope it wasn't too long winded.

Timberman

Last edited by Timberman; 08-09-2009 at 18:13.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2009, 23:18
Super Moderator

Yet another great report TM thank you.
Old 08-09-2009, 00:10

Your a star Timbers
Old 08-09-2009, 10:09

Two excellent reports and wishing we were there. unfortunately missed my fix of pp this year and praying we make it next year.
ps the suspense is killing me re o'lume, please spill the beans

regards

Gary
Old 08-09-2009, 10:15

Great two reports timberman, thanks for your time and effort.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:22

Another great report Timberman. Really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:47

Hi Timbers and thanks for part 2.

Enjoyed the read and so pleased to learn you and the team enjoyed your meals.

Yep, the Sparrow is good out there and glad you tried Ikebana.

Cheers

Porto
Old 08-09-2009, 13:13

Where is the Sparrow?

Thanks

Suemo
Old 08-09-2009, 13:21

Direct and to the point, very informative, thank you!
Old 08-09-2009, 13:24

I thought you had some gossip on O'Lume or were you teasing us ?
Old 08-09-2009, 13:40

Hi Suemo!

As you walk up Calle Bot (Pollensa Park Avenue to some) at the top you will see the Golden Lion . Vere left then turn right in to Calle Gorrio and the Sparrow is directly on your left.

Don't turn this way into Calle Gorrio by car as it is one way only!
Old 08-09-2009, 18:19

Porto, I hope it's not one way, I was using it in both directions most days

Timberman
Old 09-09-2009, 10:45

Thanks Timberman, this should help us as we arrive on 12th Sept. Im glad you had such good weather!! Ive just checked the forecast for the week we are in PP but its not good infact its terrible!!
Old 09-09-2009, 12:54

Wink

Timberman,

Absolutely brilliant reports....Just wish I had the patience to compile something like that myself......Very,very informative, to the point & everything summed up nicely.......As luck would have it, the missus & myself have kept back a week of our holidays & are out to the Port in early October....Gonna try some of the restaurants you visited, as although we have been to the Port several times, there are some we haven't eaten in before, never tried O'Lume before for instance, & although the Sparrow is very close to one of our favorite walks I didn't even know it was there!!!!!

One question....Although O'Lume is moving, whereabouts is at located (roughly) at the moment? Can't in my head place where it is.......And would really like to visit it......

Thanks once again for brilliant reviews....

Cheers....
Old 09-09-2009, 13:36
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethepinewalk View Post
One question....Although O'Lume is moving, whereabouts is at located (roughly) at the moment? Can't in my head place where it is.......And would really like to visit it......
For locations & directions to restaurants, please see http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...irections.html If you find any are missing, please let us know.

Thanks.