Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 17:10

Post Trip Report Timberman's 1st Week

Been back a week now so thought I should sort out my report. Arrived 14th August. Completely trouble free start flight on time, car hire no problem arrived in PP by 10.45 am totally chilled straight away.

4 adults including my eldest son and his wife to be.

Friday we or maybe I decided we should go to C'an Josep I'd read so much about this restaurant I thought we should try it. I had allways avoided this section of restaurants as we not very keen on the location, but this was very good. No starters, main course Salmon in cider sauce, grilled salmon,leg of lamb and for me Bream Mallorcan style all superb followed by just 1 creme broule and another dessert not sure what. 2 large beers 1 small, Jug Sangria, water bill 88 euros. This is a must go to restaurant lovely staff and Josep goes out of his way to please. Thanks Josep for and good luck with your restaurant you deserve to succeed.

Saturday. Wander down the pine walk stop off at the Miramar for a drink and then onto Coral Bar, allways enjoy it here the husband and wife team and the rest of the staff are excellent. Squid rings to start, 2 chicken in peppar sauce, Hake and Tumbet, Grilled sole and Tumbet all well cooked piping hot and very enjoyable, bottle Macia Batle 3 large beers several bottles water, very hot night, coffee's 103 euros. Again very enjoyable.

Sunday Drinks at El Ancla then to Llenaire Like the setting up here and nice service. The heat is taking it's toll 1 or 2 not very hungry. Again no starters Paella for 2 , 1 carbonara and 1 grilled chicken nice but maybe not as good as previous visits not sure what it was. 3 large beers 3 small, bottle of wine can't remember what, water and coffees. 88 Euros not the best but pretty good value.

Monday Drinks at Bonys got to go there a couple of times, then C'an Ferrer I like this place but Mrs TM is not so keen. Got to have the Mussells to start, superb, lamb chops, spanish ommlette and 2 chicken in peppar sauce, jug of Sangria one of the best we had, 1 large beer water and a Carajillo for me. Total bill 63 Euros good value for money.

Tuesday Not out tonight as we had spent the day with friends at Puigpenyent and eaten late in the afternoon.

Wednesday Son and GF off on their own for a romantic meal. Decided this was the night to visit O'Lume. Drinks at El Ancla saw a poor lady twist her knee on the steps, you know who you are. O'Lume was fairly quiet when we arrived about 9pm only 4 or 5 tables in use 2 with young chidren and didn't hear a peep from them. Usual free gratis starter, Grilled Turbot for Mrs TM and Monkfish and clam casserole for me, Wine was Albarino which was suggested by Jaime and superb it was, shared a Creme coconut brule for dessert water and Cortado's and complimentary brandy and amaretto. This meal was superb and Jaime was his usual charming self can do no wrong in my eyes.service is top quality as is the food. Bill 66 euros
Only problem it's very hot in there even if you sit near a fan but you can't have everything.

Watch this space some big news coming about O'Lume.

Thursday Daughter and her husband have now joined us for a week.

Drinks at El Ancla this is certainly a good value place for drinks very reasonable. My Daughter is suffering from lack of sleep as it was no sleep the previous night and we are all suffering from the heat it has been a very hot week so far and the evenings have been very muggy. So a quick visit to Manduca 5 Pizza's for the family and a Carbonara for me, which was very good and the others all raved about theirs, if you like pizzas then these are very good, 3 large beers 1 small, 1 jug sangria 1 large bottle water. Total bill 88 euros.

Thats the end of the first week. The heat in the evenings seemed to kerb everyones hunger and we couldn't eat large meals, didn't kerb the drinks though.
We had a superb 1st week weather was fantastic and we had all really enjoyed ourselves.
2nd week to follow if I don't send you all to sleep.

Last edited by Timberman; 05-09-2009 at 18:20.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2009, 19:11

Thanks TM!

Enjoyed the report, it's always great to read about folks enjoying themselves.

Looking forward to the next bit!

Best regards

Porto
Old 05-09-2009, 19:17

Brillant report Timberman. I'm really enjoying reading it so far. And I'm intrigued by your O'Lume news. Can't wait for week 2. Thanks for posting
Old 06-09-2009, 00:46
Super Moderator

Great review Timberman thanks for posting. It was only a twinge in my knee and after a couple of vinos the pain was gone LOL.
Old 06-09-2009, 17:15

Would that be "painless" or "legless" then Sparky!
Old 06-09-2009, 18:11

Hi Timberman,

You would have been in the Llenaire on the same night as us. It was our last night before heading home and I can agree with you re. the heat. It was stifling that night.

We stayed in Llenaire for the first time this year (we usually stay in the centre) and therefore we had not previously tried the Llenaire and we decided to go there on our last night as a) it was close to our apartment and b) because we had previously had such a lovely meal.

On the Saturday I had the set menu for 14.50 and it was fab. Melon with Parma ham to start with (massive portion), the most fantastic steak entrecote cooked just how I like it and then some delicious tiramisu to finish, in my opinion the steak alone was worth 14 euros. The staff were lovely, really welcoming and helpful, nothing was too much trouble.

I noticed that your experience was just OK (I think that's what you said, I've forgotten already and I only read your post two minutes ago - old age!!). As this restaurant was at the end of our road we walked past every night and it always seemed full (the same a lunchtime on some days). Just wondering if you had tried this restaurant before and had a better meal.

Suemo x.

Sorry Timberman I re-read your post and you have been to the Llenaire on previous occasions! I told you, old age!
Old 06-09-2009, 18:43
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
Would that be "painless" or "legless" then Sparky!
LOL, yes the legs were rather wobbly later that evening.
Old 06-09-2009, 21:03

Enjoyed reading yet another great trip report......sounded as if you had a great time TM. Gosh, Coral.....I just love it, it's one of the first places we go to! Lamb shanks are amazing, never yet found a place to beat Corals.
Old 06-09-2009, 21:32

Hi Suemo

I think it was more to do with heat that day rather than the food. We have allways enjoyed this restaurant the service and the food is very good and excellent value.

Timberman
Old 06-09-2009, 21:43

Favie agree with you regarding Coral Bar, never had a bad meal here such a friendly restaurant and very good value for money.

Timberman
Old 07-09-2009, 12:49

Hi Timberman,

I totally agree with regards to Coral, always had wonderful meals there. When we were there last month I had the beef casserole and it was fabulous. I also love the house Rose wine, I have often looked in the supermarkets in PP to see if I can buy a bottle but no luck.

Suemo
Old 07-09-2009, 13:40

Smile

Loved your review. We are back to PP next August and the Coral will certainly be used alot on this visit as we will be staying at the Bellresguard estate. This forum has been fantastic since I joined last month. I jot all the tips and ideas down in a little notebook which i'll take with. You certainly could never remember all the little gems you pick up here...

Thanks everyone....
Old 07-09-2009, 17:22

Great post Timbers looking forward to next report.