Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-09-2009, 14:13

Default Restaurant Siller

As posted previous, just back a couple of weeks ago from our annual three week family holiday in Puerto Pollensa. Having read all the posts about the restaurant we decided to try it. On entering we were asked if we had booked, which we had not, so we were seated in the empty restaurant which was still empty when we left. We ordered the sizzling plate of fillet steak & asked if it would be a problem for the children to share one which they said was fine. I asked for mine well done, which usually means that it comes medium in Majorca. Anyway it was served rare but still fine. We finished our bottle of wine which was recommended and fancied another glass before we returned home. On asking, the waiter said no problem but on serving the two glasses the owner who greeted us (I assume) started going mad with the waiter as they must not do individual glasses of that wine. This made us feel quite uncomfortable & sorry for the waiter. On asking for the bill which was in excess of 140 euros (which is fine) my wife asked why they had charged more for the portion which was split between our two children. On which the owner was very annoyed by & said it was classed as two servings, extra plates etc. He was very rude in his manner & needless to say we never went back. He could have had a good deal of business from us had he not been so rude. Instead most of my money went to the trusted Tango who gave there usual freindly service with excellent food as they have done for many years. By the way Siller was empty every night we walked past on our way to the port. No suprise I guess.
Sponsored Links
Old 14-09-2009, 15:24

I wonder if its changed hands as owner is normally a very chatty person who grows his own veg and he loves to tell you about it. Can anyone throw any light on this, I like Bar Siller but think its got expensive and not such good value for money.
Old 14-09-2009, 15:36

The owner (I think) had a twisted tash & the waiter seemed a bit slow, but very attentive, though he would be if we were the only people in I suppose.
Old 14-09-2009, 16:26

Thanks for this - I shall give it a miss. There are so many lovely places to visit. I hate any form of rudeness. It is not necessary. In tough times especially, it would be a good idea for people to take note that a bad reputation is more likely to go around extra quickly. Personally, I think 140 euros seems somewhat expensive for what is described. Especially as you were made to feel uncomfortable. Thankfully, there are the likes of Tango who will continue to 'pull the crowds' in good times and bad.
Old 14-09-2009, 17:48

Have to say I was very surprised at this post as we have been to the Siller a number of times, plus two children, and have never experienced anything but politeness and friendliness both from the owner and other staff. In fact, on one occasion, because the weather had been poor during our holiday he gave us a bottle of wine as we left to cheer us up... Beyond the call of duty, I thought! I'm hoping this was a complete one-off - I just can't believe it was anything else as he is usually such a great host. Please don't let it put you off going there as it is a lovely little restaurant with great food (though I agree not cheap). I'm a bit concerned about your comment about it being empty - this can be the case during the week but it is generally buzzing on Friday and Saturday evenings - especially later on when the locals arrive. Perhaps the credit crunch explains his lack of bonhommie...
Old 14-09-2009, 19:30

Perhaps Snowy is correct and it has changed hands? One would assume if that was the case then attitude would be more inviting.
Old 14-09-2009, 21:56

Dont think its changed hands as mwc discription fits the owner.
Old 15-09-2009, 09:51

Yeah, I am sure it was the owner, we were really dissapointed as I had read some good reviews on this site & really wanted it to be good as our villa was not that far away. Homemade bread etc great, dont mind the price if the food is great, but as I say we only questioned the bill and he was not happy at all, with a 'how dare you' attitude. At the end of the day he was the looser as it probably cost him a good few euoros & it looked as he needed the trade because day or night we never seen anyone in there.