Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 16:05

Default Los Bares

We tried a few new bars this time as well as some old favourites.
Bon Dia near the beach and Pollensa Park was very nice and just right for a cold beer while on the beach, happy hour as well great prices, wifi and pay machines.
JK’S as usual very friendly welcome, great prices and a good to catch up on the cricket at. Free wifi.
Beach Bar Brilliant location to while a way a few hours over a bottle of Rosado
In the town Café Iillle used to be our favourite in the square but this time the service was so poor we moved across to what we thought was Bar Juma but turned out to be a new bar called Bar Ocho squeezed in between, very nice bar, very friendly owner and staff, I am sure he is English, two of his staff were girls on gap years working for the summer, great prices and it looked like good food as well although we didn’t have chance to try it.
Bar Espanyol of cause just for the atmosphere and countless other ones we tried as we walked around on the day of the battle.
Lastly Bonys, we made a decision not to go there this year as we had so much to do, but it looked full and buzzing as usual, Jose looked well and happy, well as happy as Jose gets, this will be my last words on this bar as we no longer use it, honestly Zelda, but the rumoured florescent signs are no more than offers of 30% – 50% off at happy hour, one in Spanish which I didn’t fully understand and one saying thank you to everyone who had sent best wishes to him, so be sure he knows most of you are thinking of him, and the last one simply said ‘without you Bonys is nothing’
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2009, 12:08

Hi SWS!

Sounds like a lovely holiday.

We stopped at the beach bar one night and it was pretty quiet. We enjoyed a drink practically right on the sand - bliss - and thought we'd linger but the wee boy at the table next to us went from playing happily with his Dad on the sand to throwing the mother of all tantrums ... so we had a paddle instead and went on to the Orange.

I think the Beach Bar is a good spot for a nightcap but the toilets are a bit manky. I suppose they will have been used all day without being cleaned.

Lala
Old 12-08-2009, 12:15

Hi Lala we did thanks, we only used the bar in the day, a good place to escape the heat as they have fans with water spray going which help, as you say perfect location, and no, the toilets are manky all day I am afraid, we use the new ones on the beach.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:53

Is the Beach Bar new? The only place I can think of on the beach is Tamarells so would be nice if there was somewhere else on the beach for a nightcap
Old 12-08-2009, 13:16

No thats the one on the beach, we have always called it the beach bar, does it have a name?
Old 12-08-2009, 13:50

I think its called Tamarells
Old 12-08-2009, 14:51

Yes, it is known as Tamarells. It's part of the Group which owns the Pollensa Park and Hotel Romantic.

jimsboy
Old 12-08-2009, 15:05

Yep it is Tamarells I meant.

We sometimes walk along to the Illa Dor for a nightcap - you are almost on the beach there AND the toilets are nicer!
Old 12-08-2009, 16:13

They also do a mean sangria!!
Old 12-08-2009, 16:45
Super Moderator

Don't do Sangria but have spent many hours there. Remember it when it was nothing more than a shack and there was only a small bit of beach in front of it. That's going back to 1982 .
Old 12-08-2009, 17:34

I wondered where Lala was talking about re the beach bar, and now of course understand what was meant and know Tamarells.

I am probably going to get shouted at again for what I am about to say!

Over the past few years having been also to Torremolinos and Port Cambrils on the mainland in both places, they have many of these type beach bars, Chiringuitos, where you can drop in for a drink of any kind ,a snack or MDD or even a full a la carte meal. For those on the beach who want some food or a drink they are super, as you don't need to head off further for what you want.

And they often do some entertainment, maybe some group or a guitarist or whatever. Strikes me PP could do with two or three along the stretch of the south beach.

Any ideas as to why this has never caught on in PP?

Properly done it would enhance the beach area, certainly not take it down.

Views anyone?
Old 12-08-2009, 18:05

Smile

If you sit inside facing the window and no one sits infront of you on the beach, then the view is wonderful!

Oh, sorry - not that sort of view then?!

Seriously though, I wonder if too many of them would cause a litter problem on the beach, which doesnt exist at the moment. There would always be something that blows off of an outside table and isnt chased after!
Also, it is pleasant to have a quiet bar on the beach to chill out in, one not having to compete with others trying to outdo each other in the music department too much!

Last edited by Belladonna; 13-08-2009 at 00:16.
Old 13-08-2009, 06:05

The Illa Dor for a nightcap is one of my favourites
Old 13-08-2009, 12:07

...and Joanne, by the time you walk back along the Pine Walk you have sobered up - simples!
Old 13-08-2009, 16:59

Just beautiful views there! But the walk back - over those cobbles