Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 21:04

Default Trip report Aug 09

Just back from our second trip and had a great time. be patient with me cos this is my first long thread.
1st night we went to Nico's and had the set menu, 3 chilli starters, 2 thai chicken curry and 1 enchillada, which had to be swapped cos daughter didnt enjoy, although hubby did. 2 ice creams and 1 carrot cake. Bread, wine and water. All very good value.

2nd Night Bar Laroc. again a very good choice. Bread and olives, 2 pizza's and one spag bol. Bottle of house wine but no deserts. Good choices all round and all very please with our choice.

3rd night saw us going for an Indian at Mirch Masala. We had the 15euro 95 cents menu and had a mixture of onion bajee, veg samosa and meat samosa with poppadoms and mango etc. for main meal we had lamb jalfrezi, chicken jalfrezi and korma, all very nice. finished off with ice cream. All very nice but they tried to make us pay for wine which was supposed to be included in price but they were very nice and rectified their mistake.

4th Night we decided we needed a bit of entertainment so took ourselves along to Can Balache. I had the menu of the day which was Spicy fishcake, pork loin with pepper sauce and proffiteroles, with wine included, although it was edible it wasnt anything to write home about. Daughter had chilli and husband had fish and chips, they were both happy with meal. Entertainment was very good and well worth the visit.

5th night took us to Bar coral, What can i say about that, althouth we had to wait about 45 mins for our meal it was well worth the wait. Daughter has spag bol again, hubby had chicken and I had the casserole, it was delicious, meat melted in your mouth.

6th night was Tiberi's turn. We had tried this last year and as it was daughters turn to choose and this was her fav. from last year we went again. she had hamburger and hubby and i has peppered steak. Both meals were lovely, only problem was we had it as the special and it wasnt quite big enough so if we went again i think i would just get it off the menu and pay extra.

7th night we managed to get into guru. we had tried several times last year and were out of luck cos it was always busy. We timed it right this year and was i pleased. Husband has pizza, cant remember what daughter had but I has pork wrapped in bacon and boy was it lovely, best meal so far. again we had bread and olives and daughter had choc brownie to finish and again it was lovely.

8th night was my turn to choose and as my fav last year was Trio off we went. Hubby not very well so he only had Lasagne, daughter had soup and lasagne and i had menu del dai. Tuna salad, beef in pepper sauce and cheesecake and i wasnt disappointed, again meal was delicious. Daughter thought one of waiters looked like a young leonardo di caprio and when she told him he was over the moon so we got extra large baileys on the house. lol

9th night was again daughters choice and she said she fancied Hells kitchen, oh no I thought its a typical english restaurant, although the meals sounded english enough, the food was delicious. I had pate, daughter had onion bajee and hubby had prawn cocktail and all were fab. 2nd course was pie,mash and veg for me and daughter and gammon for hubby, deserts were ice cream for them and apple pie and ice cream for me. all meals were delicious and the atmosphere inside the restaurant was really pleasant.

10th and final night took us to cellar la parra and as you save the best till last this really did fit the bill. This was another place we had tried several times to get to but always full. I had lomo con col for the first time and it was the nicest thing i have ever tasted. Hubby plumped for this and he enjoyed as much as i did. daughter had peppered chicken followed by ice cream and i had almond cake with ice cream. This was probs the best night and the family owners were lovely and so next year i will book a table so that i will defo get in.

I was a bit worried about spending money but most nights out cost lest than 60 euros, for the meal with wine and water so i was more than happy with our choices. It left plenty of money for the extra drinks we had to buy in the bars on the way home. Once again a lovely time was had by all and we will return.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2009, 22:04
Super Moderator

Stocktonmackem thanks for a great review. I am glad you had a good time.
Old 08-08-2009, 23:37

Really enjoyed reading your review Stocktonmackem!

Sounds like you had a great time
Old 09-08-2009, 08:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocktonmackem View Post
4th Night we decided we needed a bit of entertainment so took ourselves along to Can Balache. I had the menu of the day which was Spicy fishcake, pork loin with pepper sauce and proffiteroles, with wine included, although it was edible it wasnt anything to write home about. Daughter had chilli and husband had fish and chips, they were both happy with meal. Entertainment was very good and well worth the visit.
I do really enjoy reading the trip reports and yours was no exception, thanks for taking the trouble to put your experiences down for us all.

Interestingly, we ate at Can Balache back in May, we knew it was a newish restaurant and the menu looked good value for money but we were disappointed with the meal, everything was ordinary and bland, the staff were not friendly and considering they were not busy at that time of year I was surprised that they did not go to any trouble to try to make us feel more welcome. We decided that this is a restaurant that we wouldn't go back to.

I am curious though about the entertainment as there was none when we were there and the place was very small. What did the entertainment consist of?
Old 09-08-2009, 08:55

Thanks for report, can't wait to get to PP next week now
Old 09-08-2009, 11:16

Hi Stocktonmackem

Thanks for posting a great review. I really enjoyed reading it. And thinks for all your help and advice regarding the apartments. We loved them. Just sorry we missed you.

LK
Old 09-08-2009, 18:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleywanderer View Post
I do really enjoy reading the trip reports and yours was no exception, thanks for taking the trouble to put your experiences down for us all.

Interestingly, we ate at Can Balache back in May, we knew it was a newish restaurant and the menu looked good value for money but we were disappointed with the meal, everything was ordinary and bland, the staff were not friendly and considering they were not busy at that time of year I was surprised that they did not go to any trouble to try to make us feel more welcome. We decided that this is a restaurant that we wouldn't go back to.

I am curious though about the entertainment as there was none when we were there and the place was very small. What did the entertainment consist of?
We visited on a friday and it was a lady called Becky love. She had a lovely voice and was singing for about an hour.
Old 09-08-2009, 18:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK1960 View Post
Hi Stocktonmackem

Thanks for posting a great review. I really enjoyed reading it. And thinks for all your help and advice regarding the apartments. We loved them. Just sorry we missed you.

LK
I am a glad i give you good info and you had a good time. I am unsure of when i can go next year cos my daughter is getting married at the end of august so i will probably have to go after that. Do you know what the weather will be like at the beginning of Sept?
Old 09-08-2009, 18:33

Great report Stocktonmackem.

Always good to read a happy report of enjoyable eating out.

Few have commented this year on Hell's Kitchen, it seems to be motoring along ok.

Your info about dining costs will be very helpful to many.

Porto

PS What can we call you for short? that's a real long screen name!
Old 09-08-2009, 18:51

Thanks for a great report. Brooksy
Old 09-08-2009, 20:13

Thanks for the interesting review Stoctanmanem. Despite having been going to PP for many years, you visited a lot of restaurants that I have never been to. It is good to hear about them. Just goes to show how many places there are.

Adios

Dave
Old 09-08-2009, 20:49

Thanks for the useful report - lots of places we haven't tried, so definitely food for thought...

The weather should be excellent in early September, by the way! Doesn't really start cooling down/raining until October. You should have warm temperatures without the mugginess of late July/August.
Old 09-08-2009, 22:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portofan View Post
Great report Stocktonmackem.

Always good to read a happy report of enjoyable eating out.

Few have commented this year on Hell's Kitchen, it seems to be motoring along ok.

Your info about dining costs will be very helpful to many.

Porto

PS What can we call you for short? that's a real long screen name!
Mackem will do.lol
Old 11-08-2009, 13:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleywanderer View Post

I have been to Can Balache on a couple of Friday nights the singer is a lovely young lady called Becky Lane, started at 9.30 about finished about 11.45 very good singer,I also ate there on both visits and was perfectly happy with the meals, steak & ale pie and cajun chicken,very good value at 6,50 euros,I would point out though that it is a bar that serves food and not a restaurant.

Last edited by pollensaparadise; 11-08-2009 at 13:45. Reason: insert prices