Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 20:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH02JLH View Post
OK...let's keep this civilised, guys...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but let's not resort to having a slanging match...

Thanks
Jane
Come on Jane Hardly a slaging match, more friendly banter. Civilised I think we all are don't you.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2009, 22:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
Come on Jane Hardly a slaging match, more friendly banter. Civilised I think we all are don't you.
Hmmm...I was just trying to nip it in the bud...

We went to PP when my son was three and there was NO WAY I would have taken him into Ca'n Costa then. It would have been a disaster and a total waste of money. In fact, if I remember rightly, my parents came over to PP for a few days and babysat while we had an evening meal at Ca'n Costa. It was bliss to be child-free for a few hours.

I'm having trouble remembering where we ate that holiday...perhaps because with two children aged 3 and 7 it was not the gastronomic experience we've enjoyed in latter years. Plus I hadn't discovered the PP forum then so we weren't aware of the square in PP (can you believe that?) I can remember restaurant Llenaire on two occasions and L'Alba in CSV, but other than that, it's a blank, although my mum told me tonight she thinks we went to La Font del Gall and we sat outside.

I remember barbecuing a lot that holiday though!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 22:47
Super Moderator

Not the children i hope Jane!!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 07:14

I cant believe people are complaining about youngsters in restaurants! When we went to PP in 2005, we had my 2 year old neice with us, and i must say the Spanish waiters spoilt her rotten, giving her plenty of attention, and she loved every minute of it. We even took her to Stay, in a buggy!!!
The Spanish love taking their little ones to all kinds of eateries, with no problems at all, it is a family resort after all, thats why we go there. But when we English do it, we complain!! I think we could learn a lesson from our Spanish friends here.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:54

As a Scottish Parent/Grandparent I don't need to learn anything from the Spanish ...have been taking children to restaurants and now grandchild without any problems thank you very much! If you read the posts most people were saying that sometimes/some places it is nice to have an "adult night out" don't think many parents/grandparents would disagree with that!
There is nothing nicer than seeing families all enjoying a meal together be it Spain or Britain..or anywhere! After a certain time in the evening,as I have said before,I never do see the little darlings in some restaurants.(PP)

This thread is becoming rather repetative now.....don't you think? Lets all just agree to disagree
Old 12-08-2009, 09:47

Just what I have been saying favies, along with some others - well done!
Old 12-08-2009, 09:58

But isn't this a discussion forum, aren't we supposed to disagree and argue the relative merits of each view?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:47

.....what, until the cows come home!?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:51

...no usually until Zelda stops us, until then we can carry on?
Old 12-08-2009, 11:03
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
...no usually until Zelda stops us, until then we can carry on?
I, & Jane, will only moderate when posts break the rules of the forum i.e. goes way way off topic, starts becoming personal etc. As Jane pointed out sometimes we have to step in early as we can see the way a thread is going & we want to stop what could be a good thread before it deteriorates into a slanging match

Personally, I think this thread has now run its course and all the main points have been covered.... I'm sure there are other subjects that you could talk about now
Closed Thread