Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 13:26

Default Visit Report Part 4 Bars, Bars Bars

Batacuda
TheFussies greatly mourned the closure of Coconuts, being our favourite bar in the port and have never found a satisfactory replacement until now... Batacuda. Yes the boys from Bonanca as has been mentioned before on the forum have reopened Batacuda. Not only does it have old Cocunuts staff Miquel and Manolo, its on the same street, plays the same style of music, used by ex Coconut regulars, has art on the wall and operates on the same lines plus its open all year. Great place to drop in for a drink, people watch or have a quiet chat and like all Spanish bars the smokers seem to be on the inside and the non-smokers out on the terrace. Prices are I thought reasonable 3 cocktails and two whiskies 29 euros. A word of caution don't go too early, its a place to stop in on before going out late or for a night cap on the way home. Staff are great and they do a fantastic Mojito.

Cafe D'Eu Moll
Recommended this bar last year and the same holds true this year. Fussies retired here for coffees and liquers after a meal then stayed for beer, combinados and to use the free WiFi. Staff are really good and depending on the night if there are no english speaking staff it makes for a challenge. But this is well worth the effort. We had two liquers a brandy and three coffees for 11 euros one night. Much better value than the square and just behind the church. Its a mixture of locals with some holiday makers so at least you can imagine you are in a foreign country. Great place to hang out.

La Cantina de Moll Nou
Hope I've got that right, I think it was Bonyslad who first reported on this bar. Its located behind Stay and if you want to watch the sun go down over the port this is the place to be. It can be a bit quirky (try the Mojito 5 euros in a pint tumbler with a half metre straw) but if you want to rub shoulders with the rich and have your photograph taken beside an expensive yacht whilst holding a cocktail this is the place to go. Highly recommended and its not expensive small beer and wine 3 euros, large beer 3.50.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2009, 18:39

Since Cafe D'Eu Moll opened about six years ago we always try and pay a visit or two each time in PP.

Good place to just sit back and relax with a coffee with or without a little snack and to enjoy the local atmosphere.

Very often Guardia and or local police in for their coffee.

Noticed the Cantina down at the marina but not yet tried it. Sounds interesting for a visit!

Muchas gracias!
Old 02-08-2009, 19:42

Have reallly enjoyed reading all your reviews Fussies!

Great to read about Batacuda as we too were great Coconuts fans We knew Manolo was going to be there as we chatted to him about it while he spent the winter painting our apartment block. Its good to see all the boys are back in town!!!

Good Mojito's you say? Maria I know where we're going next time!!!!!!

We also went to La Cantina de Moll Nou and agree it's a fantastic place to people watch and watch the sun go down.

4 weeks to go ..cant wait
Old 03-08-2009, 13:03

Mmm! As long as they make it with WHITE rum, I'm ahead of you debs! Counting the days, and keeping an eye on the weather.
Have never been one to go to just a bar, as usually seem to have had quite enough to drink at a restaurant, but am quite willing to be educated!
Old 29-10-2009, 00:16

Is Batacuda open all year ?

Also same question for the Cantina place behind Stay
Old 29-10-2009, 10:35

HI cd! Yes Batacuda is open all year and its a great place for a night cap.

The boys are back in town with the usual banter, the music is a good and the atmosphere quite lively. Fills up late on with lots of familiar locals after they've finished work! We sat in the courtyard the night we met up with linzz and her sister, which was lovely as it was a very hot evening. Not sure if this will be an option in November so you would probably be inside.....might be very smokey

Agree with the Fussies about the Mojios....they were fantastic!

Not sure about La Cantina but would think it was a seasonal place when all the yachties come in. Great place to people watch in the summer 'tho. Bonyslad should know so hopefully he'll reply.

Have a great time cd and love to all x (when are you over next?)
Old 29-10-2009, 10:49
Super Moderator

I think La Cantina might be open as it is just outside the fish quay, so the fishermen may use it. I know it was open in March.
Old 29-10-2009, 12:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post

Not sure about La Cantina but would think it was a seasonal place when all the yachties come in. Great place to people watch in the summer 'tho. Bonyslad should know so hopefully he'll reply.
Pretty sure it's open all year ( well mornings anyway ) cos there's a lot of boat maintenance taking place in the winter. Sadly , not a lot of yachty totty about in Dec/Jan

BonysLad
Old 03-11-2009, 22:11

Hiya,

I can't find La Cantina ! I can see the sign at the road end and I though t someone posted it is behind Stay... but I can't see it !

Miriam
Old 03-11-2009, 22:21

Miriam,

Keep walking behind Stay and just before you fall in the water, you'll see it on your right. Got a feeling it might be closed, obviously the recession has hit the boat trade as well !!!!

BonysLad
Old 03-11-2009, 22:31

Thanx BL... think I didn't go far enuf along.

I'm doing well this trip... managed to miss C'an Andreu and now looks like I have missed La Cantina too !

Miriam
Old 04-11-2009, 11:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post
Miriam,

Keep walking behind Stay and just before you fall in the water, you'll see it on your right. Got a feeling it might be closed, obviously the recession has hit the boat trade as well !!!!

BonysLad
Everything was locked up and no tables/chairs around when we were there Sept/Oct. Think you may be right Bonyslad.
Old 04-11-2009, 21:57

Talking

BUT....at last I found it !

Is it a sitinary or sitootary or both ? iS

Miriam
Old 15-10-2011, 23:32

Smile La Cantina .... at last!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleywanderer View Post
Everything was locked up and no tables/chairs around when we were there Sept/Oct. Think you may be right Bonyslad.

Don't know what took longer.......... getting a sundowner in this place or finding this thread !

HOWEVER ! Finally today had a wee snacky lunch there and then a coffee as the sun went down ( well nearly... it went behind a cloud) but nice staff, good menu and tho it took a while, glad I finally got there lol

Miriam
for BL..... as u said (almost 2 years ago ) there did not appear to be a lot of "yachty totty" on view, but a very nice red ferrari and a gentleman arriving for his shower in his bathrobe
Old 16-10-2011, 11:09

Sounds like it is worth finding in that case Miriam! May well take a stroll that way!