Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 13:09

Default Maxim July 2009

I have eaten at Maxim in the past and the food had been very good but the service poor! This year we realised that we hadn't eaten in the square at all and OH (not being a fish or red meat eater) was getting pretty fed up of chicken and Tumbet but the "chicken stuffed with dates" at Maxim appealed so in we went.

It was so hot and humid in the port this year that we had adopted the habit of friends of ours and chose to eat just inside the door of the restaurant where it is air conditioned. Perhaps because we were so visible or maybe because the place was fairly quiet, we were very well looked after.

The food was really very good. I had the lamb shoulder which was absolutely delicious and just fell off the bone - yum! At 73 euros this was to be our most expensive meal of the holiday but we did have a lot - bread/ olives, 1 starter, 2 mains, 1 pud, a brandy coffee (absolutely LETHAL by the way!) bottle red, water and a large beer. Very nice and as I say (despite earlier experiences) the service couldn't be faulted.

Lala
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2009, 18:12

Lala, Glad you enjoyed, but 73 Euros! Unless the bottle of red was expensive, seems a tad expensive for basically 2x 2 courses.
Old 13-07-2009, 08:10

Hi Smiddy!

We always have a nice bottle of red wine at night. I think we had Anares Crianza 2004 that night - maybe 16 or 17 euros? But I think maybe my Brandy Coffee took the bill above that of La Font or perhaps everything was just a bit more expensive? This is why I cannot understand why people chose to eat in the square every night when O Lume is so empty...

Lala
Old 13-07-2009, 11:17

Lala,

The square has always been that more expensive, no doubt the restaurants pay far more for their position there, which is reflected in the prices. Obviously O'Lume knocks spots of these places, suppose the square acts like a magnet to most people, once you've been going for a few years you tend to branch out a bit, although, as you will see from my previous posts it's never appealed to me.

Last edited by Smiddy; 13-07-2009 at 11:21.
Old 16-07-2009, 15:40

Lala70w

Just back from PP and i agree with your comments on Maxims we ate there twice in our forthnight and food was first class.

However the best restaurant by far for us this year was La Piazza (in the square, 2 up from Maxims). Brillant food and fantastic service. So good we ate there 3 times.

Also had great food in Tribeca, Makassar and Torre Playa. Ate in Stay and have to say was disappointed. A lot more expensive than everywhere else but no better.

Jupiter