Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   REVIEW: Hibiscus June 2009 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/4926-hibiscus-june-2009-a.html)

Lala70w 12-07-2009 12:34

Hibiscus June 2009

Hibiscus has always been a favouite of ours. It is a family run establishment on the edge on the square in PP. Nice linen, friendly staff, good home-cooked food.

This year they have a MDD which had a very good selection. Hubby opted for that and I had a delicious steak with pepper sauce. Bottle of Mallorcian red wine, 2 beers, water, coffee and amarettos - 60 euros. Free Heirbas, friendly service. Recommended.

Lala :D

Smiddy 12-07-2009 18:29

Lala, As i've mentioned on a other post, a fine restaurant, indeed. Don't understand how on hot humid nights people sit and sweat outside when you have this lovely air-conditioned oasis to dine in. The late (great) Rikki Fulton was a big fan of this restaurant.

Sparky 12-07-2009 19:03

We really must try this one, so often we have said we would but just never got there. Thanks for all your reviews Lala.;)

Portofan 12-07-2009 19:09

Thanks again Lala!

So often sitting at the Neptune for a beer or some lunch was always amazed there would never be anyone in Hibiscus and it does look a cool sanctuary on an evening where dining outside might be a tad uncomfortable.

Will put on list to try.

And in this day and age there is a pretty wide choice to please most palates on the MDD menu, at areasonable price.

Disorderly 14-07-2009 20:41

A couple of years ago this forum was full of reviews saying the Hibiscus service was surly and unpleasant and food very average.

Clearly something has changed?

Lala70w 15-07-2009 09:04

:confused: I have been going to Hib for 10 years and always found the staff and food lovely - it's family run.

Their veggy "paella" is still spoken about in hushed tones by my mother and 13 year old niece who shared some 2 years ago... in fact, that particular night my mother accidently took the linen knapkin with her and when she tried to return it the lady insisted she keep it! :D

Mark1875 15-07-2009 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lala70w (Post 32548)
:confused: I have been going to Hib for 10 years and always found the staff and food lovely - it's family run.

Their veggy "paella" is still spoken about in hushed tones by my mother and 13 year old niece who shared some 2 years ago... in fact, that particular night my mother accidently took the linen knapkin with her and when she tried to return it the lady insisted she keep it! :D

Lala, when you call it Hib (or even better Hibs) it makes me consider visiting. ;)