Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   REVIEW: Mirch Massala July 2009 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/4924-mirch-massala-july-2009-a.html)

Lala70w 12-07-2009 12:00

Mirch Massala July 2009

If you fancy an Indian meal when you are in PP I can't recommend Mirch Massala highly enough.

Delicious authentic tasting food, fantastic value and superb service and a friendly welcome make it a place I plan to return to.

The restaurant is set 2 streets back from the Pine Walk next door to Trios. It wasn't particularly busy when we arrived but that didn't put us off because our pal Sparky had recommended the place.

We sat in our fav restaurant spot - just inside the door for cooler dining and guaranteed good service - we weren't disappointed.

We both had the 4 course MDD which had a good choice of starters and mains. Our selections included all of the following for just under 14 euros each:

poppadoms and dips
starters - chicken tikka & onion bhajis
Mains - Chicken Jalfrieze & Chicken Tikka Massala with 2 rice
pudding - 2 ice-cream
Drinks - 2 small beers
glass of meloncoton each

We added a peshwari nan bread, a bottle of Crianza and some water and the total bill was 43 euros!!

The food was lovely - fresh and delicious and the portions just right. Lila and her team have the service spot on and I really hope that this little gem does well.

Lala :D

Red Robbo 12-07-2009 12:07

mirch massala

After reading this posting it could mean a break in a long established tradition of us always visiting the Kasmir once in our two week break!
Over next saturday - so will let you know how we get on...
And after all the favourable postings on O Lume we shall also be adding that to our tried and trusted list of restaurants as well.

Stocktonmackem 12-07-2009 12:19

Looking forward to trying this restuarant. It was just opening as we were leaving last year.

fisherfour 12-07-2009 12:56

Can't wait to try this one when we're there in August - even the kids love Indian food.

Tracy

Sparky 12-07-2009 13:41

I am so glad you enjoyed it Lala, all my friends here agree it is the best Indian in the port. :D

Belladonna 12-07-2009 15:41

Have to disagree Im afraid! Just goes to show though that theres room for more than one in the port. Our experience was not one that would take me back for a second go and we will be sticking to Kashmir.

Sparky 12-07-2009 15:55

Maybe we were unlucky on our visit to Kashmir in April when the staff outnumbered the diners and getting a dessert or a coffee was like pulling teeth.:eek:

Lala70w 13-07-2009 08:14

Suppose it all comes down to personal taste. I have eaten at the Kashmir before and thought ok although it wasn't cheap and judging by my palpitations later in the night they must use flavour enhancers like MSG - I am allergic to it.

Mirch Massala IMO is more authentic - the cooking is Bangladeshi (apart from the Chicken Tikka Massala which is Glaswegian obviously! ;) )

Lala :)

whaleywanderer 13-07-2009 09:45

We also visited Mirch Massala in June and had an enjoyable and reasonably priced meal. Their cooking most resembles the curries that we are used to here in the UK. If you like Indian for a change I would recommend. We only went there because it was a Monday night and were hoping to go to Trio but this is the night they are closed. We made an executive decision on the spot and were not disappointed.