Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 19:17
Banned

Default nights out with the kids

hi all
6 adults and 4 small children. after we have had our eveining meal which
bar will welcome us.
cheers
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2009, 19:36

Hi benjoe

PP is a family-friendly resort with lots of bars who welcome children. Your question would have been more difficult to answer if you asked where you could go to avoid children!

Any of the bars in the square will welcome you and the children - I'm including Bony's, Cafe L'Algar, Bar Cultural. In the square the children can play with others while you all relax and have a drink. I've been taking my two to PP since my daughter was 9 weeks old and we've never had a problem anywhere, at any time of the evening.

If you venture to the old town of Pollenca (a must) the square there is perfect for children as the locals gather in the evening with their toddlers while the older children play football.

Enjoy your holiday!
Old 11-07-2009, 19:37

All of them. I havn't heard of any not welcoming that many people spending money.

Timberman
Old 12-07-2009, 08:35

We stay in apartments but have always found other residents keen to meet up/chat around the pool or on the beach (with the children) and most of the larger hotels (Uyal, Pollensa Park etc) have evening entertainment - go up to the bar, buy some drinks and sit down with the children and hotel residents and enjoy the entertainment.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:05

We always went down to the front so that we could people watch and the kids could run around and play on the beach - normally went to hotel Daina.

GG
Old 12-07-2009, 13:27
Banned

Default nights out with the kids

thanks to all for advice,it will be our 1st time with children & grandchildren,
we are in apartments south beach area.
cheers
Old 12-07-2009, 18:02

Default Pubs Children

Must agree, you will have no problem with any of the bars facing the beaches, Joker and Pascalino to name but two. You can enjoy your drink while the kids run amok on the beach, an ideal situation. Afraid i can't concur with kids running around the square playing football, having a size 5 football land on my dinner plate really affects my appetite. Each to their own, i suppose.
Old 12-07-2009, 21:05

Hi benjoe
As everyone else has said, you will have no problem being welcomed into ANY of the bars/restaurants in PP. The Spanish love kids,especially for dinner
And Smiddy, you could always go in goal
Old 12-07-2009, 21:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
Afraid i can't concur with kids running around the square playing football, having a size 5 football land on my dinner plate really affects my appetite. Each to their own, i suppose.
I thought you never ate in the square, smiddy?

And I was talking about Pollensa square where the local boys kick a ball around...
Old 12-07-2009, 22:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
Must agree, you will have no problem with any of the bars facing the beaches, Joker and Pascalino to name but two. You can enjoy your drink while the kids run amok on the beach, an ideal situation. Afraid i can't concur with kids running around the square playing football, having a size 5 football land on my dinner plate really affects my appetite. Each to their own, i suppose.
But its a town square, not solely an al fresco dining area?s
Old 12-07-2009, 23:21
Super Moderator

Spot on Mark, it's the restaurants trying to take over the square that is the problem. Earlier this year i reported that the council were making them reduce their footprints. As always here it is not being enforced and they are spreading out again.
The square, be it in Pollensa or PP is first and foremost a meeting place for the community and rightly so, i think we all need to respect that and either embrace it or go elsewhere if it doesn't suit.
Old 13-07-2009, 11:36

Jh, The incident in question was about 15 years ago! so at least i have tried the place, as they say "Don't knock it, till you've tried it". Don't think the kids would want me in goal, not unless they fancy losing by a cricket score. Sparky, Of course i agree with what you say, which is why i go elsewhere, but i used to feel there was no control over the kids, it's important to respect their meeting place, and i do, but it's also important for them to respect the tourist, without whom there would be no affluence. Think we agree to disagree on that one!

Last edited by Smiddy; 13-07-2009 at 11:39.
Old 13-07-2009, 20:04

if your in southern sandy beach area try golden lion for eats when entertainment on and just stay for drinks kids can dance on small dance floor. or just go into one of the hotels to buy couple of drinks and let kids join in. Agree hard to find somewhere that doesn't allow kids. Sure you will have fantastic time.
Old 13-07-2009, 20:31

Also in that area the Tamarells Beach Bar has tables right on the beach and when we dropped in a family were playing rounders on the sand!!! The dads and kids playing, the mums sipping drinks. BUT the toilets were a bit manky - you have been warned!