Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   special occasion (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/4898-special-occasion.html)

jaffas 05-07-2009 22:08

special occasion

Hello

Im travelling to Pollensa in August, my wife has a special birthday, can anyone recommend a special restaurant (family meal)
Regards

med777 06-07-2009 00:37

Hiya,

If u have transport, a very special place is Mirador de la Victoria. The staff and service both great, and the food is terrific.. We have been there when there was been a family birthday dinner at another table and it seemed very well organised including a cake.

Here is a link about the place:

Mirador de la Victoria Alcudia Mallorca Baleares Spain.
(and dont be put off by the word Cafeteria...all it means is that it is open for teas/coffees etc...as in Cafe... yes ? )

Hope this helps and wherever u choose, hope u have a lovely time.

Miriam

PS... if u do choose Victoria, u mite like to think about arriving pre-dusk, the views and sunset from here are beautiful.

kate1 06-07-2009 09:34

La Llonja in the Port has a lovely atmosphere and fabulous views - and the food's pretty good too, especially the fish! They are very welcoming towards children.

I'd also like to endorse the previous post about La Victoria which is near Bonaire on the way to Alcudia - means one of you not drinking though, as it's a fairly hairraising journey up steep and twisty roads and you need to keep your wits about you - but definitely worth it when you get there! Truly spectacular location and delicious Mallorcan food.

moosey 06-07-2009 11:50

I would opt for La Llonja or Stay which are both in the port.not sure wether la llonga has a web site bit stay does.. Also i beleive the yacht club is meant to be v good.. Son Brull is lovely and fab setting .. but last time i went the v disappointed with the food and very expensive..Also Clivia by the taxi rank in the old town is my favorite.. its mainly fish .. but food ..attention to deatil also v good.. it a tough job to pick which i would choose..there are also ones i would avoid.. but not many

kate1 06-07-2009 16:26

Yes, La Llonja does have a website: it's flash_AS_detection, or go to the Eating Out section of this website and click on their ad.

Usandthetwokids 06-07-2009 22:04

My choice would be C'an Cuarassa, sister restaurant to Stay, where I will be celebrating my 50th in a few weeks. Website is Can Cuarassa Restaurant. Its on the coast road towards Alcudia.

jiggggy 07-07-2009 00:35

I'd go to Stay. The last time we went there it was fantastic. Fantastic food, fantastic service, and the best location in the port. I know its not everyones cup of tea, but i love it.

monty perera 07-07-2009 12:25

I'd definitely recommend La llonja or C'an Cuarassa for a special birthday dinner as they are always excellent, but Stay is very inconsistent. You could have a very good meal there or the worse meal of your holiday, as we did in May.

ray 07-07-2009 12:46

If you're in Pollenca old town go to Numero Ocho or Eu Centro Es temple and in the port can curassa Stay Los faroles Brisa Marina or La lonja. In between try L'aup near the Cala San Vicente turn off.

sws97sdg 07-07-2009 13:18

If you are in the old town, I would go to Il Giardino in the Plaza Mayor lovely food in an elegant setting, with a beautiful maitre d', sorry did I say that out loud, also try La Font del Gall, superb food in a delightful setting and quieter for a special birthday, we will be going this year for our wedding anniversary as usual.

kate1 07-07-2009 14:43

Ray, have never been to Numero Ocho in the old town - where is it? Is it new or have I just missed it?