Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 10:23

Default Tangos?

Hi, we are hoping to return to the port this summer, haven`t been for 5 years, heard that my be;loved Tangos has gone, does anyone know where Manolo and family have gone, a new restaurant perhaps? Also his brother Vicente who ran El Posito? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2009, 10:27
Founder

Hi there & welcome to the forum.

Please do use our search facility to search on 'tangos' as there are several posts on tangos in its new position.

Please can you also post in the appropriate forum i.e. restaurants, as this makes it easier for everyone to find the information they are looking for.

Webmaster
Old 02-07-2009, 11:06
Super Moderator

Yes Tangos have a great new location with Manolo and family still at the helm but the food and service is every bit as good as it always was.
Vicente is sort of retired but he comes in at 4pm every day just to take reservations and serve the odd drink ( the kitchen closes until 7pm) , his son Tony runs El Posito now and the food and service is top notch. El Posito and O'Lume are my two favourite eateries.
Old 03-07-2009, 13:22

Hi Triplets,

Slightly off topic (please don't shout), but isn't this a much more pleasantly themed website, than the one we're usually on? Glad to hear hubby's coming along well and I hope you get permission from the onc to travel... just wondering whether I can do Pollensa in my stocking....

Marsha x
Old 03-07-2009, 13:31

Marsha

I have approved this post as I cannot contact you by private message (you have less than 2 posts) but we would prefer you to contact other members by either sending them a private message or adding a comment to their profile. Just click on the username to see their profile.

Thanks
Jane
Old 04-08-2009, 17:02

Default Tango as good as ever

Had a lovely meal yet again in Tango last night.Service was its usual high standard, and they have to serve the best alioli. I still can´t decide which location I prefer. I do miss it being in the town as it was so easy to pop in for quick drink during the day or pre meal drinks, etc however, the view and location now is stunning.
The live music is only on monday and friday now, however, Miguel is singing better than ever at the moment, and people really looked like the were enjoying listening. He sang alot in Spanish last night which was nice, amazing how different the songs sound, much more romantic!

Cheers

Pops
Old 04-08-2009, 17:53

Pops - I am afriad I have to say that the best alioli is C'an Ferrar

GG
Old 04-08-2009, 19:17

Pops - I haven't tried alioli at Tangos but Maxims is hard to beat. - Garlic overload!!

Adios Dave
Old 04-08-2009, 21:22

pops

Glad to hear Miguel is back

We havn;t seen or heard him since he was ill last winter and I have wondered a few times whether he was back, Manolo assured us he was on the mend and would be back when we were last over but its great to know for sure

Re alioli ............. I think it depends on your own personal taste .......... I love the fact that Tango give brown nread as it sets off the alioli much better than the plain white ( IMO ) but I do also agree that C'an Ferra alioli is amazing ..............

Re location , I think they both have their advantages ............. I did hear from a reliable source that the plan may be to retain both .......... I hope so
Old 04-08-2009, 22:02

I know I think they are planning on staying put, re alioli Cán ferrara very good too, but (imo) Tango the best lol. Haven´t eaten in Maxime´s for few years now but was always good too.
CD , Miguel looks so much better after his illness last year. Has made a great recovery.,

Take care

Pops x
Old 05-08-2009, 09:23

I liked the location of the new Tango - and the restaurant is much more charming than the one in the square IMO. Enjoyed the run along in the taxi (although they overcharged us I think at 9 euros ) and we very much enjoyed the walk back.

I have to report though that I didn't think the food was as good as it used to be (I expect that I will be shot down for saying so but it is only my opinion folks ) Maybe I caught them on an "off night" but my steak was overcooked and a very poor quality cut of beef. It was no different really to the "beefsteak" which was half the price and part of the MDD.

Hubby had pork escalopes (a most unusual change from chicken - because Tango only do roast chicken not breast with a sauce) and declared them really dry.

I remember the food when it was in the square being better than that it used to be my favourite place for a steak.

Lala
Old 05-08-2009, 10:08

Unfortunately the steaks there are always not a good choice! Their chicken however is to die for!
Old 05-08-2009, 10:30
Super Moderator

I had a steak there for lunch on my birthday in February, it was fabulous, cooked exactly how i like it and very tasty.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:04

Just goes to show yet again that its all personal taste. It obviously depends on if you like the way a particular chef in any restaurant cooks his food. Trial and error or just going by recommendation of someone who you know who has the same tastes.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:30
Super Moderator

Absolutely Bella, i have always found the Spanish cook their steaks much rarer than the English. So i now ask for medium to well done, which means i get it medium. Always think well done steak is akin to boot leather imo.