Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 11:36

We went to Tangos twice this holiday as it was a 5 minute walk from where we were staying. Both times we booked as there was quite a few of us & we wanted the sea view.
Sunday was the 1st visit, 4 adults & 3 kids, most had the MDD (3 courses) which was good value at about 17 euros, included sea bass, steak, chicken etc. but not lechona. Excellent service & food. I had the sea bass, excellent, son had steak followed by profiteroles so he was very happy, everyone enjoyed it & was good start to hols.Upstairs was full, but downstairs was nearly empty but there was the fiesta on in the town.
After this we had a stroll up to the front to watch the fireworks at the port.Loads of people & great atmosphere!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2009, 11:43

I agree Sparky, but as Lala said most of the steaks cooked at Tangos arrive rather dry and overcooked, usually no matter how you ask for them. You were obviously lucky.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:19

Our second visit was on our middle saturday, booked as this time there was 12 of us!
All 4 kids ate from the childrens menu, mainly pastas, with ice creams & profiteroles to finish. Our 1 little girl in the party was made a great fuss of, with her teddy bear, & a scottish teddy was produced from behind the bar to have a 'conversation' with hers. Lovely memories!
Adults had a mix of MDD again & regular menu. If you like gazpacho, please try it here, excellent! 4 had the Lechona, including me as I have to have it once on hol, absolutely perfect on a bed of mallorcan veg! Cod & Sea bass once again good & even the steak! All in all, a good restaurant with very friendly staff, good food, & good wine. Sunset thrown in!

Last edited by cherylbb; 29-10-2009 at 16:31.
Old 05-08-2009, 13:04

I agree Sparky! I asked for "medium with no blood" which usually works a treat but that night it came back really well done.
Old 10-08-2009, 16:42

Took a party of 20 to Tango's to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary. A brilliant meal including medallions of beef which were were superb as was the rest of the meal. Manola had even produced us individual menus with our names on for people to keep as souvenirs. Anyone wanting a special celebration should consider Tango,with its lovely view and friendly staff.
Old 13-08-2009, 19:57

Congrats Lollipop

So glad you had a great meal. I´ve just been loving a quiet beer overlooking the bay during the day. Bliss!!

Pops
Old 28-10-2009, 14:34

Default Tango

My last night tonight in PP and guess where I´ll be? Can´t wait!!!!

pops
Old 28-10-2009, 23:37

Shame you there this week and not next pops as we will be in tango next week

guess theres no need for me to keep a look out at the check outs at Caprabo ( Yes I know its Eroski but to us its Caprabo )

Looking forward to Tango .............. daughter is 16 now but she is still doing her usual pre PP week's practicing whistling to ensue she can try to compete with Manalo .............. which of course she can't

I'm just waiting for the day we take her over with a boyfriend for the first time and she starts her usual manic whistling competition ............ the poor boy will wonder what the heck's going on

Anyway ...... just to keep on topic ....... is Miguel singing in Tango at the moment or are we too late in the season ?
Old 29-10-2009, 23:01

Default Tango

What a shame CD. Would have been nice to see you. Rob actually wasn't there as he had to fly back Sunday so was there with my youngest ( who's almost 13) well nearer 12 and a half but she insists she's almost 13.and my sister.
Can't believe your daughter nearly 16 now. Where does the time go? My eldest 21, took her boyfriend last summer and he just thinks we're nuts when we arrive in Tango. But his motto if you can't beat them join them lol.
Miguel over in the Canaries for next 6 months.
Have a great time.

Pops
Old 27-11-2009, 11:10
Super Moderator

I saw the menu for Christmas Day lunch yesterday. 4 courses plus a half litre of water and a half bottle of wine for €30 per person, i think that is a fantastic deal.
The New Years Eve menu is €38, great value again.
Old 30-11-2009, 11:38

Smile Tangos

Sparky
I ate there for christmas day about 7 years ago and it was fantastic, it was also very busy and it was incredibly cheap. we payed about 15 euros per head incl wine. It was amazing value. Have eaten there on many new years and I'm sure it was much more expensive than that for new years eve.
Sadly won't be there this year but hoping to come out soon after
Go for it, both days sound fantasic.

Pops
Old 30-11-2009, 16:12

Sounds to good to miss to me.
Old 17-12-2009, 00:14

Default Tangos

Was going through my Christmas decorations and found the Tango Christmas menu from a few years ago and wanted to apologise re the price. I said was about 15 euros, it was infact 26 euros but I meant about £15. Was in the days when almost 2 euros = £1.

Pops
Old 17-12-2009, 09:14

Its them Scottish pounds very confusing to convert.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:04

Default Am I really writting a review on Tango??????

Just for the record. This really is Robjay.........and no Pops has not managed to brain wash me.......yet

The first ever meal I ever had in the "Old" Tango (pre forum days) was a Steak, I was blown away by the quality and taste of the meat, I cant say the same for the baked potato !!!!!!!!!

I love my steak to still be kicking and to date I have yet to see any steaks that look anything like an old boot. the baked potatoes yes but never the steaks! lol

Want to taste a really bad steak?????? go for a Cuban Cocktail

Robjay