Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 19:25

OK didn,t like it, but on the positive side I would like to tell you my favies, not in order..... Centric.. wee Tony, works like the devil,, food lovely, Corb Mari, great food, waiters really friendly,a wee bit eccentric like myself, Can Andrew, again love it and the girl who runs it should give lessons on how to treat customers, Nico,s, the original Tex Mex who the Dakota mob stole his business idea from, and finally Los farroles? great fish.So many great places to eat!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2009, 21:49

Animagic21 if you read my post on O Lume (Visit Report Part 1) you will find Jamie is very obliging. Go and ask and he will do it either that day or the following if he has to purchase anything special. It worked for Ms Fussy and the cost was very reasonable.

Mr Fussy
Old 03-08-2009, 00:24

Smile O'Lume

Thanks Mr Fussy, will certainly take your advice!
Old 04-08-2009, 16:33

We tried O'Lume last week after reading posts on the site - and the food was really nice and reasonably priced. The four of us had different main courses, from lamb chops to turbot and the special cod. All faultless.
Only thing was it lacked atmosphere - as with many people we had walked past it on countless occasions in the past and not bothered to try because it looked quiet.
On the night we went, think it was a Tuesday, there were only three other tables in use and at the end of the night we were the last to leave, about 10.45pm.
But have to agree, and I presume it was Jamie who was running the place, he was a friendly pleasant chap whose food was good.
Old 04-08-2009, 21:57

Default O´lume

Hi guys

Me again. Sorry you´ll be fed up of me soon!!!!

Just had drink with Jaime and Robjay but no food tonight. Looking forward tomorrow night. got our table booked for 2 at 8.30 hmmmm (apparantly after the Celtic match!!!) Still can´t believe they beat Spurs last Sunday and I payed to see it .... at Wembley!!!!

enjoyed the beers and the chat Jaime,

Pops
Old 05-08-2009, 14:12

Default O' Lume

Pops, next time we'll send out our 1st team
Old 12-10-2009, 22:14

Default O'Lume

I visited O’Lume last Tuesday night. Sadly there was no one in the restaurant when we arrived at about 8.30pm, but I’ve learned not to let that put me off.

As well as the delicious free appetiser, bread and a selection of butters, we shared a starter of grilled vegetables, followed by T-bone steak and cod a la romano. Just about managed a gorgeous chocolate mousse for desert. Without exception, all the food was beautifully cooked and presented. With a bottle of house white, 2 coffees, chocolates and liquors, the bill came to an excellent 49 euros.

In my opinion, Jamie is a charming host and I left his restaurant feeling as though I’d had a really special night out. He told me that he reads all the reviews posted on the forum, so thank you for a lovely meal – look forward to dining at the new location when we return.

Last edited by LK1960; 12-10-2009 at 22:16. Reason: typo
Old 12-10-2009, 23:05

Do we know when the new venue is due to open ?
Old 13-10-2009, 11:15

I think he said November. Sorry that's a bit vague, hopefully someone will have more precise information.
Old 13-10-2009, 11:55

LK 1960, My son and his GF also love the chocolate mouse, he insists we bring some back, which Jaime obliges, all wrapped up for the journey. (The CM not Jaime) I know he reads all the reviews, he's a perfectionist, that's why i get a wee bit anyoyed at some of the jibes on this forum which have nothing to do with the food, not nice!

Last edited by Smiddy; 13-10-2009 at 11:59.
Old 13-11-2009, 13:00
Super Moderator

We went to O'Lume last night to celebrate a friends 60th birthday.
There were 17 of us and Jaime had arranged the tables in a square, which was great because everyone could chat.
We had starters of fish croquettes, cheese and tomato salad and salad with warm quail.
Main courses were pork or fish, dessert was ice-cream cake served with chocolate mousse, cream, a raspberry sauce and fresh fruit.
Lots of wine, coffees and liquers were imbibed.
As always the food was great as was the service. Jaime told me he will be closing this Saturday night, they will then begin the move to the new place, so lots of work to be done, and the new restaurant will open in the first week of December.
Old 13-11-2009, 18:38

Sparky wish Jamie all the best from me.

Thanks
Old 13-11-2009, 19:08
Super Moderator

Will do Snowy. We are hoping he will be open on the 3rd December so we can celebrate our 1st anniversary of living here.
Old 14-11-2009, 01:29

Would love to come out for opening
Old 14-11-2009, 11:39

I am tempted, very, very tempted

GG
Closed Thread