Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2009, 20:41

Default Two Weeks of Fun and Eating

My family and I have returned from our annual two week villa holiday in PP and enjoyed the wonderful weather and usual local hospitality.

I don't want to bore you with exact meal details but hope that you may be interested in general comments about the restaurants we visited.

Three trips to Brisa Marina reinforced our love of the place. I phoned from the airport to book a table for our first night (all in Spanish - I was SO chuffed!). When we got there Francisco (the younger) said he'd taken the call and thought it was me! How? The stuffed mussels, gespacho, paella, lamb chops with pepper and garlic, pork fillet, and entrecote are all excellent as always. A new try this year was the fish soup - highly recommended.

El Posito once again was excellent. The menu doesn't change, and some dishes share the same sauce (which is a shame), so we only went once. Only complaint - the roast suckling pig crackling never seems to crackle there - a shame.

La Goleta is another regular for us (in fact we've stayed in the really nice and low priced rooms they have a few times). Their Mallorcan Frito is the best I've tasted but, again, this is a restaurant that is always reliable, and Martin and Elke always make us feel welcome.

C'an Andreu in the square has become a real favourite. This is true Mallorcan cuisine. A starter of garlic and prawn scrabbled egg was sensational. One of our party had young goat - it was superb. Their outside seats are away from the hussle and bustle of Maxims etc and suit us very well. A lovely family run restaurant.

Thanks to those of you who posted details of C'an Josep. This used to be the RAF Bar, and is now family run by the brother-in-law of Juan (now at Joker Bar) who used to run the place. This was SO good we visited three times. They have a chef who is French/Spanish and an absolute artist. Sea Bream with Herbs on a bed of crushed potatoes was just fantastic....but so was everything else on the menu. Not a single thing disappointed and Josep, the owner, is such a nice guy. He has poached waitresses Renata (from Zarzales) and Mia (from Stay) and what lovely girls they are too. DO go there. This was the find of the holiday.

Restaurant Siller has been established in PP for many years, but being down a back street we hadn't tried it until this year. Now this IS special. Home made Mallorca bread, the best roast suckling pig I have tasted anywhere (and yes, the crackling is light, thin and crackles for Spain). To finish, the Port's finest almond cake and almond ice cream. A family restaurant who bake their own bread and grow their own vegetables. This is a place we are going back too!

We didn't get to O'Lume. After a bad experience with particularly oily food my wife refuses a second chance - pity. Nor did we go to Zarzales this year - my feeling is that this is not as good as it once was and I object to paying 36 Euros for a wine I can buy in Brisa Marina for 18 Euros.

Anyway, that's all over for another year. Next time round we are coming at the end of July, in the school holidays, because my son-in-law has just qualified as a teacher.

Can't wait for the car hire queue!!!!

Hope I haven't bored you. Happy Eating!

Duncan

Last edited by Disorderly; 06-07-2009 at 20:46.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2009, 22:55

Duncan - thanks for a wonderful brief report of your trip I am now not going to post any more on this site because I am so home sick!! I am going to hiberante until I have the chance to return.

I have to say that your description of Siller makes me salivate and being in Gommar and only a short walk makes me ashamed that I have been there for dacades - although the prices look a tad high it is obviuosly a place to try - when I come out a love sick hibernation

GG
Old 07-07-2009, 00:26

Disorderly, What a great report! I want to be there now! The only ones you mention that I have been to are Zarzales and Brisa Marina but will definitely try some of the others, especially Siller, just for the crackling. I have a list of so many restaurants that I won't be able to fit them all in. But we will try. We are flying out from Cardiff this weekend. I will post my report when I get back.
Tony
Old 07-07-2009, 00:31

Great post Duncan, Makes me wanna be there right now!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:33

Thank you so much for this fabulous report - we agree that Siller, Brisas Marina and El Posito are great and are really looking forward to trying Ca'n Josep and Ca'n Andreu in October! Am counting the days...
Old 07-07-2009, 11:19

Great report Disorderly. Thanks for posting. I'm also heading out this weekend and am going to bring a copy of your report with me, though like Pollpott I'll never be able get to all the restaurants on my wish list!
Old 07-07-2009, 11:25
Super Moderator

Sounds like you had a great holiday Disorderly, thanks for sharing it with us.
Old 07-07-2009, 15:11

Default Trip report

Glad you had a swell time! Your a man after my own heart, you only have a main holiday once a year, at least half of it is built around good food, enjoyed in good restaurants were the owners care about their customers. Eat and make merry for tomorrow we die leave the credit(card) crunch worrys for when you get home!
Old 07-07-2009, 18:46

Disorderly, thanks for that, great appetite whetting tale there.

I have added C'an Josep to my list of must tries, thanks to that glowing report.

Pass me the Alioli amb pan, I am starving!
Old 07-07-2009, 21:58

Smile

Hi Duncan

Where is Restaurant Siller? sounds lovely!! We never got round to trying C'an Andreu it was shut the night we had marked down to go and didn't have enough nights left to try it but the menu looked good!! Thats the trouble isn't it too many nice places to eat and not enough time to do them all!!
Old 08-07-2009, 07:42

Nice report - must get round to doing my one for May!

My son had the suckling pig in El Posito and left a bit so I polished it off. You are right about the crackling, although I found that there was a slight crunch when chewed, after a rubbery feel initially - strange! The pork was lovely, though and had that nice bit of soft fat between the meat and skin. Sorry, I am salivating!
Old 08-07-2009, 13:18

OK Mandyproc - here goes. If you stand outside the Eroski supermarket by the roundabout and walk up the new road towards Formentor, it is the second road on the right. You'll see it straight away on the left of the street.

Alternatively, if you walk from the marina roundabout towards Eroski and turn right at Cellar La Parra you'll find it at the end of the street on the right.

I hope that this helps.

Duncan

Last edited by Disorderly; 08-07-2009 at 13:20. Reason: Rubbish typing!
Old 08-07-2009, 13:18

I would take the Siller claim of "growing all my own veg" with a pinch of salt! When does the guy sleep? Nice restauraunt tho', if a bit expensive, if he grows all his own veg etc, why are his prices so dear?
Old 08-07-2009, 20:20

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollpott View Post
Disorderly, What a great report! I want to be there now! The only ones you mention that I have been to are Zarzales and Brisa Marina but will definitely try some of the others, especially Siller, just for the crackling. I have a list of so many restaurants that I won't be able to fit them all in. But we will try. We are flying out from Cardiff this weekend. I will post my report when I get back.
Tony
hi folks im new to the forum but like pollpott im flying out on saturday for 2 weeks of bliss in pp.
this will be my 3rd visit in 4 years i cant wait i will also post a report when i return.
quick question: do i buy my euros here or in pollensa? ive heard the rate is better in benidorm will it be the same in pollensa too????
Old 08-07-2009, 20:48
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by william View Post
hi folks im new to the forum but like pollpott im flying out on saturday for 2 weeks of bliss in pp.
this will be my 3rd visit in 4 years i cant wait i will also post a report when i return.
quick question: do i buy my euros here or in pollensa? ive heard the rate is better in benidorm will it be the same in pollensa too????
Welcome to the forum Wiliam.

But please do search on money exchange etc. before posting. This thread/forum is actually about restaurants. So do post your restaurant report when you return in this section. Just do remember to post in the most appropriate section as it makes it so much easier for everyone to find the information they are looking for.

Enjoy your trip.