Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2009, 22:39

Smile Bar Coral

Just back today from a lovely week and will post my eating out reviews later but just had to mention Bar Coral, It was our fourth time in PP, and I can't believe how many times we have walked past this place and never got round to trying it, we went there last night, it was one of the best meals I have ever had in PP!!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2009, 08:39

Hi Mandyproc,

We arrived back home yesterday and I have to agree with you with regards to Bar Coral. It's a little hidden gem. The food it always fantastic and I love their house Rose wine. Our meal for 6 (four adults, 2 kids) including wine came to less than 100 euro's.

I always recommend Bar Coral, maybe we were their at the same time!

Suemo x.
Old 08-06-2009, 15:05

Hi All

Maybe a silly question but where is bar coral??

Rachel
Old 08-06-2009, 15:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel23 View Post
Hi All

Maybe a silly question but where is bar coral??

Rachel
If I remember rightly, if you're walking along the front towards Pine Walk away from the marina with the sea on your right keep an eye to your left, I think its up a side street near the beginning of Pine Walk - anyway you cant miss it if you keep looking left. Great little place with very friendly owners, can get v busy for lunch though. Don't expect gourmet cooking but its generally good, wholesome stuff
Old 08-06-2009, 16:25
Super Moderator

Look at the "sticky" A-Z of Restaurant Directions at the beginning of this section. Jane spent many hours putting it together so we have an easy reference.
Old 08-06-2009, 20:24

Bar Coral has always been basic but entertaining, usually good value (but don't believe "mama makes the soup!)
Old 08-06-2009, 22:32

You better believe it she really does make the soup along with many other dishes. George and Anna along with Pedro makes a great team not forgetting Mama, we have been going there for years and have become firm friends with them, we also used to stay in one of their flats at one time, but now we have one further down by the Marina facing the sea. They have also helped us out more than once eg (When the airport strike was on and no one could get into the Airport, Anna phoned her brother in law who runs a Taxi service and he came to collect us and drove straight into the airport ignoring all the Pickets.Their food is also very good especially the shoulder of Lamb and we allways go there for our first night in PP
Old 08-06-2009, 23:19

Agree too

Shoulder of Lamb with tumbet or the Popeye chicken ( Chicken Breast filled with spinnach and served with a lovelly white sauce

The young girl service there this year is great ........... very quick witted and entertaining

Anna is also always welcoming and eager to please
Old 09-06-2009, 10:13

Smile Bar Coral

I agree with all the comments made here about Bar Coral...their lamb is really lovely. I was quite sad to read an extremely negative comment about this restaurant on a different thread...I guess that old saying "One man's meat is another man's poison" comes into play here! We're in PP for 7 nights from 8th Aug and Bar Coral and Tango will be on our list. Only 59 days now!
Old 09-06-2009, 13:50

I had the shoulder of lamb at Bar Coral and it was delicious, agree entriely that it would not do for us all to like the same - good reviews are in abundance for Los Zarzales however we sampled it twice and were disappointed both times - maybe made the wrong choices!!
Old 09-06-2009, 20:01

We have been going to Bar Coral for twenty years. We have been known to eat lunch and dinner there on the same day. The shoulder of lamb is a firm family favourite. The mussels are good for lunch too!

Just been reminded by daughter - alioli is best by far

Last edited by marilyn; 10-06-2009 at 22:14.
Old 09-06-2009, 20:53

We stayed at Oro Playa for many years when we had kids with us, consequently we spent many a happy hour at Bar Coral. I can't recall ever having a bad meal there! Perhaps not the place for a special occasion, but excellent home cooked food. A great place for families to eat together, I've seen tables of 20 (I think!) being catered for.
Agree with the comments about the owners, they always make you welcome.
Old 09-06-2009, 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandyproc View Post
Just back today from a lovely week and will post my eating out reviews later but just had to mention Bar Coral, It was our fourth time in PP, and I can't believe how many times we have walked past this place and never got round to trying it, we went there last night, it was one of the best meals I have ever had in PP!!
Snap, my wife and I ate there last night as well, before returning home today. What a coincidence.

cheers,

jimbo
Old 10-06-2009, 09:17

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo the Jambo View Post
Snap, my wife and I ate there last night as well, before returning home today. What a coincidence.

cheers,

jimbo
We were in there Friday night, think we got there about 9ish, me and the hubby and Thomas who is 7, sat outside not inside.
Old 11-06-2009, 20:05

we used to eat there for lunch but not in the evenings as seemed a bit expensive for the not so great surroundings etc, seems by the posts above that it is good value for money now though, need to give it a go again.

one thing did amaze me though, the guy that ran it always seemed to remember you from the year before.

i remember one year when the kids were young we went out at easter then again in october, the greeting was "ah!! twice in one year sir, i remember you sat over there at easter" strange to think what a good memory with the thousands of folks that must eat there every year and we were hardly regulars.