Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Bars with music (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/4757-bars-music.html)

merkat 09-06-2009 15:00

Bars with music

Hello,

I went to PP last year with a group of ladies and my friend, didn't know anything about PP before but loved it, going back again in 1 week.

When we were there we stayed at Daina Apartments and are doing so again this time, we stayed around the Pine Walk loved it but it was a more quiet and relaxing place, this year i would like a drink with music too.

We went to the club (the name has just left me can't think for the life of me) It was down some stairs!? anyway that was ok but very close and underground etc, i would like more outdoors/open type bar lively with good music.

Can anyone reccommend anywhere?

Thank you, very excited off to get suncream etc tonight! x

Sparky 09-06-2009 15:54

Lots of bars have live music,close to the square Mulligans have The Hustlers and "Elvis" 2 nights each a week. O'Haras have tribute acts, so does the Daina Hotel. Near the Pollensa Park Hotel The Golden Lion, Palms and The Panorama Hotel all have live music on certain nights.
However all outside entertainment has to stop at midnight, so for late night music you have to use the few nightclubs which are indoors.:)

Lala70w 10-06-2009 18:54

Does anyone remember when the Daina used to have acts down by the poolside? This was before the pool was renovated/ became Bar Orange? They used to have a regular couple - Jay and vanessa I think? Bit MOR...

I didn't hear any music there last year - anyone know if it has been reinstated this year?

Before it was demolished Castinets had a spanish guitarist last couple of years and he was good. Anyone know if he has a new gig in PP?

Lala

CathB 10-06-2009 19:16

That reminds me of the Sail & Surf..they used to advertise -Bernado 100% live on Thursdays....wonder what happened the rest of the week...and where is he now ;) it made us chuckle

Can Balache are advertising music - states on their advert "Music every night of the week... including Motown Night, The Rat Pack, 60's 70's & 80's,
Friday nights with the fabulous Becky Lane

Sparky 10-06-2009 23:08

Sorry when i said Hotel Daina i meant the Orange Bar, by the pool.;)

whaleywanderer 11-06-2009 08:42

Quote:

Before it was demolished Castinets had a spanish guitarist last couple of years and he was good. Anyone know if he has a new gig in PP?

Lala
I love listening to spanish guitar, espesially whilst in PP, it adds to the atmosphere and like you we used to sit on the wall outside Castinet and listen to the guitarist there. We have missed him a lot since the building was demolished but on our last visit in May we saw him performing again, but can't remember where, think it was somewhere just off the square, nice to see he is still around:)

whaleywanderer 11-06-2009 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 31290)
Sorry when i said Hotel Daina i meant the Orange Bar, by the pool.;)

They had Elvis on in the hotel when we were there recently, we saw him twice, I think he has a regular Sunday night booking, he was quite good and drew quite a crowd although some of the residents weren't too happy with the noise.

Sparky 11-06-2009 09:41

Yes Whaley he is very loud. He was playing there on Tuesday night and the other Elvis:rolleyes: was playing in Mulligans. The "Daina" one came into Mulligans for a drink when they were both taking a break :eek:, gave us a laugh it was a bit like "High Noon" ;).

hystersister 11-06-2009 13:05

Elvis and the Teddy Bears in the Pollensa Park was brilliant when we were there last week.

Really enjoyed the Golden Lion atmosphere was really good lots of people dancing and in the holiday spirit saw Sergio and Phil good and friendly service.

OK now I need to book again for September.........Oh well I can dream

sunny 11-06-2009 14:55

sergio

glad to hear sergio in fine form. Hope still entertainment in Oct half term just under 20 wks not that I'm counting!!!

gers1873 11-06-2009 19:51

Glaswegian Elvis in mulligans is a right good laugh, he doesnt sound much like elvis at the start of the night and even less later on after he's had a few :D

fudbeer 12-06-2009 14:59

Yes we found the Elvis in Mulligans great entertainment he really does give it 100% not sure how much he sounds like the big man but nether the less a great entertainer and thats what counts!

btw why are there so many elvis's in pp :)

Grandad 12-06-2009 16:49

All over the world Elvis must be the most copied entertainer.
As for Doug in Mulligans, he does give 100% and having seen him last week I also gave it 100%. Had a great night. I see him every time I go and he plays to the crowd. Lets face it its free to go in and yes you do pay a premium on your drinks but its still exellent value

whaleywanderer 13-06-2009 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by fudbeer (Post 31333)

btw why are there so many elvis's in pp :)

It's because the songs that Elvis (No. 1) made were all brilliant and appeal to all age groups and lets face it, it's what draws a crowd.:)

Lala70w 13-06-2009 11:19

Is the plural Elvi? :o

Glad to hear the guitarist is still around Whaley. My sister was so impressed she even bought a CD! Will look out for him and report back. Lala