Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 20:47

Default Which Restaurant Would You Choose?

Hi all

If you could only go out for one evening meal while staying in either Pollensa or PP, where would it be? We do like a nice view, people watching, good customer service, reasonable price and nice wine? Where would you choose please?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2009, 21:47

My choice would be C'an Cuarassa. On the coast road to Alcudia. Unobtrusive service, beautiful food, eating al Fresco in a terrace garden, and chic spaniards arriving for dinner at 10.30 pm. In Aug 2008 dinner for 2 + 2 was EUR 120 not cheap, but well worth it. Looking forward to going back in 8 weeks.
Old 07-06-2009, 21:57

LOS ZARZALES would be my choice every time. Great food, great atmosphere, great service. Book a table in the open air courtyard. Brilliant. Some nights they have a little Spanish live music duo, or was it a trio? It certainly added to the already great atmosphere.
The view isn't much, ie no sea view, but the best place to eat in PP.
Old 07-06-2009, 23:22

For me it would have to be Tango. Good food, very professional service and a beautiful view.

Regards

John
Old 07-06-2009, 23:31

Angie, I couldn't choose, there are few favourites, what matters most to you? Food style, quality, location, price etc?
Old 08-06-2009, 07:44

The restaurant I would have recommended has now gone (Ca'n Costa) but my next favourite is El Temple which is situated in Pollensa, not far from the main market square. We had a lovely meal there last year in the pretty courtyard servede by a very friendly man who made our evening very special.

Have fun finding places to eat!
Old 08-06-2009, 08:52

For me it would be Stay or La Llonja - both have gorgeous views and pretty good food - and a menu del dia which is available in the evening. I'd precede a meal at La Llonja on a warm evening with a drink at the yacht club which is situated just behind it - it always feels so glamorous with its white furniture and swimming pool (though sadly the pool is for members only - well, I can dream, can't I!)
Old 08-06-2009, 12:07

Thank you all so much for your replies, we are making a list of all of your recommendations and will try to fit in as many as we can during our stay

Mark 1875, I suppose how good the food/service is and somewhere with a nice view/feel to it comes out as the most important on the list. Although we are going to "try" and stick to a budget, I think I would prefer one or two really nice meals out than five or six making do.

Thanks to all once again

Angie XX
Old 08-06-2009, 13:03

Just got back on Saturday and we ate in Los Zarzales 5 nights out of 7 perfect ambience, gorgeous food, excellent service I would highly recommend it. There is not an amazing view but the feel of the place and the ambience makes up for this in my opinion. Cost wise our evening meals ranged from 36 euros for the two of us 1 x garlic bread, stuffed pasta (amazing) mixed salad and litre of house red, local mallorcan wine yummy. Most expensive was 55 euros for especial menu, starter of stuffed red peppers, pork is sauce main course and majorcan orange pudding, litre of house red and bottle of water. We were treated every evening to a little treat of liquor or cocktail or brandy etc on the house. Now I feel really depressed that I am working and someone else is going to be sat at our table this evening!!!!!!!!

Jayne
Old 08-06-2009, 19:36

Sitting here in front of the TV reading about all my favorite restaurants in Pollensa is making me really wish I was there. Oh well less than three months to go.

My personal favorite is Stay with Los Zalrls a very close second.....roll on September!
Old 08-06-2009, 20:20

Agree can Cuarassa and El temple, but La font and Bar Nou are also good. For your criteria Cuarassa and Stay or possibly La Longa would fit the bill
Old 08-06-2009, 21:01

Default House Red at Los Zarzales

Los Zarzales is a cracking place to eat, must agree about the setting though; you can be sat by the roadside if you have not booked a place in one of the courtyards. The two courtyards are beautifully decorated, but when we go in July/August, they can be stifling hot, without the hint of a breeze.
The house red is as good as anything you will have in the Port, and you get a full litre! We have recommended Los Zarzales to many friends now, every one of them has enjoyed the food and the house red.
Old 09-06-2009, 13:34

Like Jane I would have said Can Costa but it is sadly no more...

I would go for Little Italy. Location, Location, Location - and for me, my holiday starts properly when I am lingering over a long lunch at Little Italy with a glass of cold Rosado in my hand looking out over the Pinewalk to the lovely blue water, the little swaying boats and the hills across the bay.

Lala
Old 09-06-2009, 13:59

My own 'must visits' are El Posito (great food), Brisas Marina (Great Food and decent location), C'an Andreu (2 excellent value evening MDD's last year), Casa Isabel takeway (I am the forums 'champion' of its reasonably priced takeway Mallorquin and Spanish food for those chilled out nights on the balcony/ roof terrace), O Lume (great food and service) and Bar Cultural for a more 'local' feel to sitting at the square people watching.
Old 09-06-2009, 16:03
Super Moderator

For intimate dinners for 2 and first class food and service it has to be O'Lume and El Posito. While Stay and Tango have great views, food and service they are too big to be intimate. Just my opinion .