Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Bar Coral (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/4739-bar-coral.html)

Mandyproc 06-06-2009 22:39

Bar Coral

Just back today from a lovely week and will post my eating out reviews later but just had to mention Bar Coral, It was our fourth time in PP, and I can't believe how many times we have walked past this place and never got round to trying it, we went there last night, it was one of the best meals I have ever had in PP!! :)

suemo 07-06-2009 08:39

Hi Mandyproc,

We arrived back home yesterday and I have to agree with you with regards to Bar Coral. It's a little hidden gem. The food it always fantastic and I love their house Rose wine. Our meal for 6 (four adults, 2 kids) including wine came to less than 100 euro's.

I always recommend Bar Coral, maybe we were their at the same time!

Suemo x.

Rachel23 08-06-2009 15:05

Hi All

Maybe a silly question but where is bar coral??

Rachel

Wacker2611 08-06-2009 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel23 (Post 31190)
Hi All

Maybe a silly question but where is bar coral??

Rachel

If I remember rightly, if you're walking along the front towards Pine Walk away from the marina with the sea on your right keep an eye to your left, I think its up a side street near the beginning of Pine Walk - anyway you cant miss it if you keep looking left. Great little place with very friendly owners, can get v busy for lunch though. Don't expect gourmet cooking but its generally good, wholesome stuff:)

Sparky 08-06-2009 16:25

Look at the "sticky" A-Z of Restaurant Directions at the beginning of this section. Jane spent many hours putting it together so we have an easy reference.

ray 08-06-2009 20:24

Bar Coral has always been basic but entertaining, usually good value (but don't believe "mama makes the soup!)

purpleboots 08-06-2009 22:32

You better believe it she really does make the soup along with many other dishes. George and Anna along with Pedro makes a great team not forgetting Mama, we have been going there for years and have become firm friends with them, we also used to stay in one of their flats at one time, but now we have one further down by the Marina facing the sea. They have also helped us out more than once eg (When the airport strike was on and no one could get into the Airport, Anna phoned her brother in law who runs a Taxi service and he came to collect us and drove straight into the airport ignoring all the Pickets.Their food is also very good especially the shoulder of Lamb and we allways go there for our first night in PP

its cd 08-06-2009 23:19

Agree too

Shoulder of Lamb with tumbet or the Popeye chicken ( Chicken Breast filled with spinnach and served with a lovelly white sauce

The young girl service there this year is great ........... very quick witted and entertaining

Anna is also always welcoming and eager to please

animagic21 09-06-2009 10:13

Bar Coral

I agree with all the comments made here about Bar Coral...their lamb is really lovely. I was quite sad to read an extremely negative comment about this restaurant on a different thread...I guess that old saying "One man's meat is another man's poison" comes into play here! We're in PP for 7 nights from 8th Aug and Bar Coral and Tango will be on our list. Only 59 days now!

Mandyproc 09-06-2009 13:50

I had the shoulder of lamb at Bar Coral and it was delicious, agree entriely that it would not do for us all to like the same - good reviews are in abundance for Los Zarzales however we sampled it twice and were disappointed both times - maybe made the wrong choices!!

marilyn 09-06-2009 20:01

We have been going to Bar Coral for twenty years. We have been known to eat lunch and dinner there on the same day. The shoulder of lamb is a firm family favourite. The mussels are good for lunch too!

Just been reminded by daughter - alioli is best by far

mpg.mk1 09-06-2009 20:53

We stayed at Oro Playa for many years when we had kids with us, consequently we spent many a happy hour at Bar Coral. I can't recall ever having a bad meal there! Perhaps not the place for a special occasion, but excellent home cooked food. A great place for families to eat together, I've seen tables of 20 (I think!) being catered for.
Agree with the comments about the owners, they always make you welcome.

Jimbo the Jambo 09-06-2009 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandyproc (Post 31127)
Just back today from a lovely week and will post my eating out reviews later but just had to mention Bar Coral, It was our fourth time in PP, and I can't believe how many times we have walked past this place and never got round to trying it, we went there last night, it was one of the best meals I have ever had in PP!! :)

Snap, my wife and I ate there last night as well, before returning home today. What a coincidence.

cheers,

jimbo

Mandyproc 10-06-2009 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo the Jambo (Post 31242)
Snap, my wife and I ate there last night as well, before returning home today. What a coincidence.

cheers,

jimbo

We were in there Friday night, think we got there about 9ish, me and the hubby and Thomas who is 7, sat outside not inside.

gers1873 11-06-2009 20:05

we used to eat there for lunch but not in the evenings as seemed a bit expensive for the not so great surroundings etc, seems by the posts above that it is good value for money now though, need to give it a go again.

one thing did amaze me though, the guy that ran it always seemed to remember you from the year before.

i remember one year when the kids were young we went out at easter then again in october, the greeting was "ah!! twice in one year sir, i remember you sat over there at easter" strange to think what a good memory with the thousands of folks that must eat there every year and we were hardly regulars.

med777 11-06-2009 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by gers1873 (Post 31312)
i remember one year when the kids were young we went out at easter then again in october, the greeting was "ah!! twice in one year sir, i remember you sat over there at easter" strange to think what a good memory with the thousands of folks that must eat there every year and we were hardly regulars.

.... ok gers.... own up. What did ya do ? was it the cutlery?...or run off b4 paying the bill, weans under ur arms?.... ;)

Its how it works.... u felt good cos u were remembered, ur custom was appreciated enuff to be remembered....if only there were more places like that!
Often, I am in PP without my husband or family, and found that the service in Coral was really good. They appreciated that I was a female eating alone, paid extra attention to where I would like to sit... were attentive without being intrusive. I like the place, the service and the food !

Miriam

Wyevale 12-06-2009 08:11

By strange coincidence (perhaps?) right opposite is the restaurant Laroc which spelt backwards is Coral!

Wyevale

James 12-06-2009 11:45

Bar Coral

Laroc was originally founded as a sister restaurant to the Coral and run by Jordi (from the Coral). It's now independent from the Coral and run by Bruno and his wife.