Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-05-2009, 07:24

Default The good, the bad and the fantastic!

The good, "Kashmir" had menu del dia in the evening including wine for 15euro.nice to eat in square watching church goers and children etc. excellent value and delicious and good quality.

The bad, "Mojito" on square, uncooked food (raw chiken), forgot olives, wrong meals brought to table and expensive.

The Fantastic "Stay" menu del dia, first visit. Can not fault it. very attentive service but not too much, trendy in design, fantastic views. I always thought it would be too expensive. we both agreed it was the best value meal of our hols. so our bill was about 70 euros for.........2 glasses of cava, bottle of red wine, litre of fizzy water, nibbles, mini gazpacho appetizer, bread and olive oil, 2 x paella (to start) 2 x John Dory fillets (main) 2 xlovely dessert, 2 x cortado and home made chocs and 2 x sobarano!!

ps we also had kebabs on the beach one night with a couple of cans of san migel! which was great!
Sponsored Links
Old 23-05-2009, 10:00

Hi Liz glad you had a great holiday

Agree with everything you say about Stay! People get the notion that it is a very pricey restauarant, which if you go a la carte it can be. But the menu del is really the most fantastic value at 32 € ... both for the quality and amount of food and drinks. The location and service also make it tops in my book

Mojito....agree also!!! Went once and had a terrible meal. Usually we would always give a place a second chance but judging by your review and quite a few others, never again
Old 23-05-2009, 14:24

Spot on with everything, also if you like Indian food, the restaurant near trio( two words beginning with M!) is great
Old 23-05-2009, 15:26
Super Moderator

Never tried Mojito and don't think i will . Raw chicken nooooooo.
Agree Mirch Massala the best Indian in the port.
Stay, was pleasantly surprised MDD is great value for money.
Old 23-05-2009, 16:57

Liz, I agree about Stay. We ate there last night and had the MDD. It is a perfect setting watching the set over the mountains, the service is first class and the food excellent. It might seem expensive but for what you get it's great value. We always look forward to going there.

Adios

Dave
Old 24-05-2009, 10:05

And to recognise the hardtimes Stay have now included IVA ( VAT ) in the MDD price.

BonysLad
Old 24-05-2009, 17:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Never tried Mojito and don't think i will . Raw chicken nooooooo.
Agree Mirch Massala the best Indian in the port.
Stay, was pleasantly surprised MDD is great value for money.
Sparky,

I confirm your worst thoughts about Mojito.

jimbo
Old 31-05-2009, 03:00

Great to hear you had a good meal here, have not eaten for several years, main reasons being the menu has not changed for 8-10 years and picture food - no need, we all know what salmon looks like (hopefully) and the vegetarian options are non existent!!! If you have paid chefs in the kitchen surely they can come up with something other than vegetables a la plancha.
Old 01-06-2009, 16:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
Hi Liz glad you had a great holiday

Mojito....agree also!!! Went once and had a terrible meal. Usually we would always give a place a second chance but judging by your review and quite a few others, never again

Mojito's problem is and always has been the same. Trying to cater for too many people with to few facilities. The kitchen is way to small for the amount of covers. The thing that puzzles me is that he is always busy.
Old 01-06-2009, 19:53

Default El Mojito

Yes it's always packed, as it should be with it's location, but, as has been said, the kitchen is tiny, which begs the question, why are they alowed so many tables? i understand some of the cooking is done elsewhere, but this should not be a big problem as long as the foods good. It appears it's not! My one and only visit was about 10 years ago, that should tell you something. Pity as it COULD be a nice restaurant.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:28

Can I put in a good word for El Mojito, as I have said before it is one of our favourites, we go every year and are looking forward to going this. The food have always been excellent and the service is always friendly, its not the fastest place, but who wants fast on holiday. Their Veggie selection is almost the best in the port, with their Tumbet the best I have tasted anywhere, its making my mouth water just thinking about it, roll on July. Its always packed so they must be doing something right, I would always be wary of an empty restaurant in a busy tourist area. It has a great location and live music several times a week, and local specialties as well as the usual stuff. Its good we all have different tastes and opinions, just wanted to put the other side of the view.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:36

I too think its OK, and very atmospheric. We don't really go for the food, more for the location as its a great place to people watch(we like to play celebrity look-alikes!). I've had some average and some very good meals in there, but never bad

Last edited by Wacker2611; 02-06-2009 at 13:03.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:11

We go to Mojito every year & have not had a bad meal. Service can be slow, but the music is good & atmosphere is great.
Old 02-06-2009, 17:48

We picked Mojito because of the location, and because it looked busy. It was our first night and we were very disappointed.(we didn't pick the del dia, so the bill was quite alot, 60 euros, without any dessert, coffee etc) Maybe we were unlucky on the night, we've all had those evenings in restaurants when it all goes wrong! but it was just one mistake too many for us and we have decided that next time we'll try the BBQ place near bar cultural instead.

Last edited by liz d; 02-06-2009 at 18:07.
Old 02-06-2009, 20:04
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz d View Post
We picked Mojito because of the location, and because it looked busy. It was our first night and we were very disappointed.(we didn't pick the del dia, so the bill was quite alot, 60 euros, without any dessert, coffee etc) Maybe we were unlucky on the night, we've all had those evenings in restaurants when it all goes wrong! but it was just one mistake too many for us and we have decided that next time we'll try the BBQ place near bar cultural instead.
The BBQ place is also Mojito Liz, so i don't know if it any better. I have not tried either of them so cannot comment other than to say both places are very busy whenever i walk past.