Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-05-2009, 18:18

Default May Trip Report

Hi, I have just returned from Puerto Pollensa and firstly have to ask myself 'why have I not discovered this destination before?!'

Had a lovely time both at the Port and in the old town with plenty walking and then a meal out every night. I thought I would also share my eating experiences for anybody venturing out soon(lucky them!!)

First night we wanted somewhere close to our apartments, Villa Concha, and the first eaterie that was busy was Simbad on the front. We had a menu of the day for 12 euros which was starter, main, pudding and drink. Found the portions big here but quality was nothing special and didn't eat there again. I know that for the price it was very good value. Every night we passed it was really busy so maybe it was just not for us.

The second night we found what I found to be the best restaurant for value and quality. La Piazza in the square. I could not believe that we were getting a 3 course with drink(and schnapps at end) for 11.50 euros! Both my mum and I thought the quality was excellent and the portion sizes suited us. We enjoyed it so much that we ate here another two times in the week. Each time the quality was excellent as we worked through the menu!

Another night, the one when it stotted down with rain all night we ended up at El Mojito. I must admit that we had no complaints about the quality of food we received that night. We both chose suckling pig and the only complaint was that there was too much to eat! The starters were fine and the creme caramel pudding was really nice.

Onto the really bad meal of the week! How can so many people be so wrong I asked myself after eating at ..... Pascalinos which is on the front. The place was heaving with people the first night we passed and thought we would try it. The night we went there were only a few tables free. We went for the menu of the day and saw that it was only 8.50 euros. We did think this was too cheap and we should have listened to our instincts. This was the worst meal by far and the the next day I had a dodgy stomach!
Every night we passed it was busy!

The other restaurant that we ate at that comes in a close second to La Piazza is Hibiscus. This had a menu of the day for 15.90 euros. We both thought the quality was excellent and it definitely wins for choice of dishes. The only reason La Piazza wins is purely the price 23 euros for 2 instead of 31.80 if you are on a budget this does make a difference when you eat out every night.

Each day we also wandered past the ice cream hut near to the bus terminal. This had an excellent choice and we both tried hard to work our way round lots of different flavours!

One thing is for sure - Puerto Pollensa is going to be revisited!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 24-05-2009, 21:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaz4473 View Post
Hi, I have just returned from Puerto Pollensa and firstly have to ask myself 'why have I not discovered this destination before?!'

Had a lovely time both at the Port and in the old town with plenty walking and then a meal out every night. I thought I would also share my eating experiences for anybody venturing out soon(lucky them!!)

First night we wanted somewhere close to our apartments, Villa Concha, and the first eaterie that was busy was Simbad on the front. We had a menu of the day for 12 euros which was starter, main, pudding and drink. Found the portions big here but quality was nothing special and didn't eat there again. I know that for the price it was very good value. Every night we passed it was really busy so maybe it was just not for us.

The second night we found what I found to be the best restaurant for value and quality. La Piazza in the square. I could not believe that we were getting a 3 course with drink(and schnapps at end) for 11.50 euros! Both my mum and I thought the quality was excellent and the portion sizes suited us. We enjoyed it so much that we ate here another two times in the week. Each time the quality was excellent as we worked through the menu!

Another night, the one when it stotted down with rain all night we ended up at El Mojito. I must admit that we had no complaints about the quality of food we received that night. We both chose suckling pig and the only complaint was that there was too much to eat! The starters were fine and the creme caramel pudding was really nice.

Onto the really bad meal of the week! How can so many people be so wrong I asked myself after eating at ..... Pascalinos which is on the front. The place was heaving with people the first night we passed and thought we would try it. The night we went there were only a few tables free. We went for the menu of the day and saw that it was only 8.50 euros. We did think this was too cheap and we should have listened to our instincts. This was the worst meal by far and the the next day I had a dodgy stomach!
Every night we passed it was busy!

The other restaurant that we ate at that comes in a close second to La Piazza is Hibiscus. This had a menu of the day for 15.90 euros. We both thought the quality was excellent and it definitely wins for choice of dishes. The only reason La Piazza wins is purely the price 23 euros for 2 instead of 31.80 if you are on a budget this does make a difference when you eat out every night.

Each day we also wandered past the ice cream hut near to the bus terminal. This had an excellent choice and we both tried hard to work our way round lots of different flavours!

One thing is for sure - Puerto Pollensa is going to be revisited!!!
Shaz,

Thank you for your post, we have been going to PP for some years now but feel reassured by your comments which echo our thoughts on eating out.

cheers,

jimbo