Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 18:32

Default Montenegro

If I have posted in the wrong section apologies. Does anyone remember this restaurant. It was a great favourite of ours. Our kids loved it when they were younger, especially when the waiters came out with the tray of fresh fish - 'sea bream or sea bass, john dory for one or for two'! Was so sad to see it changed to yet another chinese restaurant. Another small place we loved was the Mebar. I think it was family run and the menu was written on a blackboard. We always went there at the beginning of our holiday.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2009, 19:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacks View Post
If I have posted in the wrong section apologies. Does anyone remember this restaurant. It was a great favourite of ours. Our kids loved it when they were younger, especially when the waiters came out with the tray of fresh fish - 'sea bream or sea bass, john dory for one or for two'! Was so sad to see it changed to yet another chinese restaurant. Another small place we loved was the Mebar. I think it was family run and the menu was written on a blackboard. We always went there at the beginning of our holiday.
Hi jjacks and welcome to the forum! Don't worry you are posting in the correct place I'm not sure but I think Montenegro is an Indian restaurant now

We too used to love Mibar as well..it is now Jk's which is a popular sports bar. The family that ran Mibar now run a superb restaurant called Los Zarzales (very popular with many on this forum). The restaurant has two wonderful courtyards where you can eat al fresco in the summer...and the suckling pig is to die for !!

You will find the location of Los Z in the A- Z restaurant direction guide!

Debs
Old 11-05-2009, 20:42

Smile Montenegro

I remember this restaurant so well it was one of the first restaurants we went to on our first visit to Puerto Pollensa in June 1994 ever since it was always a tradition of ours to go on the first and last nights of our holiday. We got to know the family quite well it was two brothers who ran it however i believe one of the brothers had a young family and wanted to spend more time with them. We have many wonderful memories of great nights there and we were so sad to see it closed. The kebab shop on the front is owned by one of the brothers. The first year it was closed it was a chinese however last year it was an indian restaurant which we did try and it was actually very good. But we would have Montenegro back in a minute i can still picture the huge bowl of very large mussels in fabulous sauce from the first time we went there. :
Old 11-05-2009, 22:03

Hi Debs, I didn't know Los Zarzoles was run by the same family. We did go to eat there one night but it was so packed (middle of August) and never did go back. We will be in PP late August this year and will make a point of trying it.

Elaine, I too would love the return of the Montenegro. Like you it was a family tradition to eat there at least a couple of times. It was our favourite place to have paella. For paella we now go to La Parra. Can't for our two weeks in the sun.

JJ
Old 12-05-2009, 08:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacks View Post
We used to love Montenegro as well - it was the first place we ever tried Frito Mallorquin and nowhere else has ever matched it!! And the Mebar as well we found on the last night of one holiday and when we went back next time - it was JK's. It's happened so many times that I sometimes think that if we like a place - it's the kiss of death!!
Old 12-05-2009, 10:00

Lol! Im glad you are taking the blame - I always thought it was me!!
Old 12-05-2009, 11:18

Rosie - try C'an Ferrar

Quote:
it was the first place we ever tried Frito Mallorquin
GG