Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 13:04
Founder

Default Eating Out with Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by stev1em View Post
I notice that one of the posts said that Joseps is child friendly, is there a childrens menu at all??
Not too many posts qualify the childrens food menu in the restaurants-this, for us anyway usually dictates where we eat!!
Don't let the lack of a special menu for kids put you off any restaurant. I think you'll find that most places will serve you a half-portion of something like Spag Bol, Chicken & Chips etc. if that's what your children prefer or even a half-portion of the main items if they are more adventurous. Just ask.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2009, 17:20

Yes, we have never had problems in the six years we have been taking the kids to PP - they will always rustle up a small portion of pasta, or a burger, or something similar, even if it isn't on the menu. Mostly they are also very good about providing extra baskets of bread, allioli and olives - sometimes our girls are full before their meal even arrives! We have never eaten in a restaurant that didn't welcome children, even in the evening and even when it's a relatively upmarket restaurant.
Old 11-05-2009, 19:49

Wholeheartedly agree. We've been taking our daughter (and then son) to PP since they were both very young and we've never had a problem with finding somewhere to eat that will cater for them. If you don't see a children's menu, just ask if they will do half portions.
Old 12-05-2009, 00:04

Thanks for the encouraging replies.We are all looking forward to our first trip to PP but the wife has been worrying about offsprings very exacting dietry requirements-chips,nuggets,burger,plain pasta with no sauce,rice,nan and popadoms,bread,shreddies,frosties and lettuce!

Hopefully we will be able to cover some of these gourmet delights at some of the eateries!!

Steve M

PS.We have been down the "real food" avenue but shes growing, never ill and very happy, and she likes what she likes!!
Old 12-05-2009, 08:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stev1em View Post
Thanks for the encouraging replies.We are all looking forward to our first trip to PP but the wife has been worrying about offsprings very exacting dietry requirements-chips,nuggets,burger,plain pasta with no sauce,rice,nan and popadoms,bread,shreddies,frosties and lettuce!

Hopefully we will be able to cover some of these gourmet delights at some of the eateries!!

Steve M

PS.We have been down the "real food" avenue but shes growing, never ill and very happy, and she likes what she likes!!

I have been worrying about this too.

My wee girl is 2 and although she does usually get a varied diet i.e all the food groups, she has quite a limited palate. Like you said, I offer her anything and everything and she likes what she likes, she to is thriving and very rarely unwell.

Worst case scenario we will have to rely on fruit, yogurt and bread.

A week today till we fly out, I am so excited.

Good Luck on your adventures!
Old 12-05-2009, 11:26

We have been taking our kids to PP since they where born and my son would live on burgers and icecream - the good thing is that they are nearly always homemade. It never did him any harm short term! Progressed to chicken and now steaks, curries and chinese, etc.

Never a problem with finding the right food.

GG
Old 12-05-2009, 12:23

I've noticed a few places around the port advertising MDD for children, at roughly 4 euros (presumably for 3 courses but without the wine ).
Old 12-05-2009, 16:22

Don't worry! You'll find plenty of places to eat. Just ask for any specials, ie. plain pasta, & most places will do it for your little ones. It is very child-friendly.
Old 12-05-2009, 23:44

Smile Eating Out with Children

No one could be more faddy than our eldest son, but we have been taking him to PP since he was 2 and have always managed to find something on the menu he would eat. He is 18 in July and had his first takeaway curry last week so there is light at the end of the tunnel! He too is very healthy and not in the slightest overweight. Like all Spanish and Italian resorts, PP loves children and it is great to see families together at night with no drunken hoards (unlike Bournemouth on a Sat night).
Old 13-05-2009, 23:43

Endorse all that has been said

One year when she was about 4 our daughter ate Spag bol for dinner every night ..... not very varied but she believed she became the PP spag bol expert and we were happy because we had no hassle.

I have never been anywhere that is "unfriendly" towards children. As said before most places will do a half portion of something on the menu and hold the sauce/ spice if requested.

And if experimenting isn't your little ones thing ....... give them beans on toast before you come out and then let them have a plate of chips and a desert ......... it won't kill em for a week or 2

Most important thing is that you are all happy, stress free and enjoying yourself

You may also find that if there is no pressure to try new things , they automatically ask to try a bit of whatever you are having

My daughter discovered a love of fresh pineapple and watermellon because of the excitement of buying it from the Pina Pina Meloneeeeeeeeeee man