Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-04-2009, 21:35

Default Crocodile Rock

Well, my mate and I have some serious business to discuss ( the relative seasonal prospects of Yorkshire and Middlesex cricket clubs ) so we agree to meet, along with our better halves, at Restaurante Cocodrilo

It's kinda La Victoria for acrophobics ( Jane, you could cope with this one !!!) based at the Marina Bonaire with marvellous views from the restaurant across Pollensa Bay towards Formentor.

In fact it's so close to sea level they are constructing a new sea wall and defences around the place. So every few minutes our enjoyment of the view is interrupted by a large dumper truck depositing the most enormous boulders you've ever clapped eyes on. Fortunately , here, everything stops for lunch ,so normal visionary service is soon restored.

Very extensive fish menu, it all looks so fresh and delicious. Huge table beside us is filled with relaxing various militiamen who have been on an large excercise for the Spanish MOD in the Alcudia area for the last couple of days.Plates of squid appear,followed by an enormous pan of paella. Having consumed this a refill was brought, all washed down with chilled white rioja.

Ashamed to say , both BLT and I opted for the lamb cutlets but the Dorados enjoyed by our dining companions was divine they said ( or rather bloody champion !!!! being of good Yorkshire stock).

Highly recommendable and well worth the short run around there. Charming local couple run it ( Manolo appeared at one stage with some beans freshly picked from their finca garden )

We finished lunch with a stroll around the lovely little marina in the brilliant sunshine, perfect end to a very enjoyable couple of hours.

Give it a try ( the rocks will soon all be in place now by the look of it )

BonysLad
Sponsored Links
Old 24-04-2009, 22:40

Sounds lovely. Where is this? I'd love to visit.

Car
Old 25-04-2009, 08:45

Great review, Bonyslad! Would you mind giving directions so I can add it to the RR thread?

Thanks!
Old 25-04-2009, 13:07

This sounds fabulous - will definitely try next time we are out! Is it actually part of the marina - we've only ever driven through it on the way to La Victoria. (We did notice the rocks this month - well, you couldn't really miss them!)
Old 25-04-2009, 15:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH02JLH View Post
Great review, Bonyslad! Would you mind giving directions so I can add it to the RR thread?

Thanks!
Just take the road through Alcudia towards La Victoria and the Marina is on the left before you get to the climb.

BonysLad
Old 27-04-2009, 18:11

Good review Bonyslad. It sounds like a place worth trying. Would you describe it as being 'up market' kind of food (stay, c'an cuarrassa, la llonja) or more basic?
Old 27-04-2009, 20:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty perera View Post
Good review Bonyslad. It sounds like a place worth trying. Would you describe it as being 'up market' kind of food (stay, c'an cuarrassa, la llonja) or more basic?
Monty,

Difficult question, It's not quite aimed so directly at the tourist market as those places you mention but the fish ain't cheap but I'm confident it will be great for those of you who love fish.

Depends what you mean by "up market " ? . I would definitely say if you drove out there for din dins , you would not be disappointed. Don't forget that Stay, La llonja,C'an Guarassa , although excellent in providing " mass" catering at good quality may not compete at individually good dishes. Not a criticism but just where they are in the market. It certainly won't be basic .

BonysLad
Old 26-05-2009, 20:40

We tried Cocodrilo last week for lunch and were very impressed. Great setting, lovely staff and noticed a lot of locals were eating there, which has to be a good sign. I had the grilled John Dory and it was very good. Definitely worth trying. Thanks Bonyslad for the recommendation.
Old 26-05-2009, 23:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty perera View Post
We tried Cocodrilo last week for lunch and were very impressed. Great setting, lovely staff and noticed a lot of locals were eating there, which has to be a good sign. I had the grilled John Dory and it was very good. Definitely worth trying. Thanks Bonyslad for the recommendation.
Monty,

Glad you enyoyed it, well worth the drive there in my opinion.

If we don't agree on Stay, at least we agree on old Cocodrilo !!!!

BonysLad

Did you manage to get to Piccolo Forno ?, now that is a restaurante !!!