Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By gemmakate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-04-2014, 21:07

Default A week in April

Just returned from a fantastic Easter break in PP, a last minute holiday after realising it would cost almost the same to visit Mallorca as a three night break in the UK was going to cost!
Anyway, we stayed at The Playa Mar (more of which i will post in hotel section) so had a longer walk than normal into town (we decided against a car as this was one aspect that was coming out very expensive).
We were really impressed with the hotel and the long walk issue was avoided by popping into multi-hire on the first day for a scooter for my 5yr old. This was only 20euro and the same as his at home (they also had one for only 10euro per week).
First afternoon was a little cloudy but warm so we headed to Little Italy for a late lunch of fresh tuna salad, delicious Parma ham pizza and a margherita for the boys to share, washed down with beers and apple juice for the boys, think the bill was around 50euro. Good value, fresh and so filling that we couldn't face dinner that evening!
After the kids disco back at the hotel we walked back into town to Bonys where there was the usual warm welcome, lovely new parasols and great fire heaters, the whole place looked decidedly upmarket. Had a couple of very generous drinks and the boys loved Jose's new sweetie basket that he passes around the tables!

Next morning was market day so we walked again into town for a look around. We love the market but don't think there are as many bargains as there used to be... A silver bracelet I admired was 59euro and a iPad charger lead, 20euro! I didn't buy either, and found the same charger at the Chinese emporium for 2euro.
Lunch today was at the Yacht club, Squid salad, chicken salad, burger and club sarnies all were sampled and spaghetti for the kids. We met friends there and drank plenty of vino blanco so I have no idea of the bill. It was delicious though and beautifully presented. The bread rolls were warm and the alioli and olives, really delicious. Great service, the same staff have been there for years.
That night we walked to coral (think all the walking was helping our appetites!)
Here we had the usual bread and olives, followed by fillet steaks with a Roquefort sauce for me and Diane sauce for my husband. These were served with tasty veg and chips. The boys had chicken breast and chips, which were homemade and very very tasty. We had a bottle of vina sol, drinks for the boys and the bill was around 80euro.
A dash back to the hotel in time for the mini disco, cocktails and a game of bingo!
A totally different holiday to our villa renting days but now the boys are growing up its great to have entertainment and I must say I found I did far less having an apartment on a b&b basis than I usually do in a villa!

To be continued...
debz1, LK1960, Sparky and 4 others like this.