Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   can costa pollenca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/4515-can-costa-pollenca.html)

sws97sdg 05-03-2014 16:39

Check out their new webpage, its under construction, that's the webpage, the place looks very smart!!

hoopy 05-03-2014 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 92427)
Check out their new webpage, its under construction, that's the webpage, the place looks very smart!!

Any links to this SWS?

Where is it?

Cheers

Sparky 05-03-2014 20:42

They have a page on Facebook, the new website is not up and running yet.

ragdollabbi 05-03-2014 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 92427)

The place looks very smart indeed.....very modern:)

PP76 05-03-2014 21:39

This is great news SWS, we will visit when we are out in March and report back.
PP76:):)

sws97sdg 05-03-2014 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopy (Post 92436)
Any links to this SWS?

Where is it?

Cheers

Can't post the link, but just search for it in Google and it should come up!

debz1 06-03-2014 02:06

Oh my goodnes! If this could be like the original Ca'n Costa this is amazing news. IMO no other restaurant has ticked all the boxes for food, service and location. Fingers crossed :)

Toni will look forward to discussing with you soon ;)

sws97sdg 06-03-2014 08:01

I thought you liked it Debs, do you think Toni will leave Casa Vila and go back to there!

sws97sdg 06-03-2014 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopy (Post 92436)
Any links to this SWS?

Where is it?

Cheers

Sorry missed that bit, it's up from the main town square, head up the right of the church all the way up to the street with the font del Gall, the square of the chicken fountain, turn right and it's along on the left. If you know the wonderful hardware shop with the white cat in the window, it's opposite there.
Hope that helps!

Sparky 06-03-2014 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by debz1 (Post 92457)
Oh my goodnes! If this could be like the original Ca'n Costa this is amazing news. IMO no other restaurant has ticked all the boxes for food, service and location. Fingers crossed :)

Toni will look forward to discussing with you soon ;)

Not sure if it's the original people Debz but there is another FB page for the same restaurant which is called "Cesar Ca'n Costa" and he is apparently the "Gerente" (boss) :confused:.

debz1 06-03-2014 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 92459)
I thought you liked it Debs, do you think Toni will leave Casa Vila and go back to there!

Who knows Sws :) As far as I know he is happy at Casa Vila but things can change. I will see him next week and try and get a bit more info.

CC is such an amazing building. To those that don't know the place it was originally a cinema with a grand entrance with wide steps leading up to the main part. It really should be utilised to its best potential and from the photos on FB the new decor looks great. Let's hope the food will be as well :)

debz1 06-03-2014 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 92469)
Not sure if it's the original people Debz but there is another FB page for the same restaurant which is called "Cesar Ca'n Costa" and he is apparently the "Gerente" (boss) :confused:.

The previous owners were English so don't think the new people are connected at all. It's not who I told you I had heard was going to take it over though!

Rumours eh!!! ;)

sws97sdg 07-03-2014 14:51

There is a picture on their FB page of him and his team with this

"For many months and then give it much thought, we begin to shape a new and excited project. After finding the place just needed to get to work. Our philosophy was clear, work with fresh products at competitive prices and above all create a warm and sophisticated professional service where you can enjoy and relax. There will cocktails and many other surprises which I will awake. Today at 18:00 Cesar Soto and his whole team are pleased to invite you to the opening of the restaurant Can COSTA. I hope our house from now is also yours. Do not miss!"

The restaurant Can Costa cant have an open FB page with friends, you can only 'Like' them, where as Cesar Can Costa as a person can have 'friends' , hope that makes sense to you!! :confused::confused:

Hopefully they may want to advertise here with us!!

kate1 07-03-2014 17:49

It looks lovely - hope they haven't got rid of the old projector as that made the place very atmospheric (or I guess Latitude may have removed it...)

Nick 07-03-2014 20:53

Remember going in there many years ago and it was an incredible building. Old cinemas and banks do really have that certain charm.

Must have a little nosey......