Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 20:07

Default Meal for 2

We are going to PP in july and our daughter and her friend have said that they will look after our son if we fancy a meal on our own.

So where do we go for our romantic meal? our thoughts were a nice table for 2 at the II'dor (dont think thats right spelling not a strength of mine) but we cant see a menu for it also i would presume we would need to book a table.

Where else would be good?

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2009, 21:29

It very much depends on your budget!!

But for an inexpensive meal with a romantic view book a table in the window at Tango at Ca Vostra along the bay. You can go MDD or A La Carte. There is often entertainment as well.

My FlickR Photos
Old 01-04-2009, 23:06

If its your only meal on your own all gholiday I woudl suggest a waterside table at Stay - won't be toooooo expensive if you go for the 32 euro mdd
Old 02-04-2009, 00:11

I agree with cd!

The menu del Dia at Stay is amazing value for the quality and service you will receive.

Take your seat by the waters edge and be prepared for a treat!

Warm bread,olives and an amuse bouche... all this before a fantastic choice of starters, main course, dessert ,coffee and chocolates . Not forgetting of course half a bottle of wine per person
Old 02-04-2009, 06:49

Thanks for that dont mind what i pay so at the moment it might be that i twist my daughters arm and have 2 nights out
Old 02-04-2009, 07:29

In addition to Stay take a look at La Llonja - with both make a booking so you can pre select your table overlooking the boats/sea. Virtually same price set menu at both restaurants and similar quality - I would suggest you choose the one where the menu appeals the most.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:41
Founder

If you choose to go to Stay (great choice), try & avoid Friday night as it is the busiest for people on their last night before going home & service can get a little rushed.

They publish their menu for the next 2 weeks & keep it up-to-date so that you have an idea of what will be on before you go - see Restaurant Stay
Old 02-04-2009, 10:12

Is there a specific dress code at Stay and La Llonja? My parents are with us this year to look after my lads on occassion.

I may treat Mrs Mark1875 if she behaves and doesnt spend all our money on shoes in the wee shop in Calle E. Torres.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:24

I've never been in a restaurant in PP where there was a dress code - possible exceptions being the posh hotels, the Illa d'Or, the one at Llenaire and the one just outside Pollensa (the name escapes me). I have never been to any of those (way too expensive!) but I assume that in the evening they would be fairly smart - doubt you'd have to wear a suit and tie though! Smart casual would be fine. At the Stay and La Llonja I wouldn't personally turn up looking really scruffy , or wearing swimming attire, but my husband and I have worn jeans to both places in the evening and we weren't thrown out, nor did we look out of place. I think the attitude is that everyone's on holiday and it's a beach resort so you can dress a lot more informally than perhaps you could in the UK. Both places are very relaxed and friendly. Have a lovely time!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:43
Founder

I agree there is no dress code.

It's likely to be very hot so there's no need need for jackets & ties for men. Some women like to dress up a bit as it makes it an occasion but as said above if you want to turn up in jeans & t-shirt, no-one minds at all. It's lovely & relaxed & I'm sure you'll have a great evening - on your own!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:58

Excellent as I never take long trousers to PP for my summer visit!
Old 02-04-2009, 15:43
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1875 View Post
Excellent as I never take long trousers to PP for my summer visit!
I think that if you are eating dinner at either Stay or La Lonja, long trousers may be best. I may be wrong but I don't think I've seen men wearing shorts at Stay in the evening.
Old 02-04-2009, 16:07

Yes, I think you're right about that - it would be fine at lunchtime but I can't remember seeing shorts in the evening (and we have been there a lot in the evening!)
Old 02-04-2009, 17:21

My personal favourite for a romantic dinner has always been a table in the garden at Los Faroles. Must book in July though asking for a garden table.
Old 02-04-2009, 19:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensa View Post
I think that if you are eating dinner at either Stay or La Lonja, long trousers may be best. I may be wrong but I don't think I've seen men wearing shorts at Stay in the evening.
For that reason, I wouldn't go. Dressing in jeans just doesn't do it for me.