Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   How many restaurants in Pollensa old town? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/4421-how-many-restaurants-pollensa-old-town.html)

paulaf 26-03-2009 13:49

How many restaurants in Pollensa old town?

Thinking of booking a late villa deal with Thomsons villas with pools (any feedback?) as very good deals available. However most nearer the old town rather than the port, i know the port area has many restaurants but can anyone give me a rough idea of how many there are in the old town - is there enough choice for a week ? Thanks

JH02JLH 26-03-2009 14:16

Hi and welcome to the forum.

There are about 14 restaurants in the old town - for a comprehensive list, please read the Restaurant Reference guide (a "sticky" topic at the top of this page) which lists all the restaurants in the port, the old town and Cala San Vicente. I have tried to include a link to a review for each one.

Jane

sws97sdg 26-03-2009 15:18

As someone who stays just outside the town as well, I would think its probably double that, if you take into account bars that do food as well. I think the 14 refers to ones that have a review or report and are in the 'main area' is that right JHO2JLH. There are a lot more tucked away and further down towards the roundabout, as well as of cause all the ones on the outskirts. Perhaps someone could go around and try them all and count them up for us, Sparky!!!

JH02JLH 26-03-2009 15:44

Yes, you're right. There are lots of bars serving snacks.

The main ones are:

Eu Centro
Ca N'Olesa
Trencadora
Clivia
El Temple
Il Giardino
La Posada d'Ariant
Ca'n Costa (changed hands - may be Argentinian??)
La Fonda
Cantonet
Cellar Es Moli
At least two Chinese restaurants
A Pizzeria on the outskirts whose name I've forgotten
Bar Nou
I'm sure there are a couple of restaurants at the bottom of the steps which don't seem to attract many reviews
La Placeta
Ca'l Lloro (currently up for sale)

Jane:D

Wacker2611 26-03-2009 17:36

About 3-4 years ago we stayed at the Son Sant Jordi for 10 days (very nice by the way). We ate out every night and never struggled to find somewhere nice to eat (went to the Port a couple of times too). As is always the case we ended up going back to our favourites from the first week, but we never got bored. Really lovely atmosphere too.....

sws97sdg 26-03-2009 18:21

Was the pizza place on the outskirts called Piccolo Forno super mod, in the small square, near the market?

JH02JLH 26-03-2009 18:51

That's the one! There have been some good reviews of Piccolo Forno, yes.

We ate out almost exclusively last year in the old town and there's plenty for a week long stay. Also, nearby are Ca'n Pacienci and L'Aup, mid-way between the town and the port.:)

I forgot to mention Lulu's in the narrow alleyway next to the church.

sws97sdg 26-03-2009 18:58

And also La Font Del Gall, our favorite, wasn't on your list, worth a visit

JH02JLH 26-03-2009 19:09

Sorry! :eek: How did I forget that one! We like it there too.

ray 26-03-2009 20:51

There's probably a better range of restaurants in the old town and there are several excellent ,genuine tapas bars too, not to mention a few still doing good mdds for 7 or 8 euros

sws97sdg 26-03-2009 20:53

sshhh Ray dont tell everyone :)

monty perera 27-03-2009 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray (Post 28745)
There's probably a better range of restaurants in the old town and there are several excellent ,genuine tapas bars too, not to mention a few still doing good mdds for 7 or 8 euros

Hi ray, could you give me the names of some the bars that do genuine tapas please mate?

ray 27-03-2009 20:51

alhambra, Can bach, Can Moreno, Emilton, Monument cafe/restaurant are all the genuine article

monty perera 29-03-2009 11:09

Cheers ray. I'll give these a go when i'm over in may.

Kezza66 29-03-2009 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray (Post 28778)
alhambra, Can bach, Can Moreno, Emilton, Monument cafe/restaurant are all the genuine article

Hi ray,
We are rather partial to "the genuine article."
I know where Alhambra is ( having passed by many times without giving it a go even though it seemed popular with the locals - Where are the others situated?