Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Can Pacienci (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/4398-can-pacienci.html)

Major Tom 16-03-2009 18:26

Can Pacienci

Can Pacienci between the PP and the old town is a favourite of ours
I do wish Dudley would bring back his mdd, does anyone know when
he opens as last year he told us St Patrick day was far too early.

BonysLad 19-03-2009 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by plackeyman (Post 28489)
Can Pacienci between the PP and the old town is a favourite of ours
I do wish Dudley would bring back his mdd, does anyone know when
he opens as last year he told us St Patrick day was far too early.

Plackeyman,

I think Dudley's opening philosphy is that he will always open the month Easter resides in. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Easter last year the earliest ever in the Christian calendar ? Surprised therefore they weren't open on St Paddy's Day.

BonysLad :)

Alcanada 20-03-2009 00:40

My dentist (a long term Pollencaphile) once said to me "if you like your food you need to go to C'an Pacienci" - and having been there a few times I think he has a point! I really have no idea when the place opens or closes but I defy anyone to walk out of there not thinking they had value for money.

romanb 20-03-2009 22:27

Not sure when Can Pacienci will open although as others have said it is usually around Easter. Wanted to comment on the changing of the menu from fixed price though. We have been eating at Can Pacienci for at least 25 years, we were really surprised when Dudley changed from the fixed price to inidividually priced items. Our first visit was with another couple and we had the works exactly as we used to have including wine, cheese, port etc etc and to be honest I think the bill was slightly higher than in previous years. But I then visited on my own with my daughter I was driving and therefore did not drink and neither did my daughter, we had a bottle of water and some soft drinks a fantastic main course and a dessert. The bill was considerably cheaper, it does mean that they can probably appeal to more people as you can still go and have a really good meal for alot less money.

PP76 20-03-2009 23:11

Can Pacienci, simply the BEST!

PP76:)

whaleywanderer 21-03-2009 10:39

Checked the restaurant locations thread but still can't picture where this restaurant is - Can anybody enlighten me as I would like to visit on my next stay? - April :):):)

Gommar Goffer 21-03-2009 11:46

Just along the road from L'Aup heading back to the old town.

romanb 21-03-2009 14:57

Can Pacienci is on the same side as L'Aup virtually opposite the supermarket, just off the main road. My favourite is the John Dory, although can honestly say we have never had a bad meal.