Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-03-2009, 08:54

Question Restaurant in old Pollensa town - Cellar Es Moli

A couple of years ago we went to a restaurant in the old town - can't remember its name exactly but think it had 'Molino' or something similar. As you go into the town it was on the right hand side on a corner. It was open at lunctimes but only on Weds- Sat in evenings. it was a really nice family run restaurant and the food was great. We didn't get chance to go last October, but wondered if it was still there - I don't recognise the name on any of the restaurant lists in the forum. We only went once as the next time we tried, it was closed for a family bereavement.

Thanks for any info!

Rosie
Sponsored Links
Old 15-03-2009, 10:45

I think it has closed down and the last I heard it was up for sale. A great shame as it was a good restaurant. Perhaps someone else may have more recent information.
Old 15-03-2009, 11:45

Just checked and it is still for sale, it was on at 120000 euros, now on at an amazing 60000 euros, bargin me thinks.
Old 15-03-2009, 13:40

Thanks for your replies - it is such a shame that it has closed - I suppose yet another Chinese/Indian will take its place. We were looking forward to going there next month when we are in La Font area. We did try another couple of the Pollensa town restaurants but they were a bit like being in church - all very quiet and and dare I say it - a bit pretentious!?
Old 15-03-2009, 13:55

By reading your question are you talking abot es celler moli on the outskirts of town.. its just sounds familair as that is open everyday and night apart from sun to tue night,, if thats the one your on about ... it is open!! i think some people replyiny are talking about the one right near the sq.. unless im wrong
Old 15-03-2009, 14:32

Thanks Moosey!! That is great news and yes it is Es Cellar Moli!

Rosie
Old 15-03-2009, 14:51

Default moli and molino

Just to clarify, cus all those windmills (moli/molino/) get confusimg
The restaurant El Molino is the one that is closed, this was on the road that goes straight through Pollensa, at the top end on the right near a Chinese restaurant.
Restaurant Celler el Moli is at the Roman Bridge end of Pollensa, nearer to you if you are staying at La Font, it is Mallorquin and very popular. Open all year and with a great Mallorcan cellar restaurant atmosphere to it
Old 15-03-2009, 15:36

Thanks Ann - yes it has a friendly buzzy informal atmosphere - as well as great food - think I had lomo con col there last time. And I always get my windmills mixed up! Hopefully (fingers crossed) we will be there next month.
Old 15-03-2009, 18:43

Es Moli is great. We have only eaten on a lunchtime froim the set menu MDD. It was very good value and had an excellent atmosphere. The plonk was a bit rustic but very acceptable.

When we were out in Feb, we walked past after climbing Calvari on a Sunday. I think it was about 2ish and there was a queue outside waiting for a table!!

Also in the street leading from Es Moli to Calvari, there were quite a few people carrying paella to their cars in hot paella pans but I am not sure where they got them from. There was a bar open on this street but I am not sure if they came from there. Puts a different slant on takeaways as we know them!!

My FlickR Photos
Old 15-03-2009, 19:27

Went to Es Celler de Moli in the first week in October last year.
There is no set menu in the evening and so obviously more expensive but the food and service was excellent.
The price for our starters ( We both had Sopa Mallorquina ) was 5.50 Euros each and for mains ( we both had Goat done in the oven ) was 15.50 Euros each.
A large beer was 3 euros and coffee 1 euro 75
It was a Wednesday evening and there was a saxophonist playing jazz from 8 till 11 – Don’t know whether that is a regular thing on a Wednesday but it added to the already excellent ambiance.
We will definitely go again this year.
Another of our typical Mallorquian favourites in the old town is La Taberna Del Temple which we stumbled across in 2007 but they don’t do a set menu as far as I know.The ambiance there is also great as is the food and service.
Old 16-03-2009, 10:02

yes they do take out paellas, what you do if you have your own pan take it in and say what type of paella you want and what time etc to pick up its great .. we do this quite regular drop the pan of on the way to the beach and pick it up on your way back.. if you dont have your own pan you put a refundable deposit down.. also Clivia in the town does this
Old 16-03-2009, 10:02

yes i think wednesday is a regular saxophonist