Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   TRIP REPORT: TRIP REPORT - Feb 15 - 23 2009 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/4377-trip-report-feb-15-23-2009-a.html)

Gommar Goffer 11-03-2009 13:33

TRIP REPORT - Feb 15 - 23 2009

Trip report Feb. ‘09

Here is a revamped version of the epic trip report that disappeared into thin air when I tried to post it on the forum! This has been prepared in ‘word’ first!

Arrived Sunday lunchtime – very few places open so nipped in to Neptuno. Always good basic fare – 2 Pepito de Lomo (loin of pork in a baguette) and a spag. bol., 2 coke, 2 small cana and 2 rosados - 28 euros.

Evening we went to O’Lume – never been before so I was looking forward to it after all the posts. I have to say that it was OK, probably a little disappointed. What spoilt it for me was that we took our daughters Mallorcan boyfriend with us and for some reason Jaime, I presume it was him, totally ignored the lad to a point of rudeness, even refusing to top up his wine glass when he did my wife’s and mine. Spoilt it for me I am afraid.

Tuesday evening Can Ferrar – good basic Mallorcan cuisine. 1 Frito Mallorquin ‘para dos’, 1 tomato soup (homemade), 2 peppered steaks, 1 meatballs and chips, bread and alioli (the best), 1 bottle Binisalem Tinto Crianza, coke and coffees – 67 euros.

Wednesday evening we went to Tango Ca Vostra for the first time – never really liked Tango in the square. 2 mussels ‘Tango style’, 1 suckling pig on a bed of tumbet – to die for!, 1 pork fillet and jacket potato, 1 MMD (spag.bol. + beef in pepper sauce + drink) 1 bottle Mortix tinto, 2 glasses Rosado. About 90 euros (30 per head). Really enjoyed it and the location is fab.

Thursday night back to Martin’s (Can Ferrar) – our favourite! Tapas to start (not on the menu – you have to ask for them); frito mallorquin, spinach croquettes and albondigas (little meatballs) followed by mains of peppered steak, chicken breast in a pepper sauce and something else, bread etc., glass of rose, bottle Macia Batle Tinto – 60 odd euros.

Friday evening went to Stay with friends – MMD 32.50. Perfect as ever. Asaragus and Serrano ham with a warm hollandaise sauce, Lamb escalope, plate of selection of desserts and Raimat house wine. All very nice – mmmmm.

Saturday lunch at Tolos for a second time – we have rediscovered Tolos after a long gap – service used to be very slow but is much better now. 3 different pastas, bread, wine and coke – 40 euros

Evening saw us back at Tango (we liked it a lot!). Bread etc, 1 MDD (can’t remember what), 1 pate, 1 mussels Tango, 1 peppered steak, 1 shoulder of lamb with jacket potato (just remembered what I didn’t like about Tango in the square. Memo to self – ask for chips), 2 glasses vino blanco, 1 bottle Mont Ferrutx tinto, coffees water. 94 euros and stuffed!

Last night Sunday. I had been wanting to go to Brisa Marina but could not find it anywhere, then on Friday night coming out of Stay – there it was in front of us!

The mezzanine restaurant area is fun if you can sit at the front. Bread, boiling hot, very small prawns in garlic (caution advised!), mussels marinara to start. Then 2 peppered chicken breast and 1 entrecote with a Roquefort sauce, 2 glasses white wine, 1 bottle Mortix Crianza (delish…) 75 euros.

Then home to blighty on Monday refreshed and expanded!

Back out end of April for the Wine Fair weekend.

kate1 11-03-2009 17:37

Many thanks for this great trip report - very helpful, as we will be heading out to PP early in April! I will definitely give the new Tango a try as it seems to be getting such good reviews now. Glad to hear Ca'n Ferra is still delivering - that was the first place we ever ate at when we first went to PP more than 15 years ago and we love it as much as ever!

tievenaghtanya 11-03-2009 17:51

I am so pleased to read that Can Ferrar is as good as ever and still very reasonably priced, we usually eat ther a few times during our visits, and Tolos is another regular haunt.
Sorry to hear O Lume was disappointing , we will be trying it for the first time in April as our little one will be old enough to stay out a bit later .
Thanks for the review and I am now looking forward to our visit more than ever !
Regards TT

PS I did not know about the tapas in Can Ferrar, I will ask on next visit .

cherylbb 12-03-2009 13:02

Great trip report! makes me want to be there! We are staying near Tango's so glad its still good.Will try some of your other recommendations too, thanks!

Mark1875 12-03-2009 19:16

As I have said before, we have always called Can Ferrar, Ronnie Corbetto's due to the passing likeness the father and son had for that illustrious if wee comedian. We always pop in as my boys love their bowls of mussels. Indeed my youngest picks it as his 'birthday restaurant'.

Great report too, made me quite peckish!

Alcanada 12-03-2009 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark1875 (Post 28388)
As I have said before, we have always called Can Ferrar, Ronnie Corbetto's due to the passing likeness the father and son had for that illustrious if wee comedian. We always pop in as my boys love their bowls of mussels. Indeed my youngest picks it as his 'birthday restaurant'.

Great report too, made me quite peckish!

Always loved it there. It was one of the first places my wife and I discovered in PP many years ago. We and our network of friends and family have always called it "Danny's" because, to our eyes, the owner bears a passing resemblance to the actor Danny Devito. The two sons do not at present look much like Devito - but there is still time....

its cd 12-03-2009 23:44

C'an Ferra MUST win the award fo rthe place with the most nicknames and the most look alikes in the port

We call it "the little people" ........... for obvious reasons

Also, don;t you think the son looks like Tom Cruise

We are not alone in thinking this , in fact my daughter always calls him "Tom" to his amusement ......... he has even let her in to a little secret " he isn't Tom , he's his long lost secret brother "

Oh happy days

Oh and talking of C'an Ferra ........... last year there was a really nice german lad working there ........... we got chatting and he realised my daughter and her friend were studying german and from then on refused to speak to them in any language but german and insisted they ordered for us ( in german ) ............ they spent ages memorising the german menu to they could look really smart when it came to ordering desert ..........

whaleywanderer 13-03-2009 12:33

Never tried Ca'n Ferra but following this comment [QUOTE don;t you think the son looks like Tom Cruise [/QUOTE] it's definitely; on my list for our next visit.;)