Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 08:50

Question Where is Tango now?

Hi

When we were in PP in October we were looking for Tango and were told that it had moved. Can anyone tell me if it has moved and if so where? We are going for a couple of weeks in April and would love to know if it is still around somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2009, 08:56

Hi Rosie

At the top of the section on Bars and restaurants in PP there are three threads dedicated to locations of the vast majority of eateries in the resort. The A-Z of locations took me a fair while to compile and there are also maps showing all the places to eat.

You can also use the "search" function on the forum to find posts on different restaurants (or any topic) which is very useful.

Tango is on the coast road heading towards Alcudia.
Old 07-02-2009, 13:13

Thank you! It's a shame they've moved so far out as it was a lovely spot with the garden area etc. Every time we go it seems that another of our favourites has closed. El Pozo where I first tried Lomo con Col many years ago is now yet another chinese, Monte Negro is an Indian, another one is now JK's and that is just a few!

Rosie
Old 07-02-2009, 16:59

Rosie

I would say don't let the walk put you off. It is actually a very nice walk, on the flat, round the bay to the new location and the same walk back is very welcome after the meal. I never really liked Tango when it was off the Square but decided to try it in the new location when we were out in Dec/ Jan. I was really glad I did give it another go - really nice and reasonably priced. I actually believe the walk there and back added to a lovely evening.

Sharon
Old 08-02-2009, 11:08

.............................Or get the bus from the port and it's only a couple of minutes walk
Old 08-02-2009, 20:34

We were at the new location during the summer and the view of the bay from the reataurant was beautiful. I thought it added to the dining experience.
Old 11-02-2009, 14:20

Thanks to all of you - I am now looking forward to trying out the new Tango!! Will report back after April.

Rosie
Old 11-02-2009, 17:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
Thank you! It's a shame they've moved so far out as it was a lovely spot with the garden area etc. Every time we go it seems that another of our favourites has closed. El Pozo where I first tried Lomo con Col many years ago is now yet another chinese, Monte Negro is an Indian, another one is now JK's and that is just a few!

Rosie
Rosie,

El Pozo basically re-located to El Posito with Toni (the son) taking over and making it more of a dining experiance. I'm sure your Lomo con Col is still waiting for you.
Old 11-02-2009, 20:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
Rosie,

El Pozo basically re-located to El Posito with Toni (the son) taking over and making it more of a dining experiance. I'm sure your Lomo con Col is still waiting for you.
I have never seen LCC on Toni's menu?
Old 17-02-2009, 10:12
Super Moderator

Hubby took me to Tango for my birthday lunch yesterday, we think the new location is brilliant, it was great to have that view as we ate.
We had :- Bread, olives and alioli
Starters; Fish soup for hubby and Chefs Pate for me.
+
Mains; Grilled Turbot and boiled potatoes for him and Tournedo Rossini and jacket potato for me, both served with fresh vegetables. Both meals were cooked to perfection and the presentation was lovely.

We had water and a bottle of Faustino V blanco, coffees and very large brandies. The bill was €71.85 and we will definitely go again but we will try the MDD next time as it looked very good value for money.

Last edited by Sparky; 17-02-2009 at 10:18.
Old 17-02-2009, 11:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
Hi

When we were in PP in October we were looking for Tango and were told that it had moved. Can anyone tell me if it has moved and if so where? We are going for a couple of weeks in April and would love to know if it is still around somewhere.
now on seafront on road leaing out of pp to alcudia
Old 17-02-2009, 12:05

Thanks for the review Sparky, and a belated Happy Birthday. The 'new' Tango has had some great reviews even from those who, like me, were not big fans when it was located just off the square. Lookng forward to giving it a try.

Linda
Old 17-02-2009, 16:13
Super Moderator

Thanks for the good wishes Linda, i really hope Tango is as good in the summer as it was yesterday, if it is you will not regret going.
Old 19-02-2009, 20:25

Have always liked Tango but think the new position is better than when they were in the Square, we got the bus up there when we went last Summer and missed the stop and got off at the Club del Sol (think that's it) stop glad we did as we had a lovely view of the bay and the resort as were walking back (fortunately in the day light) along the main road to Tango's. It didnt seem as mad in the new setting as it used to get in the Square more space and a plus for me was that the man on the keyboard and the woman singingduo weren't on. The food was just as good as always and it was nice to see so many of the same staff, will defintely go there once of twice this year may have to walk though rather than take the bus/taxi if the credit crunch gets any worse!!

Last edited by Joanne; 19-02-2009 at 20:28.