Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-05-2009, 11:31
Super Moderator

Thought i would let you all know that Bonys has been closed for 4 days now and there is a rumour that Jose has had a breakdown, i don't know if this is true but if it is i wish him a speedy recovery. Although i don't use the bar, the square seems really strange without it.
Old 24-05-2009, 15:26

we were in PP the end of April -walked around the square most nights and called in for the odd drink...we didnt see Jose the whole time we were there
Old 24-05-2009, 16:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathB View Post
we were in PP the end of April -walked around the square most nights and called in for the odd drink...we didnt see Jose the whole time we were there
Jose has not been well for sometime now, like everyone else was surprised to see the place shut for the last few days.

Whatever we think of the place I'm sure all from the Forum would wish him all the best if he hasn't been well .

BonysLad
Old 24-05-2009, 17:07

Hopefully the staff will get it open till he feels better. It is a shame to see all the chairs stacked up in this most prominent corner of the square.

Adios

Dave
Old 24-05-2009, 17:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post
Jose has not been well for sometime now, like everyone else was surprised to see the place shut for the last few days.

Whatever we think of the place I'm sure all from the Forum would wish him all the best if he hasn't been well .

BonysLad
Here here.

jimbo
Old 24-05-2009, 19:38

Default bony,s expanding

Sparky, you,r right, I didn,t want to post on this subject, but now you have mentioned it, I spoke to Jose and he said he was finished, down 60% on this time last year, He said he wont even open the two new bars.PP bars have been quiet, people dont have the money to pay the prices and i would think there will be more bars closing in the months to come.GPM
Old 25-05-2009, 19:36

My best wishes go out to Jose, too. And if youre reading this 'Get well soon Jose!'
The square just wont be the same without him
Old 25-05-2009, 20:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpm View Post
Sparky, you,r right, I didn,t want to post on this subject, but now you have mentioned it, I spoke to Jose and he said he was finished, down 60% on this time last year, He said he wont even open the two new bars.PP bars have been quiet, people dont have the money to pay the prices and i would think there will be more bars closing in the months to come.GPM
never use the bar as its too expensive but like others hope the guy is ok

gpm, i posted very recently about a number of bars not just this 1 charging us brits well, well over the odds for their fayre and was talked down on the subject with most suggesting if i didnt like the pricing policy dont go there

looks like i'm not the only 1 voting with my feet and taking my hard earned elsewhere

there are sure to be a few more high profile casualties in pp this summer unless the local owners of bars and apartments start charging realistic prices
Old 26-05-2009, 00:28

Gers, if you dont like the place then dont go there, but please dont go on about it all the time.

If anyone (yes you Sparky) has any news about Jose, please let us know. He is such a great character, loved by everyone who is lucky to meet him.
Ok, so his drinks can be a bit expensive, but its his entertainment we're paying for too. If you dont like it, dont go! simples!! But rememeber, this is a local bar AND a local owner, so lets support him.
Old 26-05-2009, 08:00

Sorry to hear the news and hope Jose will be back and his old self soon. We enjoy going in, having a natter and treat it more like a social club than a bar but I will say that whilst the prices are high, I don't know too many places in the Port where the measures are so generous! The big worry is that, as in many other cases in the area, a certain pseudo American outfit snap it up.
Old 26-05-2009, 08:10
Super Moderator

I will certainly keep you all informed on the situation, as and when i hear anything.
Old 26-05-2009, 13:40

Default "not forever " bonys

Unfortunatly one of Jose's favorite expressions and the one apearing on his beer mats this year seems to have been proved correct.

I was there every night for the last 2 weeks he was open and only saw him once and he was not a happy man at all.

On Tuesday night last week I was there with friends not long after midnight with only one other couple still there, all the tables and chairs were being stacked up ready for the market.We asked for some more beers and the lad who was working there said "no more finished" which I thought strange but he then gave us 4 glasses and some brandy and that was it closed. Very sad for Jose and I wish him well.

THE SENOR
Old 26-05-2009, 14:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggggy View Post
Gers, if you dont like the place then dont go there, but please dont go on about it all the time

missed my point completely, i love the place

i just dont like being ripped off wether its in pp or at home in glasgow
Old 26-05-2009, 15:51

Just wanted to say what a shame to hear the news about Bonys. We were in PP end of April with my parents and we didnt see Jose once. Infact, thought he had sold the business as when we stopped for a drink there was none of the old atmosphere there and lots of changes.
I know lots of people dont like the place, but to us a drink there at the end of the night and a chat with Jose (or even just to see him entertaining the children) was part of PPs charm.
When we got married in PP a couple of years ago nearly all our guests (about 60 people) visited Bonys at some point and all loved Jose and the bar.
We wish him the best and to our family (old and young) PP will not be the same without him and Bonys
Old 26-05-2009, 16:04

Hi Folks, Having read all these post's on bonnys, one thing is certain. Love him or hate him the alternative dose not bear thinking about. I have no thoughts on the place one way or the other except to say when ever he was packed it sure gave the square some atmosphere. On the occasions you walked by the air was buzzing