Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-06-2009, 09:07

Default Los Pescadores - surprise highlight of the week!

We were in PP a short while ago & I keep meaning to post a report. Meanwhile I'd really like single out Los Pescadores on the Pine Walk - especially if you like fish.

We first ate there years ago & wasn't impressed but I think it has changed hands since. As it has such a wonderful situation literally ON the Pine Walk we tried it again 3 years & were very impressed by the wonderfully cooked Sea Bream (Dorada) & it was even better this year.

We chose to sit by the beach as I love the sound of the waves but we will try for the upstairs terrace next time as I'm sure the views must be fantastic. All the staff were very helpful & friendly. The actual starters were not that exciting & looked fairly expensive so we decided to share 2 tapas at around 5 eur each. We chose Pimientos Padron (green pepper fried with salt) & Pica Pica of Sepia (cuttlefish). The portions were massive & we wondered if we had been given double portions (but we hadn't). This was followed by massive Sea Bream and a lovely plate of vegetables, beautifully arranged & drizzled with a sauce (very cheffy!). We just had a couple glasses of house rose & ended with coffees. The bill came to just under 60 eur & well worth it.

This place wins our award for the best rising star in PP! We had other good meals but this one was the surprise highlight.
Sponsored Links
Old 22-06-2009, 09:21

Thanks v. much for this recommendation - must confess it's somewhere we'd always walked past for some reason but a couple of people have given good reviews recently so we will definitely try it when we are next out. As you say, the location couldn't be better! It has always seemed odd to me that the Pine Walk doesn't have a really great little fish restaurant - like Ca'n Ferra but next to the sea - sounds as if there is one now!
Old 23-06-2009, 07:47

Went there twice when we stayed last month. First time was lunch on the terrace, baking hot afternoon watching the people on the beach right underneath us. Me and my son had a lovely seafood paella and ice cold beer (beer for me, that is!). The Missus had pork in a port sauce which she absolutely loved. Very welcoming and friendly young staff. Returned one evening and were lucky enough to get a terrace table again. Tried the shoulder of lamb in honey and rosemary - it's huge(!) and delicious. Wife had beef tenderloin in pepper sauce. Very thick (the steak, not the wife!), juicy (the steak AND the wife) and tasty. Boy had the pork. Great location, excellent friendly service, chilled out atmosphere. And remember - it's not only for great fish, the meat dishes are extremely good, too. Beer and couple of glasses of house red followed by herbes for me. Bottle of cava for her. Great waiter (sorry, don't remember his name) having a laugh with us all evening. All in all one of our favourite restaurants of the week. A place where you leave very happy and slightly drunk! Bill was 80 - 90 Euros I believe.
Old 23-06-2009, 14:09

Agree with all this, just don't mix this one up with ex Tex Mex Pescador at the start of the pine walk, they are a world apart in terms of food(and everything else!)
Old 25-06-2009, 22:03

Default los pescadores - surprise highlight of the week!

Couldn't agree more with previous posters - we enjoyed this restaurant for the first time last year and visited several times, just for a drink, for a lunchtime snack and for evening meals. We enjoyed everything we had to eat and all the staff are very friendly especially the two young sisters who are the owners/managers. When we went back for the first time this year the sisters remembered us and were so pleased to see us - we were greeted with kisses and when our drinks bill came they had given our first drink 'on the house' which I thought was a very nice gesture The food we had this year was just as good as it had been last year and we would recommend anyone to give it a try