Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Lomo con col (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/4291-lomo-con-col.html)

Mandyproc 11-02-2009 17:50

Lomo con col

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiddy (Post 27761)
Rosie,

I'm sure your Lomo con Col is still waiting for you.

Hi there

I am intrigued what is Lomo con Col????
thanks
Mandy:)

JH02JLH 11-02-2009 19:00

Hi Mandy

Lomo con col is pork loin wrapped in cabbage. Here is a recipe:
Mallorca from A2ZMallorca

Mark1875 11-02-2009 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandyproc (Post 27762)
Hi there

I am intrigued what is Lomo con Col????
thanks
Mandy:)

Cabbage leaves, pine nuts, raisins and pork loin. Fantastic if made properly, hard going if you get it wrong. Both La Fortalesa and myself have done both!!

I tend to try it in any eatery I have never been if its on the menu, along with a portion of chiperones (deep fried baby squid). If both are cooked well, I know the cook can cook!

debz1 11-02-2009 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark1875 (Post 27766)
Cabbage leaves, pine nuts, raisins and pork loin. Fantastic if made properly, hard going if you get it wrong. Both La Fortalesa and myself have done both!!

Mark do you mean that both you and La Fortelesa have got it right and wrong?! ;) Can't vouch for your version but it's alway been great whenever I've had it in La Fortelesa. For me it's the ultimate comfort food...usually have it in the winter months or on the rare wet and windy night in the summer :p

Debs

Smiddy 12-02-2009 00:45

I'd be amazed if Antonio at El Posito could not cook it to perfection.

Sparky 12-02-2009 01:14

The only time i had it in La Fortalesa it was still frozen in the middle but that is an old story ( not surprised the place is up for sale ).:mad:

It is not on the menu in El Ancla but Ana has cooked it for us many times and it is to die for.
Ikebana sometimes have it on as a special and it is excellent.

kate1 12-02-2009 09:48

Lomo con col

Siller do a lovely one too. I have also had a good one in the past at La Fonda in the old town but last time I went there a couple of years ago I was disappointed in the food generally - not sure what it's like now.

Mark1875 12-02-2009 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by debz1 (Post 27771)
Mark do you mean that both you and La Fortelesa have got it right and wrong?! ;) Can't vouch for your version but it's alway been great whenever I've had it in La Fortelesa. For me it's the ultimate comfort food...usually have it in the winter months or on the rare wet and windy night in the summer :p

Debs

Yes, I was once given it in La Fortalesa and the middle was not cold but frozen. I had the horrible feeling it has been microwaved, but as the couple running the place are so nice and it was very quiet customer wise, I didn't have the heart to complain.:rolleyes:

I have made it at home, one success, two abject failures.

Sparky 12-02-2009 21:51

You were lucky, i found the lady's attitude to be as frosty as the lomo co col.

Mark1875 12-02-2009 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 27792)

Ouch, chilling!

debz1 12-02-2009 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 27792)

No what you mean sparky she hasn't got the greatest personality :(

We must have been lucky with our lomo con col.We used to go a lot to La Fortelesa especially for that dish,but haven't been for years so maybe it went off...the restaurant I mean!

Mandyproc 13-02-2009 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by JH02JLH (Post 27764)
Hi Mandy

Lomo con col is pork loin wrapped in cabbage. Here is a recipe:
Mallorca from A2ZMallorca

Thankyou for that and come to think of it I did have this in La Goleta last year!! It wasn't that good though. I enjoy cooking myself so may give this a try at home. Am looking forward to some reviews when people start taking longer trips to PP so that we can plan our week in June. :)

Sparky 13-02-2009 17:42

Mandy i will let you know if Ikebana have it on the menu when you are due out. I know you won't be disappointed.;)

Mandyproc 13-02-2009 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 27799)
Mandy i will let you know if Ikebana have it on the menu when you are due out. I know you won't be disappointed.;)

I saw your post about the Valentines meal tomorrow at Ikebana and for the price it looks really lovely - We love to try different places and this is somewhere we have never come across the 3 times that we have visited. We eat out every night when we are away and really look forward to it especially when the price is good and the quality the same! :)

Anab 13-05-2009 20:47

I am so surprised at the comments about La Fortalesa! Maybe someone should say something to them quietly? I didn't know they were for sale?