Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-04-2008, 11:59
Founder

Default Restaurants offering Evening Set-Menus 2008

Based on a previous suggestion, please can you only post here if you have first-hand knowledge of places that are offering a Set Menu (Menu del Dia) in the evening this year 2008. Do give price & what it does & doesn't include & a SHORT review if you've eaten there.

Thanks,

Webmaster.
Sponsored Links
Old 26-04-2008, 17:01

Default Set Menu - 2008

Trio's will as ever be providing a set menu

Choice of between 8 and 10 starters, mains and deserts, bread, olives oli oli and wine, beer or soft drinks. ( pint of beer or half bottle of faustino VII each )

Can't quote whole menu but would defy anyone to not find several things they like from each course

Starters include Prawn and Salmon Salad; Serrano Ham and Melon, Melon with Port, Mussels; Spaghetti Bolognese, French Onion soup; soup of the day

Mains include Roast Lamb, Battered Cod, Pork in Pepper Sauce, Beef Medalions in a Sauce, other fish options and at least 1 veggie option

Deserts are usual choice of Ice Cream, strawberries, pineapple, chocolate mousse, creme caramel, gateaux, Apple Pie etc

All for 14.50euros tax ( I think )

We have been fans of Trio since it opened and have known Juan and Catherine since their Tots days, the kids in our family have grown up with a Trip to PP being synonomous with Tots/Trio Spaghetti Bolognese for dinner when very small and for a starter as they and their appetites grew.

Good honest food, good value, family atmosphere.

Not an intimite place for a couple to go for fine dining or even my choice for a "special meal" ........ though members of my family would beg to differ, but certainly on our list for a visit on more than 1 occasion each time we visit.
Old 26-04-2008, 17:04

Default Centric

Ate the set meal at Centric twice over the winter

Generally basic Choice of Soup or Salad, Fish or Meat Dish and choice of a couple of deserts ......... also included Wine or Beer

I think it cost 15euros

Basic food , good value, nice atmosphere

Interestingly we have always avoided it in Summer because it looked rushed and too packed
Old 29-04-2008, 19:02

Visted Brisa Marina twice last.week ..had the menu of the day on the 2nd visit (as the soup of the day was the delicious potage/lentil soup and Mr B and I both wanted the sea bass)....still excellent value at 14.50 euros (includes dessert/wine,beer soft drink etc and bread/olives)
Old 29-04-2008, 19:58

It's so nice to read great reviews of Brisa Marina. In goodness knows how many years, I can honestly say that I've never had a bad meal there. Go on a Sunday lunchtime, or late evening (any night) and the place is full of Spanish families - which pretty well says it all.

But it's such good value.
Old 14-05-2008, 22:09

Default evening Set Menus

Hey peeps .............. I thought this was such a great idea for a post .............. so whats the problem ........... surely there are more places with an evening set menu

Come on I have 14 nights to fill in July ......... and I try to economise every other night , so I need 7 set menus

I'm relying on you all
Old 15-05-2008, 20:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post
Hey peeps .............. I thought this was such a great idea for a post .............. so whats the problem ........... surely there are more places with an evening set menu

Come on I have 14 nights to fill in July ......... and I try to economise every other night , so I need 7 set menus

I'm relying on you all
CD,

Thinks this is my fault cos I made loads of notes to post on my return and left 'em all in PP ( age thing I'm afraid !!! ). So as to not disappoint you I'll try and remember , off the top of my head.

Stay and La Llonga about 32 Euros per head + IVA but includes wine, water and coffee.

Can Cuarassa Same format but at 29 Euros + IVA

Los Zarzales 18 Euros + IVA and includes 1 glass of wine.

Maxims 20 Euros + IVA including wine.

Bon Profit 18 Euros ( inc IVA) including wine & coffee.

O Lume I think 22 Euros + IVA including wine & coffee.

Tango 16 Euros + IVA including wine

Trio I think has gone to c 14.50 Euros this season inc wine.

Also noticed that Tots, Tapas & Beef club, Los OliverasLos Faroles all seemed to have evening meals of the day, Guessing I say range between 12 - 18 Euros.

Can any of you other guys help me out with this? Keeping lists condensed makes it a darn sight easier than wading through loads of reviews.

BonysLad
Old 17-05-2008, 09:28

Default Los Z Menu del dia

Is the 18Euro for an evening mdd

Have not seen that at Los Z before ...........
Old 17-05-2008, 18:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post
Is the 18Euro for an evening mdd

Have not seen that at Los Z before ...........
CD,

It was about three weeks ago, not sure if it'll be there in high season though but very worthwhile checking out.

BonysLad
Old 26-05-2008, 18:27

Default Restaurants offering Evening Set-Menus 2008

Los Zarzales have a menu at 18 Euros plus the vat from 12 noon till 10.30pm and also one 12noon till 3.30pm at 11.50 Euros plus the vat. Sampled the latter, will report!

Whether the former will be on in high season remains to be seen.

Hotel Galeon has a menu at 18 Euros incl vat , wine and water. Didn't say on the board whether that ran in to evening but for those resident out that way, I imagine it'd be pretty ok.

Hotel Miramar does a set menu which can be taken, as non resident, either inside or outside on the terrace, a great place for people watching. 19 Euros plus vat, plus drinks and for about 15 Euros a perfectly drinkable wine available, quite a few Mallorcan.
Four starter choices or fruit juice, choice of a fish, a meat, a chicken or a vegetarian for mains and dessert choice incl a cheese selection, has to be something there for everyone, menu changes daily. And sampled here too, again will report.

Also for people watching ,the Sis Pins does a three course meal with a glass of wine for 17 Euros, vat incl I think. Saw plenty going for it, as the setting on a pleasant night is great and not everyone has the desire or confidence to go in for Spanish or Mallorquin food. Hotels like that offer a comfort factor for some.

It seems to me following a recent visit, in this year of the falling £, that , early season at least, there are plenty of eateries offering MDD, at a wide range of prices and no one should concern too much about excessive dining out costs.

And I noted particularly in Calle Virgin del Carmen (Tots etc) that is a right hotbed of competition!

Enjoy!
Old 27-05-2008, 16:39

Question

Can some confirm if Brisa Marina is the one on the Pine Walk with the yellow umberellas or is this the one further down the road after the roundabout ?

Thanks

Scotty Lady
Old 27-05-2008, 18:36

Question

I think the one on Pine Walk is just called Brisas (or Brisa) and there is indeed another one called Brisa Marina. Confirmation is definately needed!
Old 27-05-2008, 19:01

Default Restaurants offering Evening Set - Menus 2008

Brisa Marina is the one next to Bona Cepa, now closed, opposite the car park.
Does an evening set menu inc vat about 15 Euros.

Brisas would be the one on the other side of the roundabout.
Old 27-05-2008, 19:12

thanks
scotty Lady
Old 26-07-2008, 18:03

Where is Brisa Marina?
Closed Thread