Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   The Windmills of Your Mind (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/4232-windmills-your-mind.html)

BonysLadenEspana 19-01-2009 21:43

The Windmills of Your Mind

It was almost too perfect a day. Well for mid January anyway. Bonyladette and I strolled back to the car after Pollenca market and observed the sundrenched sky, just littered with the odd candy floss small cloud.

" Sun or Food ? " we kept repeating to ourselves and that was the dilemma.

" Like the circle that you find !!!. In the windmills of your mind."

Conscious that we had had an early start and had performed an airport run at 8 a.m. for departing friends, followed by an hour or so at the market, our stomachs decided and five minutes later we're at the door of Celler el Moli for Sunday lunch.

Although the place , by now 1.30, was only a third full, we were dismayed to find all remaining tables with reserved signs on them. However all was not lost as we were perched on the corner of a large table for eight, only after giving the solemn declaration that we were happy to share. As it turned out, we were joined by a pleasant local couple ten minutes later.

Sunday Meal of the Day is 12.70 Euros per head and includes table wine and water.

Starters arrive. BLT has delicious paella. Foie Gras Salad para mi ( apologies to any sensitive souls !!! ). Absolutely great and I wouldn't have blinked if Stay or Siller had charged 12.70 for this starter alone.

On with Suckling Pig for BLT and Duck in port sauce for me. Marvellous !!!

The place is now heaving, with folks at the bar and even queuing at the door.Throughout the meal huge paella pans ,full of take away food, are passed over the heads of us,bemused,diners.

On to puds, melon for madame and a tasty orange cheesecake for me.

Wonderful food and place stuffed to the gunnels with atmosphere.

Understand that during the week lunchtime meal of the day is even better value at c 9 Euros per head.

Gulped a cup of coffee, conscious of the waiting folk at the door. Paid the bill of about 30 Euros including tip and headed for the door.

Can say no more than the absolute " Los testacles del perro " ( For those of you from Spain , a true compliment !!!! )

Wonderful

BonysLad :):):)

( Be back in April folks, see you then)

JH02JLH 20-01-2009 08:52

Thanks for all your great reviews, Bonyslad. We really must try Celler El Moli when we are next out.

Jane:)

Sparky 20-01-2009 09:47

Sounds great Bonyslad, it's on my list. We are still trying to recover from the weekends indulgences so maybe one day next week.;)

Mark1875 20-01-2009 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonysLadenEspana (Post 27279)

Can say no more than the absolute " Los testacles del perro " ( For those of you from Spain , a true compliment !!!! )

Brilliant!